Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Has anyone had this issue when a stay posts?

(Stay was booked through official Hyatt channels it was an Award stay, but shows 0 Qualifying Nights)
I had that happen when I did a double booking (booked two rooms on the same night) so one of my reservations showed 0 qualifying nights, my other reservation showed qualifying nights
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:19 am

I did message and call both said they cant do anything until 3-4 days after, even though its posted to my WOH account.
Resolved?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:24 pm

Applying TSUs. Apologies in advance, I'm sure I've seen this explained before but I just can't find it now.

Should the TSU be showing as redeemed after it has been "applied" but prior to the actual stay? What about the reservation, should there be any indication of anything? I have applied a TSU to an upcoming reservation, per CS, however I still see my TSU as available and there's no change to the reservation. Something I need to follow up on?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
When do the 5 nights for having the personal Hyatt credit card post?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan
I just got my 13th statement and my 5 nights posted, so I assume it is the end of the month following your anniversary.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Based on the main WoH credit card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html

it seems most have had them posted already, but if you haven't, you aren't alone either.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by xooz
I just got my 13th statement and my 5 nights posted, so I assume it is the end of the month following your anniversary.
No need to assume, the T&C are posted: https://www.chase.com/personal/credi.../earn-maintain

"Receive 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year.2"

Clicking on the footnote link says (in part): "Every calendar year after your first year, you will receive 5 Tier-Qualifying Night credits within 8 weeks of January 1."
xooz and tobikosan like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:11 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Applying TSUs. Apologies in advance, I'm sure I've seen this explained before but I just can't find it now.

Should the TSU be showing as redeemed after it has been "applied" but prior to the actual stay? What about the reservation, should there be any indication of anything? I have applied a TSU to an upcoming reservation, per CS, however I still see my TSU as available and there's no change to the reservation. Something I need to follow up on?
you will see the TSU as redeemed in your Activity/History. If you booked paying cash, you will see the new room type in your reservation. You will receive 2 emails, 1 withe the room change with the regular suite room rate, then a 2nd email with the suite and the adjusted room rate.
If you booked with points, you will NOT see this in your reservation. The suite is internally blocked by the hotel.

depending on how you booked the original room, you may want to follow up with CS.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
you will see the TSU as redeemed in your Activity/History. If you booked paying cash, you will see the new room type in your reservation. You will receive 2 emails, 1 withe the room change with the regular suite room rate, then a 2nd email with the suite and the adjusted room rate.
If you booked with points, you will NOT see this in your reservation. The suite is internally blocked by the hotel.

depending on how you booked the original room, you may want to follow up with CS.
Ok thank you. It's a cash booking, supposedly was approved about 24 hours ago. I now see the TSU redeemed, but no emails for confirmation. I'll reach out in another day.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:51 am

Ok thank you. It's a cash booking, supposedly was approved about 24 hours ago. I now see the TSU redeemed, but no emails for confirmation. I'll reach out in another day.
Same with me. Emailed the hotel and got a confirmation.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Illinwu
Same with me. Emailed the hotel and got a confirmation.
If its a revenue stay then no need to reach out the new room type would show under the reservation, no confirmation email would be sent.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:22 pm

If its a revenue stay then no need to reach out the new room type would show under the reservation, no confirmation email would be sent.
It is a cash/revenue stay; the new room type is NOT reflected in the Stay Details. When room type is changed; is the rate also changed? Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Illinwu
It is a cash/revenue stay; the new room type is NOT reflected in the Stay Details. When room type is changed; is the rate also changed? Thanks.
So in the app itll show a rate change and the new room for 3-4 hours but after that itll go back to showing the original rate with the new suite allocated.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:18 am

So I reached out and they explained to me that I'm blocked into the suite internally. They could not change it in the reservation because the suite does not accommodate the size of my family (this is indeed correct, I had to get permission from the hotel to approve the suite for my young kids). So I guess my situation is an outlier and I will have no confirmation beyond the messages from Hyatt and the fact that my TSU is showing as redeemed.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 7:40 am

So in the app itll show a rate change and the new room for 3-4 hours but after that itll go back to showing the original rate with the new suite allocated.
Thank you. It is strange, it has been couple of weeks, the reservation still shows the original room type.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.