Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Hi, I forsee I will need to travel a lot in 2017 for business and want to identify a hotel chain that will let me accumulate status. And I am deciding between SPG and Hyatt.

I am currently just entry level Hyatt Gold passport with 2 qualifying stays for 2016 so far. I guess the stays can't be carried forward to 2017? And what about the points? Will it reset to zero at the start of the year?

Also, it says "5 Eligible stays or 15 Eligible nights" for Platinum status in the website. Is it any stays at any Hyatt properties regardless number of nights, so just 5 times? Reason I am asking is because it sounds a bit too lenient.

BTW, any advantage to chase Platinum status? Most of the perks I read actually start with Diamond.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Note the program is changing March 1 to World of Hyatt and the requirements will also be changing. You will need 60 nights for top status.

Platinum is easy to attain - and it's also pretty worthless.

You will not lose your accummulated points, but your night count will reset to zero.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Note the program is changing March 1 to World of Hyatt and the requirements will also be changing. You will need 60 nights for top status.

Platinum is easy to attain - and it's also pretty worthless.

You will not lose your accummulated points, but your night count will reset to zero.
Thanks. I am reading the thread on World of Hyatt. Seems many people are not very happy... The new tier names are funny

Last edited by BENLEE; Dec 15, 2016 at 8:07 am
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
So true, BENLEE! Funny names: Explorist, Globalist, one more.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
So true, BENLEE! Funny names: Explorist, Globalist, one more.
Discoverist.

Such wacky names! What were their marketing dept thinking? I might choose to stay at Hyatt everywhere for Business but that does not makes me an Explorer. Far form it!

And I am sure your President Trump hates the term "Globalist"
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Free night awards for someone else

Has anyone had any luck using the 2 free nights from the Hyatt CC bonus to use for someone else internationally? The policy is the person who has the free nights needs to be staying, but I have worked around that in the past on domestic stays by adding my name to the reservation and saying I would be checking in first.
My concern is internationally that the usually ask for passports of everyone staying in the room, If I arrive first will they still want the passport of the other person ( in this case my Dad) who will not be making it?
Hoping someone has had some experience trying this.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This is not the thread about asking how to defraud Hyatt....
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:50 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by JRV62
The policy is .. but I have worked around that ....
My concern is ....
Originally Posted by RTW1
This is not the thread about asking how to defraud Hyatt....
your concern should be that you are actively trying to break rules... and I agree with RTW1... not the place for this... how about starting a new thread "how to break rules and cheat"
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:42 am

So I requalified for Diamond until 2/18 which will be Globalist beginning March 1st.

Do I need 55 or 60 nights in 2017 for requalification?
And if its 55 for requalification do I receive the Cat7 free night award or do I still need 60 nights regardless?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So I have unused DSUs which expire Feb 28, 2017. If I want to book a 7 night stay that begins February 26 and ends March 5 - would this be allowed?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Afraid not.... the rules, insane as they are, indicate that you can only use a DSU for stays that end when the validity expires. You can try to split your reservation in 2/5 nights and apply the DSU for the 2 night stay and work sonething out with the property....
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JCala
So I requalified for Diamond until 2/18 which will be Globalist beginning March 1st.

Do I need 55 or 60 nights in 2017 for requalification?
And if its 55 for requalification do I receive the Cat7 free night award or do I still need 60 nights regardless?
What I have read is the following:
1) You (and everyone else) needs 60 nights for renewing Glob in 2017, regardless of incoming status. Quite annoying to me as I finished with 88 nights and doesn't qualify for the reduced 55 night qual in '17. The one exception is if you manage to requal for Diamond before the end of Feb I think.

2) The free cat 7 is for hitting 60 nights, so if you requal in '18 with only 55 (assuming 60 nights in '17) nights you don't get the award.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by RTW1
Afraid not.... the rules, insane as they are, indicate that you can only use a DSU for stays that end when the validity expires. You can try to split your reservation in 2/5 nights and apply the DSU for the 2 night stay and work sonething out with the property....
Thank you. Modified an upcoming booking to end before Feb 28. And when using DSU confirmed via phone what you described.

That's quite a hard stop on the expiry date they've got there
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:23 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
I'm looking at booking the PH Zürich last minute (reasons otherwise). The rate is 540 CHF or 1'080 CHF total for the two nights I'm staying.

There is availability with points at 30k (Mostly bought through bonuses), though I might shoot for a 6k upgrade to a suite which will cost me whatever the standard rate is. Am I doing this right and how do I send in an upgrade request?

I calculated it would cost me ~57$ more using solely points instead of just straight cash without upgrades.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Server
I calculated it would cost me ~57$ more using solely points instead of just straight cash without upgrades.
How did you come to that conclusion? 30K in points for a CHF 540 rate is not that bad a value of your points.

The 6k for a suite has greater value, but you would still be spending your money :-). You would have to call GP to use points for a suite upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.