Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Motorskills
Hey gang, I am usually a Hilton Honors / IHG Rewards guy, have decent points in the bank with those guys. I don't have any experience with Hyatt, let alone any status.

I am looking to stay at a Hyatt for an upcoming convention, four nights including a Saturday, and am thinking FlyerTalk's Coupon Connection could be a great solution. But I don't really know what I should be asking for - just a straight points swap, or is there some kind of certificate/status that would make more sense? (For points, what would the HH or IHG conversions typically be?)

Thanks!
I would value HH points $0.004 per point and Hyatt points conservatively at $0.015 per point (though others may value them at $0.0175 or $0.02).
Motorskills likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Hyatt has a function whereby a top-level elite (aka "globalist") can gift a points redemption that confers all the same elite status perks to the recipient. This is called a Guest of Honor. What is the hotel you're looking to stay at? In some cases the GOH perks can be substantial.

As for a swap, I don't really know how that works but I'd definitely try to receive GOH since that isn't really any more of a lift for the globalist to complete.
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I would value HH points $0.004 per point and Hyatt points conservatively at $0.015 per point (though others may value them at $0.0175 or $0.02).
Thanks both! I was looking at attending a convention at the Hyatt Regency in Dallas, November 09 - 13th. I figure they will have a manageable convention room rate, but if I can get something on points, that's always a decent alternative. (Of course when there's a convention prices / points tend to get jacked up....)
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:36 am

I just got back from a stay at the Resort at Squaw Creek....had an awful time with the front desk staff. I was staying with a group of people and when our coordinator made the reservations, she was told I wasn't allowed to have 2 rooms in my name, only 1 room per name which I have never heard of. Anyways, fast forward to my question-If I have 2 rooms my name, paid w same card-do I only get the 4 qualifying nights for 1 room or should I have gotten 8 as a combo for both rooms? I seemed to know more than them when I was there, so I don't want to call and get upset over something I don't understand. However, I had to request 4 times for them to switch the name and add my glob #. At checkout somehow they had my glob # but still wrong name which they said they would fix..so wondering if that's the issue here or I should have only gotten 4 nights for the 1st room and not the 2nd.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chelsea1120
I just got back from a stay at the Resort at Squaw Creek....had an awful time with the front desk staff. I was staying with a group of people and when our coordinator made the reservations, she was told I wasn't allowed to have 2 rooms in my name, only 1 room per name which I have never heard of. Anyways, fast forward to my question-If I have 2 rooms my name, paid w same card-do I only get the 4 qualifying nights for 1 room or should I have gotten 8 as a combo for both rooms? I seemed to know more than them when I was there, so I don't want to call and get upset over something I don't understand. However, I had to request 4 times for them to switch the name and add my glob #. At checkout somehow they had my glob # but still wrong name which they said they would fix..so wondering if that's the issue here or I should have only gotten 4 nights for the 1st room and not the 2nd.
You'll get points for both rooms, EQN for one.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:46 pm

Hey all,

This seems like it's probably been answered elsewhere, but I've had a hard time searching for it. When booking revenue stays using an "Advance" rate (non-refundable payment for the entire stay is collected when booking), when will I receive the base points? Currently, our family is planning a stay at HR Maui later this year in which I'll be booking multiple rooms for a rather lengthy stay. The total base points I'll receive for all the rooms will be enough to get me to Globalist, and so obviously my preference would be to have Globalist for the entirety of the stay if possible. If the points are awarded at payment, I'd also like to use the TSU's awarded at 80k and 100k base points, but I'm not imagining that would be in issue in this case.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by m0nikr
Hey all,

This seems like it's probably been answered elsewhere, but I've had a hard time searching for it. When booking revenue stays using an "Advance" rate (non-refundable payment for the entire stay is collected when booking), when will I receive the base points? Currently, our family is planning a stay at HR Maui later this year in which I'll be booking multiple rooms for a rather lengthy stay. The total base points I'll receive for all the rooms will be enough to get me to Globalist, and so obviously my preference would be to have Globalist for the entirety of the stay if possible. If the points are awarded at payment, I'd also like to use the TSU's awarded at 80k and 100k base points, but I'm not imagining that would be in issue in this case.

Thanks in advance!
Points are awarded just the same as any other reservation, which is 1-2 days after checkout. Even though you’ve already paid you don’t earn anything until after you’ve stayed.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Hey all, …
Geez, 10 years, 7 posts, last post in 2014; you’ve gotta start spending less time here !

… our family … stay at HR Maui … multiple rooms for a rather lengthy stay…
​​​​​​​On your dime, sounds terrific, would you consider adopting a 60 something year old retired ER and Navy doctor ? (Happy to provide any necessary medical services so long as it’s limited to treatment of sunburn ​​​​​​​.)

In all seriousness, welcome back.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Anyone have experience booking a F+F rate as a globalist on a resort fee property? I have a friend that works at a Hyatt and he gave my girlfriend the F+F code (don't ask me for it)

I know the nights don't count towards status but the discount is too great to ignore ($500+ to $160 a night) but I'm curious as a globalist if my status will matter or not for Breakfast, resort fees, etc. or is since the rate is likely ilegible none of it applies.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:35 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SawBo
Anyone have experience booking a F+F rate as a globalist on a resort fee property? I have a friend that works at a Hyatt and he gave my girlfriend the F+F code (don't ask me for it)

I know the nights don't count towards status but the discount is too great to ignore ($500+ to $160 a night) but I'm curious as a globalist if my status will matter or not for Breakfast, resort fees, etc. or is since the rate is likely ilegible none of it applies.
Based on the T&Cs, I would not expect any Glob benes such as breakfast, club access, resort fee waiver, and the like. Here's some relevant statements in the T&Cs ...

"Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards (as defined in Appendix B), complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers (such as Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline.com, Tripadvisor.com, Inspirato.com, home-sharing sites, or any other third-party online/mobile travel portal or bookings made directly on Google.com and TripAdvisor Instant Book), traditional wholesale rates (examples include, without limitation, GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms."

"In-hotel Benefits are provided only where, for the applicable night, the elite Member (a) has paid an Eligible Rate or (b) has redeemed a Free Night Award, Room Upgrade Award, or Points + Cash Award. In the event that an elite Member is staying under an Ineligible Rate (other than as part of redeeming a Free Night Award), (s)he will not be provided any In-hotel Benefits for that stay."
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:42 pm

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Would you consider acquiring and paying for this reservation with the WOH card? That would absolutely be worth it and is a way you could earn something before the stay. You'll have to spend over $100k to get to Globalist but...I dont know you or your situation...current nights #, etc lol
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:49 pm

Question about getting around minimum stay requirements via booking then having CSR reducing. Does this still work? Specifically looking at Andaz San Diego. For some weird reason they have a 3 night minimum stay requirement on a random couple weekdays in November, but we only need 1-2 nights.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
When booking a room as globalist using the Healthcare thankyou code, has anyone been upgraded to best room available or suites?

Seeing some nice discounts this fall for some Asia properties this fall and I was considering using a TSU but unsure if that will be allowed on the given rate.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:45 pm

Can a Non-Globalist Gift a stay with both points and certificates or only Certificates?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:03 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Can a Non-Globalist Gift a stay with both points and certificates or only Certificates?
The T&Cs are pretty clear here. Both points and certificate nights are "Free Night Awards" and any Member can "gift" a Free Night Award
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by SawBo
When booking a room as globalist using the Healthcare thankyou code, has anyone been upgraded to best room available or suites?...
Yes, several times during the past year, all domestic. Including 2 nights at $99 each in a way-too-big (1280 square feet) VIP Suite at Hyatt Regency DFW recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.