Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:18 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Came across this today and didn‘t think it warrants an own thread, hence here..

Rates now include resort/destination fees.

Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've also experienced pricing showing inclusive of taxes+fees, but it was temporary. Website and app still show prices sans taxes+fees.
I posted about it here also, seem like they're testing it, but its been months so their rollout seems slow.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:57 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This is going to be somewhat of a stupid question, I'm sure, but I didn't see a definitive answer anywhere in this thread or the one on COVID points expiry extensions.

I don't stay at Hyatts very much due to their smaller global footprint. I was cleaning up some old e-mails this morning and noticed something from Hyatt last fall about my account. Turns out that my points all expired as of December 31, 2021. I know it's my fault for not keeping up with expiries and I could have bought some points or whatever to extend them, but still seems pretty crappy of them to do it given COVID.

It's not many points (~14K, and I was shocked I had that many!), so it's not the end of the world, but I'm curious whether there's any way to get them back, e.g. by writing in to customer service or doing a stay in the near term? I know their policy is quite clear in normal times, but curious whether anyone has found any flexibility as a result of the pandemic.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinjm
I've also experienced pricing showing inclusive of taxes+fees, but it was temporary. Website and app still show prices sans taxes+fees.
I posted about it here also, seem like they're testing it, but its been months so their rollout seems slow.
Some regions will mandate that rates shown include any additional fees.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Came across this today and didn‘t think it warrants an own thread, hence here..

Rates now include resort/destination fees.

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think it’s just to make it easier for non-Globalists so they don’t get sticker shock later on.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This is going to be somewhat of a stupid question, I'm sure, but I didn't see a definitive answer anywhere in this thread or the one on COVID points expiry extensions.

I don't stay at Hyatts very much due to their smaller global footprint. I was cleaning up some old e-mails this morning and noticed something from Hyatt last fall about my account. Turns out that my points all expired as of December 31, 2021. I know it's my fault for not keeping up with expiries and I could have bought some points or whatever to extend them, but still seems pretty crappy of them to do it given COVID.

It's not many points (~14K, and I was shocked I had that many!), so it's not the end of the world, but I'm curious whether there's any way to get them back, e.g. by writing in to customer service or doing a stay in the near term? I know their policy is quite clear in normal times, but curious whether anyone has found any flexibility as a result of the pandemic.
It is not likely they will extend them, particularly at this late date. It can't hurt to ask though.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:30 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

To be fair, Hyatt did suspend any points forfeitures for at least 14 months due to the pandemic and made an effort to notify those at risk of losing points in advance of 31 December..

A few months ago, a friend was able to get his points reinstated by calling WoH. He did have cash reservations, with non-refundable deposits paid, at the Cape Thompson and other reservations at various NYC properties when he called so that may have helped his case. I know it's only one data point but calling may be worth a try.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Is there a better and worse time to sign up for a Hyatt Credit Card? i.e. in December do they offer an extra 10k in points or something than they usually do, like AA did last year around Christmas on their flights which was actually a slightly better deal than their standard?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Is there a better and worse time to sign up for a Hyatt Credit Card? i.e. in December do they offer an extra 10k in points or something than they usually do, like AA did last year around Christmas on their flights which was actually a slightly better deal than their standard?
Based on past data August-September(ish) I would guess.
Carolina2Cali likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:33 pm

I had the same thing happen to me at Hilton about 5-6 years ago. HHonors reinstated my points for me, however they said I would need to complete a stay (an actual stay) in the next 2-3 months (can't remember the exact deadline). Which worked out cause I had a stay upcoming (which was the reason I even realized I lost the points)

Good luck to you!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by coleslaw
This should be mandatory in the US and Canada, just like it has been for airline tickets for ten years, grumblings from Spirit Airlines and the industry not withstanding
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Late to the SLH discussion but my experience was that each time I booked one, they have always given me the full breakfast, not a continental breakfast, and I have gotten the room upgrade and late checkout. I think most SLH wouldn't have the facilities in place to only offer a continental breakfast only and it's easier for them to have you just eat their usual food.
My first SLH stay as a Globalist and booked on Hyatt website. No room upgrade - received the room category booked. Breakfast was a special menu and was limited to one item from that menu and one drink. The items on the menu were typical breakfast choices. But you got no toast or pastries or fruit or yoghurt unless you chose that as your item or paid extra. Similarly with the beverages. Didn't need early check-in or late check-out, so no experience to report.

Checkout was June 2, 13 days ago. The stay has still not posted on WOH.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by seacarl
My first SLH stay as a Globalist and booked on Hyatt website. No room upgrade - received the room category booked. Breakfast was a special menu and was limited to one item from that menu and one drink. The items on the menu were typical breakfast choices. But you got no toast or pastries or fruit or yoghurt unless you chose that as your item or paid extra. Similarly with the beverages. Didn't need early check-in or late check-out, so no experience to report.

Checkout was June 2, 13 days ago. The stay has still not posted on WOH.
After 13 days, I would definitely contact MHC to deal with this, even though I'm guessing they might have less clout with SLH than the regular Hyatt properties as mine hasn't been with SLH. On the SLH subject, I haven't yet stayed at any, but was looking to hold some nights for next May or early June in Europe but none show any availability. Does anyone know how far in advance these become available to book? Perhaps these posts might be better suited in the SLH thread but any insight is helpful.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Hey gang, I am usually a Hilton Honors / IHG Rewards guy, have decent points in the bank with those guys. I don't have any experience with Hyatt, let alone any status.

I am looking to stay at a Hyatt for an upcoming convention, four nights including a Saturday, and am thinking FlyerTalk's Coupon Connection could be a great solution. But I don't really know what I should be asking for - just a straight points swap, or is there some kind of certificate/status that would make more sense? (For points, what would the HH or IHG conversions typically be?)

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Motorskills
But I don't really know what I should be asking for - just a straight points swap, or is there some kind of certificate/status that would make more sense? (For points, what would the HH or IHG conversions typically be?)
Hyatt has a function whereby a top-level elite (aka "globalist") can gift a points redemption that confers all the same elite status perks to the recipient. This is called a Guest of Honor. What is the hotel you're looking to stay at? In some cases the GOH perks can be substantial.

As for a swap, I don't really know how that works but I'd definitely try to receive GOH since that isn't really any more of a lift for the globalist to complete.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.