Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Working on the Hyatt Corporate challenge. Coming from LT Marriott Platinum. Trying to get in all 20 stays. What are some cheap North American properties for a mattress run? Do award stays count towards the challenge, thinking of transferring from Chase.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by greycap7
Working on the Hyatt Corporate challenge. Coming from LT Marriott Platinum. Trying to get in all 20 stays. What are some cheap North American properties for a mattress run? Do award stays count towards the challenge, thinking of transferring from Chase.
Dallas has plenty of cash and award cheap stays and yes award stays count.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Dallas has plenty of cash and award cheap stays and yes award stays count.
How do the Las Vegas properties work? Like the MGM Grand or Excalibur?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by greycap7
How do the Las Vegas properties work? Like the MGM Grand or Excalibur?
You book them through MGM and add your Hyatt number at check in. I’d avoid them though due to the hefty resort fees ($35-$40 a night)
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:06 pm

I have an email from Hyatt offering me a 30% bonus if I buy points. Since I have the Hyatt credit card, do I earn 4x if I buy the points on that deal? Thank you!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by vike16
I have an email from Hyatt offering me a 30% bonus if I buy points. Since I have the Hyatt credit card, do I earn 4x if I buy the points on that deal? Thank you!
No, points are sold by points.com you only get the 4x when paying at a Hyatt property.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:20 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Suite Upgrade Awards (SUA) awarded in December 2022 will have Expiration date Feb 29, 2024. SUA awarded January 2023 will have expiration date Feb 28, 2025. Thus a SUA awarded just a few weeks or days later could have an expiration date a full year longer.

Last year, at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights I received an email asking me to choose a Milestone Reward of 10,000 Bonus Points or 1 SUA with 90 days “to choose your award”. If choosing a SUA, it makes sense to wait until after January 1st to make the selection for the 70, 80, 90 and 100 night milestones (and emails) accomplished after October 2nd.

I passed 70 nights a few weeks ago, never received an email. Called My Hyatt Concierge a week later, she insisted that I tell her my choice and she posted the SUA immediately. In thinking about 80, 90 and 100 nights, which I plan to accomplish after October 1st, I hope I’ll receive the email so I can wait (90 days if necessary) until after January 1st to make my selection.

Was my lacking the 70 night email a fluke or a new procedure for Hyatt? Does Hyatt still send these emails? Thank you.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Suite Upgrade Awards (SUA) awarded in December 2022 will have Expiration date Feb 29, 2024. SUA awarded January 2023 will have expiration date Feb 28, 2025. Thus a SUA awarded just a few weeks or days later could have an expiration date a full year longer.

Last year, at 70, 80, 90 and 100 nights I received an email asking me to choose a Milestone Reward of 10,000 Bonus Points or 1 SUA with 90 days “to choose your award”. If choosing a SUA, it makes sense to wait until after January 1st to make the selection for the 70, 80, 90 and 100 night milestones (and emails) accomplished after October 2nd.

I passed 70 nights a few weeks ago, never received an email. Called My Hyatt Concierge a week later, she insisted that I tell her my choice and she posted the SUA immediately. In thinking about 80, 90 and 100 nights, which I plan to accomplish after October 1st, I hope I’ll receive the email so I can wait (90 days if necessary) until after January 1st to make my selection.

Was my lacking the 70 night email a fluke or a new procedure for Hyatt? Does Hyatt still send these emails? Thank you.
I always choose the 10k points lol (4) TSU’s is always more than sufficient per year for us.

But I’d check your spam folder as many people have reported that email being sent there. Also as long as it’s within the 90 day range you can still have your MHC manually select TSU after January 1st.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
How long does it take tier nights to post from HRC (My sense was those took longer than regular Hyatt nights)? I’m assuming, though correct me if I’m wrong, that my brand explorer 5th prop (the HRC) won’t post until the tier nights do. Is it immediate? I’ve got a stay coming up next week that I’d like to use that explorer award for.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
How long does it take tier nights to post from HRC (My sense was those took longer than regular Hyatt nights)? I’m assuming, though correct me if I’m wrong, that my brand explorer 5th prop (the HRC) won’t post until the tier nights do. Is it immediate? I’ve got a stay coming up next week that I’d like to use that explorer award for.
Brand Explorer posts the same day as the stay.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Brand Explorer posts the same day as the stay.
Welk that was three weeks ago. The tier nights haven’t posted either. I’ll call.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Welk that was three weeks ago. The tier nights haven’t posted either. I’ll call.

You stayed at The Welk in San Diego? I don’t believe it belongs to a certain brand so you may not get a Brand Explorer Award…
Old Jul 20, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
How long for MGM stays to post? I had one at Park MGM 7/7 that still hasn't posted. One Hyatt rep said 7-15 days and the other one told me 30. I assume I'll never get this night credit.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
How long for MGM stays to post? I had one at Park MGM 7/7 that still hasn't posted. One Hyatt rep said 7-15 days and the other one told me 30. I assume I'll never get this night credit.
this is pretty much YMMV, mine always posted within 3 days. There are reports it has taken 2 weeks or so. Ensure your WoH# is on your folio b4 checkout, then there should be no issues. Els fill in the form on the website or contact MHC if you are a GLOB.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
My personal "record" is 9 days for an mLife stay to post to Hyatt.

There are various threads about the MGM/Hyatt partnership, and a recent one specifically about posting issues: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...-recently.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.