Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CoffeeTraveler
Also be sure to read up on this. I believe it is more of a combining points than a transfer. You have to email in a form for the combination, then call Hyatt to make the booking with the combined points. I don't believe simple transfers from one Hyatt account to another Hyatt account are allowed.

You do need to email (or mail) the form, but once the points are transferred they're not treated any differently to the "other" points in the account of the person receiving the transferred points. They can be used as normal (you can make booking using the points from your Hyatt app, on Hyatt.com, call center, concierge, etc).

As mentioned, there is the restriction around only allowing 1 transfer every 30 days. That's probably not an issue for most people who aren't up to no good .

Last edited by coleslaw; Jan 5, 2021 at 11:44 am
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
You do need to email (or mail) the form, but once the points are transferred they're not treated any differently to the "other" points in the account of the person receiving the transferred points. They can be used as normal (you can make booking using the points from your Hyatt app, on Hyatt.com, call center, concierge, etc).
Good to know. I had interpreted the form as required a booking to be made over the phone for it to be processed.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Thank you, CoffeeTraveler!

---

Another issue... I've booked the brand-new HR ZRH for February. Currently, there's an opening offer (reduced rate, free room upgrade...). Also, there's a separate 500 bonus points per night offer until good for stays completed by the end of January '21. I strongly suspect the 500 bonus points offer will be extended. After all, the HR ZRH's opening has been delayed to February 1. The bonus-point offer is kind of pointless without the property being open

Question: Assuming the 500 bonus points offer will be extended through February, would I still be eligible for the bonus despite having booking before it being announced? Or do I really need to book a Hyatt rate which states somewhere in the description "500 extra Hyatt points per night?"
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
Question: Assuming the 500 bonus points offer will be extended through February, would I still be eligible for the bonus despite having booking before it being announced? Or do I really need to book a Hyatt rate which states somewhere in the description "500 extra Hyatt points per night?"
Annonucing date is irrelevant, check-out date counts. There would not be any "500 extra Hyatt points per night" description, this is a "new hotel bonus".
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Bonus Code BK meaning?

Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:57 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Bonus Code BK meaning?
500 pts in lieu of breakfast
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Your wife can transfer the points from her UR account to her Hyatt account. You can then do a transfer from her Hyatt account to your Hyatt account.

You can only do one Hyatt to Hyatt transfer every 30 days so keep that in mind.
Chase personal cardholders residing at the same address can also transfer URs to one another. Either can be any UR-earning card as far as I know.

Hyatt to Hyatt transfer is a bit of a pain.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
500 pts in lieu of breakfast
Ah, thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:36 pm

[snip]
CoffeeTraveler likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Yesterday at 3:09 pm Reason: joel
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Annonucing date is irrelevant, check-out date counts.
Thank you!
Old Jan 7, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
LMK if this should only be asked in MATTRESS RUN FORUM, if you book two rooms do you get double EQ stays? What if in different hotels? I think I know answer but would like to be surprised. Thx
Old Jan 7, 2021, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tobikosan
LMK if this should only be asked in MATTRESS RUN FORUM, if you book two rooms do you get double EQ stays? What if in different hotels? I think I know answer but would like to be surprised. Thx
No.

Maybe but runs afoul of the T&Cs - probably not smart.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
No.

Maybe but runs afoul of the T&Cs - probably not smart.
Weirdly my super wealthy clients do it here (Kauai) a lot. The have a room on south shore and room on north shore. Though not for status
Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:37 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tobikosan
Weirdly my super wealthy clients do it here (Kauai) a lot. The have a room on south shore and room on north shore. Though not for status
There's no Hyatt property on Kauai's north shore ...
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by skj
There's no Hyatt property on Kauai's north shore ...
No there is not. I lived here for 20 years now. What I meant was there were legit reasons to rent more than one hotel room at a time. So in my actual scenario I was considering renting an upscale Las Vegas Delano and 2 hours away a st george cat 1 near skiiing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.