Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt house (Sierra) Branchburg, NJ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 4, 16, 9:53 am
Original Poster

I didn't see a review for the Hyatt House Branchburg, so I thought it may be useful to those in or going to NJ.

The hotel is off Route 22 in Hunterdon County, a short distance from the Hyatt House Bridgewater. It was built in 2004 as a Sierra Suites, acquired by Hyatt in 2011. The hotel is not easily accessible by public transport. For the truly intrepid, the North Branch station of the Raritan Valley Line is about a half hour walk. My recollection is that NB is a limited stop. The RVL runs to Newark Penn, with connecting service to NYC and EWR. I am not aware of any bus service along the Rt22 corridor.

The hotel is fully contained, unlike the Hyatt House Bridgewater, which is in more of a condo style with each room having access to the exterior. There is a bar, restaurant, and seating area downstairs. The outdoor pool is open Memorial Day to Labor Day. The pool patio contains several tables and a firepit with chairs. We booked and received a standard king suite. I don't know if they have upgraded rooms, but we were not offered and we didn't ask. The room was nicely appointed, with a bed, seating area, and small kitchen. A DVD player came with the television (see Redbox comment below). The kitchen had all the necessities, including a sink, fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, and cooking utensils. Four sets of dishes, glasses, cups, were provided, along with a cutting board, paper towels, and washing supplies.

The hotel is across the street from the entrance to the Raritan Valley Community College and a small shopping center with a Shoprite (grocery), Starbucks, Subway, fro-yo, and a pizza place. The Shoprite has a Redbox. The center is technically walking distance (we did), but there are no sidewalks and the crosswalks are dodgy. None of this should be surprising for those from or familiar with this part of NJ. The hotel is a short drive from Bridgewater (malls, restaurants, shops, etc.) and Somerville (county seat, recently renovated downtown with restaurants, shops, etc.). West of the hotel is the heart of Hunterdon County, a beautiful part of the world, something that is also no surprise to people from or familiar with the area.

Breakfast was included and decent. Served were standard continental fare, eggs, waffles (premade), and sausage. They also had a gentleman behind the bar making eggs and omelets. The hotel has a small sundry shop near the front desk and it offers a borrow menu for things like cell phone chargers and jumper cables. Complementary internet was fast enough for anything we needed.

Overall, a positive experience and would return. Definitely self serve, but it was fine with us. The kitchen was a good opportunity to save a few $$ by staying in with a movie, particularly on a cold night. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Old Mar 18, 18, 10:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Hyatt Glob, SPG LTP
They do recognize Glob status. Booked Studio Queen for 4 nights. Proactively upgraded to 1BR King.