Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond Amenities at Hyatt Places

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

I typically stay in a lot of Hyatt Places, so I'm used to minimal, if any, Diamond treatment and recognition at these properties. However, my last two stays (separated by a week) have seemed very different.

Last week at HP Portland/Old Port we were effusively recognized as Diamond members and were offered our choice of beverages in addition to the 500 point amenity. I was pretty surprised, as usually, status is rarely even mentioned at HP checkin, and if it is (most of the time at HP Columbus/Dublin, for instance) it's as a choice of points or a beverage from the market.

I would have thought this was just an anomaly, but exactly one week later, completely across the continent at the HP Seattle/Downtown, the same thing happened. Effusive Diamond welcome, and our choice of beverages, but this time explicitly in addition to the points. The Gentleman behind the desk made a special point to note that we would get the points, but also to help ourselves to a beverage each. Then, upon arriving at our room (wonderful Space Needle view on the top floor), a nice hand-written card from the on-duty manager.

So, are Hyatt Places stepping up their collective games, especially after the SPG/Marriott merger and the online Diamond courting? Or are these two just HP outliers? Anyone else have recent HP Diamond experiences to report?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

If I recall correctly (never a good assumption), I was recognized by "thank you" and acknowledgement of point amenity but nothing more at HP Bloomington, MN, recently. Again, if I recall correctly, last June HP Braintree offered a beverage and the point amenity.

Both were before I saw anything about the SPG/Marriott merger.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:21 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
For HP and HH - several of the ones I go to leave little bags in your room (water+nuts+chocolate) - the HH I stayed in last night did that. This is in addition to the 500 points. YMMV - all just the property itself doing that.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by austin_modern
YMMV - all just the property itself doing that.
Yeah we had a similarly positive experience at Salt Lake City Gateway. (But then everyone in SLC seemed really nice compared to the bay area )
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've gotten the little bag with a cute note once or twice.

I get the drink in addition to points more frequently, but still not close to half of the time.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah we had a similarly positive experience at Salt Lake City Gateway. (But then everyone in SLC seemed really nice compared to the bay area )
BTW - I generally get giftbags at the HH SJ (last night for example) and HH Rivermark in the bay area. Perhaps some are nice and some arent.

HP Fremont generally gives a free drink in addition to points - redbull or coffee or whatever. I dont generally stay at HP or HH, but I think every one Ive stayed in the 120+/night pricepoint has done that when I think back on it.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The cynical part of me wonders whether the check in agent is more likely to give the free drink coupon in addition to points in situations (such as late at night or low occupancy) when the front desk agent is also serving as the bartender (i.e., only one gallery host is on duty) so that he/she will get any tip associated with the drink.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The cynical part of me wonders whether the check in agent is more likely to give the free drink coupon in addition to points in situations (such as late at night or low occupancy) when the front desk agent is also serving as the bartender (i.e., only one gallery host is on duty) so that he/she will get any tip associated with the drink.
I'm guessing that the front desk clerks get paid a living wage and thus dont really need 1 dollar extra for serving you a drink... and Im cynical as all get out.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:55 am

Was staying at the Hyatt Place in Anaheim back near the end of October, similar experience to OP, offered nicely both the 500 pts and beverage upon check in. After entering my room, a note giving further recognition and cookie were waiting for me on the table.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
HP Flushing as well. ^
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

If I check into my MR HP and the GM is in his office, the check in agent calls him and says "a Diamond guest is checking in" and he comes out to greet me.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
If I check into my MR HP and the GM is in his office, the check in agent calls him and says "a Diamond guest is checking in" and he comes out to greet me.
That's nice, but most GMs seem to have higher priority ways to spend their time, even at limited service hotels the size of a typical HP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.