Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Payment Card Incident Investigation Complete

Payment Card Incident Investigation Complete

Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Unathorized charge a couple days ago on my Hyatt CC from a Hyatt in California where I've stayed before, but not for two months. Called the property and got the runaround for a couple hours until I called the Diamond line, who promptly got someone on the phone. (As an aside, I've found that any silence or intransigency on the part of an individual property is very quickly rectified by going to the corporate Diamond line).

Nobody at the property seemed to have any freakin' clue why there was a $400+ charge on my card from a property I checked out of 2 months ago. My only recourse was to file a fraud alert with Chase and get a new Hyatt card.

I'm guessing more fallout from the data breach, maybe?
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Thumbs down

Good luck.... they will even not post 1 point as a compensation.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
I think you should change the title of this topic. What i can tell you regarding the calls i had with their advisor who manage the claims (hyatt does not deal directly with people who suffer from CC fraud because of them, not enough glamorous for them i guess). They are not very confortable with this problem, not sure everything is solved and safe... investigation is closed but does actions has been taken and our personnal data are safe? This is another question... if the concierge could answer, should be very nice. The famous concierge is in fact very silent on this thread he created...
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
2 weeks ago my credit card company contacted me, they would be reissuing my credit card because it had been used at a company that had a data breach. That company was Hyatt.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
If I didn't believe class-actions suits were a scam, I'd be tempted to start one against Hyatt.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:44 pm
Suspended

I cancelled my CSID. Came to realize that it did absolutely nothing. Yet every time I logged in "everything is fine...."

My advice - don't sign up for the free CSID. It's pure bull, IMHO.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by frenchft
Good luck.... they will even not post 1 point as a compensation.
That said, it's worth noting that the breaches were perpetrated by criminals.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Where is the free credit monitoring from Equifax and Transunion ? And not for US people, Canadians too ! Give us the free credit monitoring !
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Chase contacted me last week about suspicious charge attempts on my Hyatt cc. I didn't make them and the card was promptly shut down and replaced.

This card is only used at Hyatt properties. Not to say this is the source of the trouble but most recent stay/cc use was in Montreal.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
It's what i was saying, useless and totally a shame that Hyatt does not take it responsibilities and protect itself by answering : "we did it right, we got this tool". ........ if you ask me.

If anyone has suffer consequences from the lake of security from Hyatt regarding our personnal data : contact me in PM, we are thinking about a class action.
If you want my opinion : nothing is solved and hyatt still have the same HUGE issues in their system.

But if you start to talk about this with them, they stop and send your their attorney.

It's crazy how bad they are... shame because they have stunning properties but the management and IT is the worst EVER
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:35 am
Suspended

You mean that they are not the shining star :-: they portray themselves to be?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.