Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Open the Hyatt app on your phone, pull up the contact tab and call the globalist line and complain.
Not an option. As I live in the Middle East I'm not going to phone call a US phone number and spend hundreds of $$ on a phone call. Is there an e-mail address for us Globalists instead?

I shall wait and see if I get contacted by a Concierge member.....
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Not an option. As I live in the Middle East I'm not going to phone call a US phone number and spend hundreds of $$ on a phone call. Is there an e-mail address for us Globalists instead?

I shall wait and see if I get contacted by a Concierge member.....
Are you sure that there is no US toll free number to call for free through Skype? Try +18002331234 Other option is send a message through the app where is a Twitter and Messenger options.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Are you sure that there is no US toll free number to call for free through Skype? Try +18002331234 Other option is send a message through the app where is a Twitter and Messenger options.
I am not sure if toll-free numbers include international phone calls or not, but I will consider it (along with Skype.) Also, I do not know how to use Twitter but will definitely get some help soon

Thank you (and every one else) for your suggestion & feedback.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by aceboy44
I am not sure if toll-free numbers include international phone calls or not, but I will consider it (along with Skype.) Also, I do not know how to use Twitter but will definitely get some help soon

Thank you (and every one else) for your suggestion & feedback.
Just download Skype and dial the number.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:19 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
You can transfer a TSU as a gift, purchases are prohibited
Wrong ... from the T&Cs ...

13. Gifting an Award. Members may request that certain awards be issued to another person. Free Night Awards, certain Room Upgrade Awards, and Points + Cash Awards are currently eligible to be gifted to another person, as permitted under this provision. Club Lounge Access Awards (defined below), Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards (defined below), and non-stay awards (such as Dining, Spa and More Awards) are currently not eligible for gifting.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Lol what????

The standard time to get a concierge is at minimum a week. Many have reported on FT that it’s been over a month and they haven’t gotten one yet...
Guess I have a good one then lol because he contacted me less than 48 hours after my stay posted.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Guess I have a good one then lol because he contacted me less than 48 hours after my stay posted.

And that was in the last year? That’s crazy as I and many others who made Globalist for the first time last year definitely didn’t receive one right away.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:33 pm

And that was in the last year? That’s crazy as I and many others who made Globalist for the first time last year definitely didn’t receive one right away.
5 calendar days, including one day that was a holiday.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tearex
5 calendar days, including one day that was a holiday.
But you gained Globalist status for the first time in 2019?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:01 pm

But you gained Globalist status for the first time in 2019?
"Full" globalist, yes. "Lite" in 2018.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tearex
"Full" globalist, yes. "Lite" in 2018.
How did you get "Lite"?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
How did you get "Lite"?
Company fast track.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I have never done a mattress run in my life. I'm thinking of doing this if the price is right. I know I have to check-in in person. However, if I were to book a 30 day stay or something like that, won't the hotel check on me? Let's say they do that on the 14th day and there's no evidence of me in the room, can they cancel my stay?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I have never done a mattress run in my life. I'm thinking of doing this if the price is right. I know I have to check-in in person. However, if I were to book a 30 day stay or something like that, won't the hotel check on me? Let's say they do that on the 14th day and there's no evidence of me in the room, can they cancel my stay?
Most hotels will check way before that. And generally they will cancel your stay if you have not been around.

Why not talk to the manager and just be straightforward about it?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
How do you have 30 days of hotel to just waste? At $100 that’s $3000! To buy status?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.