Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by escape4
I am considering a 1-night stay at a Hyatt House hotel for the first time, mostly to get the brand ticked off my list to reach the free night award.

What is the breakfast there? Is it offered to all guests as part of the room rate? Therefore no Globalist benefits (besides bonus points) and consequently guest of honor benefits are not applicable either? Even without any benefit I think I should stay at least once at this brand for the free night award so the lack of benefits won't stop me, but I am just curious and need some educating.
In the US, it's a very simple buffet (powdered eggs, sausage or bacon, pancakes, etc) with a made-to-order omelette station. Free for all guests.
escape4 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
I am considering a 1-night stay at a Hyatt House hotel for the first time, mostly to get the brand ticked off my list to reach the free night award.

What is the breakfast there? Is it offered to all guests as part of the room rate? Therefore no Globalist benefits (besides bonus points) and consequently guest of honor benefits are not applicable either? Even without any benefit I think I should stay at least once at this brand for the free night award so the lack of benefits won't stop me, but I am just curious and need some educating.
I was trying to find it at Hyatt.com, but cannot for some reason. I seem to recall that officially you have to book through Hyatt for this. It certainly appears to be that way for Hyatt Place.

I have stayed numerous times at HH, and never once has anyone requested that I prove that I booked through Hyatt.com or even was staying there.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I was trying to find it at Hyatt.com, but cannot for some reason. I seem to recall that officially you have to book through Hyatt for this. It certainly appears to be that way for Hyatt Place.

I have stayed numerous times at HH, and never once has anyone requested that I prove that I booked through Hyatt.com or even was staying there.
That’s a Hyatt Place policy, not Hyatt House
Old Jul 7, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA
Is it considered an 'Eligible Rate' for the purposes of point earning, etc if you simply walk into a hotel without a reservation and ask for a room? Regardless of whether or not you provide your WoH number at check-in. Not sure what rate this would be.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by wiivile
Is it considered an 'Eligible Rate' for the purposes of point earning, etc if you simply walk into a hotel without a reservation and ask for a room? Regardless of whether or not you provide your WoH number at check-in. Not sure what rate this would be.
I would think so, but of course you have to give your WoH number to get points. That said, I use the phone app even for last minute reservations, as the member rate (or other rate like AAA) is certainly going to be cheaper than the walk up rate (unless you negotiate). It'll show up in their system basically instantaneously.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm aware that you can only apply a suite upgrade certificate to a stay of a maximum of seven nights. However, if the eligible suite is available at check-in for a stay of longer than seven nights, there's nothing precluding a top tier receiving it, is that correct?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That is correct. I have been allowed to "stay" in my suite for a few extra nights without having to use a second certificate. But it's entirely up to the hotel. I would contact the VIP or front desk manager to see if they can do something for you. Your concierge may also be able to help.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I stay at Hyatt properties pretty much every week (defected from Marriott/SPG) but I am relatively new to the program. Recently I was greeted with "Thanks for being a Hyatt 50". I've never heard of this terminology and can't find anything online about it. I don't have 50 nights yet so I am not sure what they are referring to. Any ideas?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I stay at Hyatt properties pretty much every week (defected from Marriott/SPG) but I am relatively new to the program. Recently I was greeted with "Thanks for being a Hyatt 50". I've never heard of this terminology and can't find anything online about it. I don't have 50 nights yet so I am not sure what they are referring to. Any ideas?
The property’s top 50 guest.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Reservations upgraded w/ a TSU - so is there no way to see your upgraded room type online/in the app?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Reservations upgraded w/ a TSU - so is there no way to see your upgraded room type online/in the app?
Not in my experience, no. I don't remember this being an issue under Gold Passport.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 11:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Originally Posted by danger
Not in my experience, no. I don't remember this being an issue under Gold Passport.
sure, my 2 current reservations with TSU show the suite on the app.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The My Hyatt Concierge who confirms my TSUs always says in the email "The suite is allocated at hotel direct and will not show on the automated email or membership profile."
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:02 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by danger
The My Hyatt Concierge who confirms my TSUs always says in the email "The suite is allocated at hotel direct and will not show on the automated email or membership profile."
All my reservations always show the suite. on email updates, web and app.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jul 14, 2019 at 6:34 am
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
It depends on the reservation type. Typically cash stays will show the new room type
​​​​​​. Points bookings won't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.