Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Good evening,

Having recently opened the Chase World of Hyatt credit card I see one of the benefits is Discoverist. My account on the app still shows "member". When, and how, does it updage to show my current level?

Thank you

CJ
Typically once you receive and activate your physical card.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Typically once you receive and activate your physical card.
Thanks. Sorry for the above deletion. Twitter had finally answered me but didn't get it deleted before your reply.

I appreciate the response.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:06 am

My Hyatt reservations show that the rooms have a "24-hour" cancellation deadline. 24-hours from when? How do I know the exact time until when I can cancel without penalty? Both Marriott & Hilton mention a specific date and time by which a booking may be cancelled free of charge. What should I assume is the time for Hyatt bookings?
Old May 23, 2022, 4:09 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by puchong
My Hyatt reservations show that the rooms have a "24-hour" cancellation deadline. 24-hours from when? How do I know the exact time until when I can cancel without penalty? Both Marriott & Hilton mention a specific date and time by which a booking may be cancelled free of charge. What should I assume is the time for Hyatt bookings?
24 hours prior to check-in time, which should also be mentioned in your reservation confirmation.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by puchong
Typically 3pm the day prior which is 24 hours prior to check in time.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:04 am

Is it possible to add a SUA to a Hyatt booking made via Amex fhr?
Old May 24, 2022, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Is it possible to add a SUA to a Hyatt booking made via Amex fhr?
yes
Old May 28, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Datapoint: Since it comes up every once in a while I’ll mention that I recently unsuccessfully tried (via my My Hyatt Concierge) to use a Cat 1-4 FNA (free night award) along with some additional points or $$$ at a Cat 6 property.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Datapoint: Since it comes up every once in a while I’ll mention that I recently unsuccessfully tried (via my My Hyatt Concierge) to use a Cat 1-4 FNA (free night award) along with some additional points or $$$ at a Cat 6 property.
Marriott just introduced this feature so I’m guessing it may be in the cards for the future.

Cat 4 + 5k points = Cat 5 seems fair
Cat 4 + 10k points = Cat 6 seems fair

Cat 7 + 10k points = Cat 8 seems fair as well

These would be the only viable scenarios.

Since the Category Certificates are not impacted by Peak or Off Peak pricing if this were introduced I’d expect it to be as I wrote above.

That’s what I’d expect, though I believe Hyatt values them differently as they’re Cat 1-4 and Cat 1-7. They’d value them at 10k and 20k points each which would be 66% of their value in Standard dates or much less in peak season.

Just my two cents.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 3:52 pm

Question about “gifting a certificate” -

If a non-Globalist wants to gift a Category 1-4 certificate to another person do they call in, gift it and it’s in the other person’s WOH account now or does the first person have to book a stay to gift it to them?
Old May 28, 2022, 4:00 pm
skj

Question about “gifting a certificate” -

If a non-Globalist wants to gift a Category 1-4 certificate to another person do they call in, gift it and it’s in the other person’s WOH account now or does the first person have to book a stay to gift it to them?
The T&CS are pretty clear ...

"The Award Reservation must be made by the Member who wishes to gift the award, but the reservation must be made in the name of the person who will actually use the award (i.e., the recipient of the gifted award)."
Old May 28, 2022, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by skj
The T&CS are pretty clear ...

"The Award Reservation must be made by the Member who wishes to gift the award, but the reservation must be made in the name of the person who will actually use the award (i.e., the recipient of the gifted award)."
I had never viewed the T&C on this subject as it’s not applicable to me being a Globalist, was just asking for a friend who has an expiring Cat 1-4. Thanks though.
Old May 28, 2022, 5:25 pm
skj

I had never viewed the T&C on this subject as it’s not applicable to me being a Globalist, was just asking for a friend who has an expiring Cat 1-4. Thanks though.
It is applicable if you ever want to book GoH ...
Old May 28, 2022, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by skj
It is applicable if you ever want to book GoH ...
GoH is self explanatory and has its own separate subsection. Hyatt describes this as “gifting an award” which could also be interpreted as being able to gift that award to another member having it in their WOH account which it is not.

For GOH it doesn’t say “gifting a Guest of Honor Award”. It says “Booking” or “Making” a Guest of Honor reservation or stay. Terminology is everything and “gifting an award” does have the implication of transference which is the purpose of the original question.
Old May 28, 2022, 6:48 pm
skj

GoH is self explanatory and has its own separate subsection. Hyatt describes this as “gifting an award” which could also be interpreted as being able to gift that award to another member having it in their WOH account which it is not.

For GOH it doesn’t say “gifting a Guest of Honor Award”. It says “Booking” or “Making” a Guest of Honor reservation or stay. Terminology is everything and “gifting an award” does have the implication of transference which is the purpose of the original question.
After this I'm done responding to you ... It's a waste of time explaining something to someone who doesn't bother to read.

Clause C.V.(i) is describes Guest of Honor. If you bother to read that clause, this sentence "Gifting of an award is subject to the limitations and restrictions set forth in the Gifting an Award section of these Terms." refers specifically to Clause B.II.13, titled Gifting an Award. There is no "interpretation" possible for this clause. B.II.13.A is the clause I quoted earlier.

A. The Award Reservation must be made by the Member who wishes to gift the award, but the reservation must be made in the name of the person who will actually use the award (i.e., the recipient of the gifted award).
beltway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.