Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:42 pm

We are considering the Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal in Paris, which is a SLH. The Hyatt web site does not list the top suites that are available on the hotel's web site. (Palais Royale and Panoramic), at least not for any dates I've looked. The hotel web site booking page does not have a place to add my Hyatt number. Does that mean that I wouldn't get Hyatt stay credit (or benefits) that I'd otherwise get at a SLH if I book one of these suites?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:01 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by richarddd
We are considering the Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal in Paris, which is a SLH. The Hyatt web site does not list the top suites that are available on the hotel's web site. (Palais Royale and Panoramic), at least not for any dates I've looked. The hotel web site booking page does not have a place to add my Hyatt number. Does that mean that I wouldn't get Hyatt stay credit (or benefits) that I'd otherwise get at a SLH if I book one of these suites?
For SLH hotels, you only get credit (EQN and points) if booked on hyatt.com. Rates will normally also be higher anywhere up to 30%.
different for MGM hotels, where you can book via m-life/MGM.

mind there is a subforum for SLH, too.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...otels-slh-772/

a master thread exists on the partnership.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...er-thread.html
Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
For SLH hotels, you only get credit (EQN and points) if booked on hyatt.com. Rates will normally also be higher anywhere up to 30%.
different for MGM hotels, where you can book via m-life/MGM.

mind there is a subforum for SLH, too.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smal...otels-slh-772/
What seems odd is that Hyatt T&Cs refer to participating properties, which this clearly is, but this hotel has a few rooms not listed on the Hyatt site. That's what prompted my question. Terms & Conditions | Small Luxury Hotels | Hyatt Loyalty Program | World of Hyatt

"These SLH Terms shall only apply to Participating SLH Properties. The term “Participating SLH Properties” shall refer to any hotel or resort that is affiliated with SLH and that can be booked directly with Hyatt through Hyatt’s website, mobile app, or call centers "

Rates have been the same for listed rooms for all of the dates I saw.

FWIW, the SLH subforum is rather inactive which is why I posted here.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Is anyone a little uncomfortable with how Hyatt applies TSU’s to points reservations?

I have 3 used for stays in October and November but since they are points stays nothing changes on the reservation. No change confirmation email received just basically trusting that the suite is blocked on the hotel’s end.

Last edited by Matt4200; Apr 16, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Is anyone a little uncomfortable with how Hyatt applies TSU’s to points reservations?

I have 3 used for stays in October and November but since they are points stays nothing changes on the reservation. No change confirmation email received just basically trusting that the suite is blocked on the hotel’s end.
its an IT problem. Been that way forever. I have never had a problem with 20+ reservations. You will be ok.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:35 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by richarddd
What seems odd is that Hyatt T&Cs refer to participating properties, which this clearly is, but this hotel has a few rooms not listed on the Hyatt site. That's what prompted my question. Terms & Conditions | Small Luxury Hotels | Hyatt Loyalty Program | World of Hyatt

"These SLH Terms shall only apply to Participating SLH Properties. The term “Participating SLH Properties” shall refer to any hotel or resort that is affiliated with SLH and that can be booked directly with Hyatt through Hyatt’s website, mobile app, or call centers "

Rates have been the same for listed rooms for all of the dates I saw.

FWIW, the SLH subforum is rather inactive which is why I posted here.
could well be they do not sell all room types.

agree, subforum is a bit quiet. could be that according to me the partnership is not overwhelmingly great. prices usually higher and no tier benefits exvept breakfast for all and 1 category room upgrade.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
its an IT problem. Been that way forever. I have never had a problem with 20+ reservations. You will be ok.
I appreciate the vote of confidence. Just nervous because in the past I’ve at least seen the reservations noted somewhere (usually in the cancellation wording) “Suite upgrade confirmed”, but these have no differentiation, and now the hotel after applying the TSU is completely sold out of all rooms & suites.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:51 pm

Points earning rate while status changed during the stay

Currently I have no status but I have a 21-night stay next month. I was wondering how the points get calculated after the stay. Since I would get Explorist status after 15 nights, will I get the 20% bonus points for the entire 21 nights? Or just the 6 nights? Or no bonus points at all? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iemadv
Currently I have no status but I have a 21-night stay next month. I was wondering how the points get calculated after the stay. Since I would get Explorist status after 15 nights, will I get the 20% bonus points for the entire 21 nights? Or just the 6 nights? Or no bonus points at all? Thanks!
I don’t think you’ll get any bonus since the nights post after the stay in one entry which then triggers your higher status. Happy to be corrected on this, but I would assume you won’t get a bonus.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I don’t think you’ll get any bonus since the nights post after the stay in one entry which then triggers your higher status. Happy to be corrected on this, but I would assume you won’t get a bonus.
+1

Since no status is held at checkout no bonus earned.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:21 am

I have a timeshare through RCI that I don't want to visit this year. If I trade it for a Hyatt property (my original timeshare is not a Hyatt), would I be able to receive elite night credits?
I see that the Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa may be available through RCI so if I can get a few nights towards globalist, I may want to visit Napa.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:50 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by randomasian
I have a timeshare through RCI that I don't want to visit this year. If I trade it for a Hyatt property (my original timeshare is not a Hyatt), would I be able to receive elite night credits?
You need to pay an "Eligible Rate" to earn points and qualifying nights. A timeshare exchange is not such a rate.

I see that the Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa may be available through RCI so if I can get a few nights towards globalist, I may want to visit Napa.
I don't know if the HR Sonoma is available through an exchange or not, but you would not earn qualifying nights for a stay arranged in this way. Also note this property is fine for exploring the Sonoma County wine region but it's not particularly convenient for a visit to Napa.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:30 pm

How useful the is the Hyatt Concierge? Do they do anything special for any room bookings?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
How useful the is the Hyatt Concierge? Do they do anything special for any room bookings?
they can be useful as escalation points and they can help with admin things, such as following up on incorrect charges after checkout, etc.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Originally Posted by coleslaw
they can be useful as escalation points and they can help with admin things, such as following up on incorrect charges after checkout, etc.
Its very dependent on the property and the Concierge. Some go above and beyond such as notifying the property ahead of your stay that it’s a Globalist Stay and/or a special occasion (wedding, anniversary, birthday). While some do just the bare minimum and respond to your emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.