Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
I posted this info in another thread here that's why I didn't want to double up.

Policy says:

Deposit Policy
Credit Card Deposit Required 1 NIGHT(S) DEPOSIT WILL BE CHARGED TO CREDIT CARD

Cancellation Policy
14days Prior/One Night Non-Refundable Deposit/Balance Due 14days Pr

I just sent a DM on Twitter also. I'm guessing I'll lose my 1 night deposit, abt $300, no matter when I cancel. Correct?
Yes, with this cancellation policy if you cancel then you’d be out the deposit.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, with this cancellation policy if you cancel then you’d be out the deposit.
Thanks. I'm hoping for a timeshare exchange to come through so I'll probably wait a couple more months before committing.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Sedona is a different case. That is a pure HRC.
Carmel Hyatt is a HRC and a Hyatt. But guests would get the Hyatt badge in my view.

Edit: found the thread post

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33603531-post678.html
Ah, thanks for the clarification..missed that and good to know.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Hi all,

New Globalist and a question about my benefits when booking multiple rooms. I called the Globalist Line to book two rooms at the Manchester Hyatt Regency in the UK. One room for me and wife, one for brother and partner. Used points, but wasn't sure the best strategy so my brother can enjoy my benefits. I asked about booking his room as guest of honor so he'd get Globalist benefits, but agent said with both rooms under my name that his room would get my benefits as well. He said if for some reason they don't go along with that I can call the Globalist Line and they would add it while I'm at the front desk. So, figured I'd check if I got accurate info, or what I should do with this situation. Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Jed33d
Hi all,

New Globalist and a question about my benefits when booking multiple rooms. I called the Globalist Line to book two rooms at the Manchester Hyatt Regency in the UK. One room for me and wife, one for brother and partner. Used points, but wasn't sure the best strategy so my brother can enjoy my benefits. I asked about booking his room as guest of honor so he'd get Globalist benefits, but agent said with both rooms under my name that his room would get my benefits as well. He said if for some reason they don't go along with that I can call the Globalist Line and they would add it while I'm at the front desk. So, figured I'd check if I got accurate info, or what I should do with this situation. Thanks!

I have had multiple stays with 3 rooms under my name and always received all benefits.
If you also pay for all rooms, you would get base points for both rooms, too. You may only get an upgrade to a standard suite for 1 room though, based on my recent experience. I have however used TSU for multiple rooms during the stay. Else breakfast, lounge access (if available), 4pm late checkout, etc is granted, too.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I have had multiple stays with 3 rooms under my name and always received all benefits.
If you also pay for all rooms, you would get base points for both rooms, too. You may only get an upgrade to a standard suite for 1 room though, based on my recent experience. I have however used TSU for multiple rooms during the stay. Else breakfast, lounge access (if available), 4pm late checkout, etc is granted, too.
To the best of knowlege, your second rooms do not get globalist benefits per WOH rules and policies, but most properties will grant it and be lenient. Just don't be shocked when a Japanese Hyatt makes a straight face and throws a hard no on you.
You can use your otherwise useless club access for them, at least.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
To the best of knowlege, your second rooms do not get globalist benefits per WOH rules and policies, but most properties will grant it and be lenient. Just don't be shocked when a Japanese Hyatt makes a straight face and throws a hard no on you.
You can use your otherwise useless club access for them, at least.

Thanks to you both. Should I just call Hyatt and ask to use my GOH benefits for my brother's room? Or do I need to call and cancel his reservation first and then rebook under his name with the GOH benefits? I'd really not like to have to hassle with it at the front desk and end up with them being stuck in the base room with no benefits. Would I be able to apply GOH benefits to the room at check in? Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:24 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Thanks to you both. Should I just call Hyatt and ask to use my GOH benefits for my brother's room? Or do I need to call and cancel his reservation first and then rebook under his name with the GOH benefits? I'd really not like to have to hassle with it at the front desk and end up with them being stuck in the base room with no benefits. Would I be able to apply GOH benefits to the room at check in? Thanks!
you can call and have the the res changed to a GoH. My Concierge has told me before I can do so, just book myself on points, then call to have it switched to a GoH.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
definitely do a goh
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:15 am

My concierge applied a suite upgrade to a reservation a few days ago, but when I check the upcoming reservations page, it still lists the basic room category. The "recent activity" tab shows that a suite upgrade has been redeemed. Is this normal and a quirk of the website or should I follow-up and make sure that the higher category room is in fact confirmed?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Soriak
My concierge applied a suite upgrade to a reservation a few days ago, but when I check the upcoming reservations page, it still lists the basic room category. The "recent activity" tab shows that a suite upgrade has been redeemed. Is this normal and a quirk of the website or should I follow-up and make sure that the higher category room is in fact confirmed?
It is normal under certain circumstances. The hotel must have upgraded you internally instead of in the system, for some reason. Did you use points for the booking? And is the suite that you were upgraded into normally bookable based on your party size? Eg, my last TSU did not reflect the suite upgrade in the reservation because our party of 2 adults and 2 kids was not allowed in the suite (though the hotel was making an exception for us)
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:21 pm

I am hesitant on booking any stays with Hyatt for my future trips in case Hyatt does any promotions in the near future. Would I be able to contact Hyatt if there was a promo to redeem any points/benefits for promos in the future if I had already booked?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Soriak
It happened to us in March (cash booking); the system was showing the original room type. Enjoy your stay!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Does the unofficial free-night award after staying at 50 different properties still exist?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gioventu
Does the unofficial free-night award after staying at 50 different properties still exist?
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this. Is it discussed somewhere on FT?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.