Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:39 pm

Weird question, but has anyone done a guest of honor award booking for another globalist?

Im a 60 night globalist and my spouse is a 30 night globalist. Trying to burn all these certs we have but trying to retain globalist for next year.

Doing a GOH booking will give the night credit to me giving me one less night I need for this year…
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Weird question, but has anyone done a guest of honor award booking for another globalist?

Im a 60 night globalist and my spouse is a 30 night globalist. Trying to burn all these certs we have but trying to retain globalist for next year.

Doing a GOH booking will give the night credit to me giving me one less night I need for this year…
I don't think it works that way: https://onemileatatime.com/guides/hyatt-guest-of-honor:
While World of Hyatt awards elite credits for award stays, Guest of Honor elite credits would go to the account of the person actually staying, rather than the World of Hyatt Globalist member who is making the booking
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm

Correct, basically I’m trying to put the “credit” for the nights under one account instead of splitting them over two accounts incase Hyatt doesn’t offer a fast track path to globalist.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

Correct, basically I’m trying to put the “credit” for the nights under one account instead of splitting them over two accounts incase Hyatt doesn’t offer a fast track path to globalist.
Yes, a Globalist may book a Guest of Honor stay for another Globalist.

We actually just did this on 4 separate stays due to the Q4 promo. I didn’t receive the targeted offer, but P2 did so I booked them 12 nights worth of GOH stays (we had already planned to stay anyways under my name we just switched them to GOH stays as they were at Cat 1 and Cat 2 properties).

It’s a good method to combine stays to at least maintain Globalist on one account if you’re not sure about hitting 60.

I think with the current climate (socially, and economically) along with what Marriott/Hilton (along with other major chains) have done in terms of status extensions and reduced qualifications thru 2023 that Hyatt will reduce requirements or run a double night promo, it’d be ludicrous not to do it.

Just my two cents.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:01 am

If I use a 3rd party gift certificate it's clear that I dont get WoH (base) points for the night, but what about the counter of nights, promotion points (bonus journeys) and status benefits?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spewdonk
If I use a 3rd party gift certificate it's clear that I dont get WoH (base) points for the night, but what about the counter of nights, promotion points (bonus journeys) and status benefits?
If it’s booked via a third party (with a small number of Exceptions) none of those benefits will apply.

What do you mean by a third party gift certificate?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:43 am

perfect, I appreciate this info, just what I was looking fit. You and I seem to be on the same page.

ive got 4 certs that will expire by end of April so, 4 nights is 4 nights! Tysm!

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, a Globalist may book a Guest of Honor stay for another Globalist.

We actually just did this on 4 separate stays due to the Q4 promo. I didn’t receive the targeted offer, but P2 did so I booked them 12 nights worth of GOH stays (we had already planned to stay anyways under my name we just switched them to GOH stays as they were at Cat 1 and Cat 2 properties).

It’s a good method to combine stays to at least maintain Globalist on one account if you’re not sure about hitting 60.

I think with the current climate (socially, and economically) along with what Marriott/Hilton (along with other major chains) have done in terms of status extensions and reduced qualifications thru 2023 that Hyatt will reduce requirements or run a double night promo, it’d be ludicrous not to do it.

Just my two cents.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Idea

Birthday Loyalty Points -

250 For Members

500 For Discoverists

750 For Explorists

1,000 For Globalists

It’s not a ton, but it’s a nice gesture and would make guests feel valued, especially now.
RedElmo likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

250 For Members

500 For Discoverists

750 For Explorists

1,000 For Globalists

It’s not a ton, but it’s a nice gesture and would make guests feel valued, especially now.
I can’t seem to find where to check that I have my birthday saved. Not in the app or on the mobile site. The phones won’t let me see the full desktop version.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I can’t seem to find where to check that I have my birthday saved. Not in the app or on the mobile site. The phones won’t let me see the full desktop version.
You should be able to request the desktop site on your phones browser.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:11 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Your birthday isn't saved as an item in your Profile. It may be captured as part of Hyatt's CRM system but that is not visible to customers.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Booking Suites Using Points

Trying to book a suite using points - specifically this coming summer at the Park Hyatt Aviara in Carlsbad.

Many suites are available in cash, and standard rooms are available in points, but I can't find suites available in points. Or the suite upgrade rates via points. I have looked at multiple dates.

Is the property simply playing games with points availability, am I doing something wrong, or something else?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to transition from Marriott to Hyatt and still have some things to learn, clearly.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Trying to book a suite using points - specifically this coming summer at the Park Hyatt Aviara in Carlsbad.

Many suites are available in cash, and standard rooms are available in points, but I can't find suites available in points. Or the suite upgrade rates via points. I have looked at multiple dates.

Is the property simply playing games with points availability, am I doing something wrong, or something else?

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to transition from Marriott to Hyatt and still have some things to learn, clearly.
I believe that standard rooms are the only ones specifically required to be available on points when available for cash. So hotels aren't required to offer the points upgrades or points booking.

That said, in the past these weren't bookable online and required a call/chat/social media to CS to make this happen. So I would definitely reach out and ask cause there's a decent chance CS can do it for you even if it's not showing online. I've done this a few times in the distant past prior to the suite points bookings becoming a thing online, and I've also done it once since they were introduced online, so I have at least one example of it being available when it wasn't showing online.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
250 For Members
500 For Discoverists
750 For Explorists
1,000 For Globalists
Agreed, good idea, every loyalty program should do it, perhaps 1,000 points for everyone. IHG did it for a year or 2 a couple of years ago. It’s a spit in the ocean from the program’s point of view, would engender some loyalty and feeling of value and would eliminate worry about expiring miles/points for those programs with time limited points/miles. (Of course since it’s a good idea we’ll probably never see it. )
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Agreed, good idea, every loyalty program should do it, perhaps 1,000 points for everyone. IHG did it for a year or 2 a couple of years ago. It’s a spit in the ocean from the program’s point of view, would engender some loyalty and feeling of value and would eliminate worry about expiring miles/points for those programs with time limited points/miles. (Of course since it’s a good idea we’ll probably never see it. )
Marriott did it too, 1000 points as birthday gift, then came Bonvoy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.