Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Hello all, quick question about stays when transferring points. Lets say I have plenty of Ultimate Rewards points (Chase) that I then transfer to my Hyatt account to book hotel stays. Do those stays count as qualifying nights or it is strictly those that cash purchases? Thanks!
Stay count whether they are paid with cash or points.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:46 am

Thanks Mary!

Second question (sorry I am new at this)....

I have a stay coming up in New Orleans where I need to book two rooms for two nights (currently booked at the Eliza Jane). Would I get qualifying nights for both rooms (total of four nights) or just for the one room (two nights)? If not, is it possible to check into two different properties and get the four nights that way (thinking Eliza Jane and Centric)?
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:53 am

Thanks Mary!

I have a stay coming up in New Orleans where I need to book two rooms for two nights (currently booked at the Eliza Jane). Would I get qualifying nights for both rooms (total of four nights) or just for the one room (two nights)? If not, is it possible to check into two different properties and get the four nights that way (thinking Eliza Jane and Centric)?
If you checkout of any two hotels, different or same on the same date you only get credit for one stay, some people have been successful getting credit for overlapping stays with different checkout dates but it's against their terms (not that you would be penalized but you are not owed the credit for the nights on the second stay)
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:22 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Dupe - delete
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:22 pm
formerly a193991

Thanks Mary!

program rules are that you only get night credit for 1 room. You get base points however for 3 rooms, when you stay in 1 room and other rooms are in your name and paid by you.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is there somewhere outside of FlyerTalk where I can give away some Hyatt Club access awards? I don't live in the US so I'm not familiar with what might be out there.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:11 am

We are traveling with another couple. I have booked an upgraded room for my wife and I at Gild Hall, but wonder if I can also book a room with certs in my name for our traveling partners. I know you cannot use certs for others, but since I will be there I wonder if I could make use of the certs by having 2 concurrent reservations.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by xooz
We are traveling with another couple. I have booked an upgraded room for my wife and I at Gild Hall, but wonder if I can also book a room with certs in my name for our traveling partners. I know you cannot use certs for others, but since I will be there I wonder if I could make use of the certs by having 2 concurrent reservations.
Yes, you can book two rooms in your name, the second room is not guaranteed to get your elite benefits. Also, you actually can use the certificates and book them in someone else's name by calling the Hyatt call center (there's a popular misconception that this can't be done unless you're a globalist).
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Yes, you can book two rooms in your name, the second room is not guaranteed to get your elite benefits. Also, you actually can use the certificates and book them in someone else's name by calling the Hyatt call center (there's a popular misconception that this can't be done unless you're a globalist).
Thanks! I am a Globalist, but read somewhere that using a cert in another person's name was not allowed. I will proceed and give it a go.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:58 am

Thanks! I am a Globalist, but read somewhere that using a cert in another person's name was not allowed. I will proceed and give it a go.
Yea I'm a globalist and my wife isn't so I call them up and book her certificates into my name for the benefits . Anyone can do it though
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Yea I'm a globalist and my wife isn't so I call them up and book her certificates into my name for the benefits . Anyone can do it though
To be clearer, the certs have been accrued by me. I want to use my cert for a friend that will be travelling with me. Previously, I thought you could not use your own cert for anyone other than yourself.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:18 am

To be clearer, the certs have been accrued by me. I want to use my cert for a friend that will be travelling with me. Previously, I thought you could not use your own cert for anyone other than yourself.
I understand, you can use your certificates for anyone else. Anyone can use their certificates for anyone they want to. You just call the Global Call center (or in your case just email your Concierge) and book into whatever name you want. I recently used 3, one from a credit card, one from hit 30 nights and I really can't remember where the 3rd one came from for my wife's friend in August. My wife had 3 certificates accrued by herself through the credit card and I called up and booked it directly into my name.
I did this because she was going to use her certificates for her friend and we both had 3, I said no let me guest of honor my 3 certificates so she gets free valet, also I don't want to stay under your name because I want the globalist benefits so lets use yours in my name LOL.
. Almost nobody really knew about it (some did, I did not) until this article was posted in February: https://frequentmiler.com/bet-you-di...-someone-else/

EDIT: You may need to use the terms "I want to gift my certificates"
xooz and synergistic like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:04 pm

And... to drag this out... I would have 2 rooms, one booked with certs and a suite booked with cash plus an extra 6K points (an "LP" Suite Upgrade), Would I get free parking with the cert based reservation? The benefits description says free parking on "free nights", so I would assume I should get free parking with the cert reservation room?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:10 pm

And... to drag this out... I would have 2 rooms, one booked with certs and a suite booked with cash plus an extra 6K points (an "LP" Suite Upgrade), Would I get free parking with the cert based reservation? The benefits description says free parking on "free nights", so I would assume I should get free parking with the cert reservation room?
My understanding is your benefits are not extended to a second room, so I really don't know which room they would consider to be your first room for breakfast and parking. I know some hotels will honor your benefits for both rooms but it's not a guarantee. I really think using guest honor for the certificate would be the ideal thing.
xooz and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:33 pm
formerly a193991

I have never had issues with benefits extended to 3 rooms. A 3-week vacation and a 2 week vacation, each a roadtrip in multiple Hyatts. Plus a couple of single nighters.

this included free parking for 2 cars, Club access or free breakfast for 6 people, and more. Only a 4pm checkout at a resort (where no late checkout is guaranteed) was granted but for just 1 room.

GoH is certainly a good option and is more guaranteed, but mind that you get base points for up to 3 rooms as well. Incidentials on the GoH folio would not give you points.
xooz likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.