Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old May 9, 2021, 3:53 pm

Hi, all, I did a quick forum search but did not find an answer to this question:
When cancelling a single night reservation made with a Chase WoH FNA, am I required to call in to get the FNA certificate redeposited in the account? The reservation page indicates that any modifications have to be done by phone but there is a link just to cancel it. I’m more familiar with Marriott’s reservation system, which allows a reservation to be changed online from a cert to points and the cert is (usually) redeposited automatically, or canceling the res and then having to call to have them redeposit the cert.
Old May 9, 2021, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyoverEasy
Hi, all, I did a quick forum search but did not find an answer to this question:
When cancelling a single night reservation made with a Chase WoH FNA, am I required to call in to get the FNA certificate redeposited in the account? The reservation page indicates that any modifications have to be done by phone but there is a link just to cancel it. I’m more familiar with Marriott’s reservation system, which allows a reservation to be changed online from a cert to points and the cert is (usually) redeposited automatically, or canceling the res and then having to call to have them redeposit the cert.
Should just go back to your account after a self-cancel...Hyatt IT generally works well, unlike the never-ending Marriott IT dumpster fire
synergistic likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has Hyatt announced a new extension on point expiration yet? The last one was to June 30 2021. I could not even find an official announcement of such.
Old May 12, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
Has Hyatt announced a new extension on point expiration yet? The last one was to June 30 2021. I could not even find an official announcement of such.
No changes made as of yet. Best recommendation is to purchase the minimum amount of points to keep old ones from expiring.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I am a newbie to WoH globalist program. Thanks in advance!

Three questions:
1. If I use my free night certificate to book a room, am I still eligible for free suite upgrade (if available)?

2. Would the chance of being upgraded to a suite be affected by whether I book 2-double beds or 1 king bed room? (2 adults + 1 child), would like to have two beds if possible, but i worry they won't upgrade me if i book 2 double-bed room.

3. Would the chance of being upgraded be affected if I choose "early arrival" (at the time of booking).
Old May 13, 2021, 7:40 am
Suspended

1. yes

2. I guess it will depend on the property. But I imagine this might reduce the probability of getting a suite in some cases.

3. Yes. If occupancy is high, the hotel might not upgrade someone until a suite until later (if they think they might still be able to find someone who pays for the suite).
Old May 13, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: CO Gold
Thanks!

Originally Posted by 8mh
1. yes

2. I guess it will depend on the property. But I imagine this might reduce the probability of getting a suite in some cases.

3. Yes. If occupancy is high, the hotel might not upgrade someone until a suite until later (if they think they might still be able to find someone who pays for the suite).
Old May 13, 2021, 11:20 pm

I need 1 more night to become an explorist. Booking a block of rooms in July (for a family trip) so I’m wondering if I should do a mattress run, or is it not worth it?

My room block will be 3 doubles in July where I’m hoping I’d get upgraded rooms. If I did the mattress run I’d book a room for my sister and I where she lives and have her just check in with her husband and stay the night. Her city also has a Hyatt house which would get me one away from the timeless portfolio free night. Good idea?
Old May 13, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Atreyu21
I need 1 more night to become an explorist. Booking a block of rooms in July (for a family trip) so I’m wondering if I should do a mattress run, or is it not worth it?

My room block will be 3 doubles in July where I’m hoping I’d get upgraded rooms. If I did the mattress run I’d book a room for my sister and I where she lives and have her just check in with her husband and stay the night. Her city also has a Hyatt house which would get me one away from the timeless portfolio free night. Good idea?
Yeah, I mean if you’re one night away why not?
Old May 14, 2021, 4:15 am

I'm not clear on whether you can book in your name with a noted additional guest, and still get the credit if only the additional guest checks in but not the account holder. If this works, I'd be thrilled, but it's not supposed to work that way so I don't think you can count on it.

Also, I don't know if you'll find the explorist upgrades to be anything to write home about. You're unlikely to get ground floor dumpster view, but you're also unlikely to get more than a higher floor or maybe deluxe rooms. ​​​​​
Old May 14, 2021, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by synergistic
I'm not clear on whether you can book in your name with a noted additional guest, and still get the credit if only the additional guest checks in but not the account holder. If this works, I'd be thrilled, but it's not supposed to work that way so I don't think you can count on it.

Also, I don't know if you'll find the explorist upgrades to be anything to write home about. You're unlikely to get ground floor dumpster view, but you're also unlikely to get more than a higher floor or maybe deluxe rooms. ​​​​​
Just so I'm clear on Gloablist run, I need 16 nights. So I would book 16 nights at a CAT 1 hotel, which is $82/night for me. I'm paying $1300 to achieve the status?
Old May 14, 2021, 8:30 am

Just so I'm clear on Gloablist run, I need 16 nights. So I would book 16 nights at a CAT 1 hotel, which is $82/night for me. I'm paying $1300 to achieve the status?
If you currently have 14 nights already then yes you need 16 more. You don't get any of the milestone rewards like suite upgrade awards or my hyatt concierge though by getting Globalist at 30 nights.
Old May 14, 2021, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
If you currently have 14 nights already then yes you need 16 more. You don't get any of the milestone rewards like suite upgrade awards or my hyatt concierge though by getting Globalist at 30 nights.
What would you suggest is my best course of action? Just get to Explorist and hope for a category upgrade instead of dumping the cash for globalist?
Old May 14, 2021, 8:33 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
As a Glob, you're only assured of getting benefits for 1 room. That will likely include an "upgraded" room, but the room can simply be a "high floor" or "view" room. Before spending $1300 (or more with taxes and fees ?) for status, have you looked at what it would cost to pay for the rooms you really want and not gamble on an upgrade ?
Old May 14, 2021, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by skj
As a Glob, you're only assured of getting benefits for 1 room. That will likely include an "upgraded" room, but the room can simply be a "high floor" or "view" room. Before spending $1300 (or more with taxes and fees ?) for status, have you looked at what it would cost to pay for the rooms you really want and not gamble on an upgrade ?
A normal room is $284. I can get the suite I want for $509. I think I'll just spend the extra $229 and not gamble on upgrades.
skj and joachimm like this.

Last edited by Atreyu21; May 14, 2021 at 9:03 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.