FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt to be bought out by Best Western? (Speculation / Joke) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1730424-hyatt-bought-out-best-western-speculation-joke.html)

hailstorm Dec 9, 2015 7:06 pm

Hyatt to be bought out by Best Western? (Speculation / Joke)

Seems like the logical reaction to Accor buying Fairmont...

Yul_voyager Dec 9, 2015 7:48 pm

Well, as far as I find Le Club an inferior program as some of its competitors (HGP and SPG), Accor has very nice Sofitels and M Gallery which can compare to some Fairmont and Swissotel without problem... Nothing like Best Western or Choice...

jarusoba Dec 9, 2015 8:03 pm

Oh, please change the title. Add something like Speculation, or Rumor, etc.

You almost gave me a heart attack!!!:D

hailstorm Dec 9, 2015 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 25841005)
Oh, please change the title. Add something like Speculation, or Rumor, etc.

You almost gave me a heart attack!!!:D

It had a question mark! I'm asking questions!

austin_modern Dec 9, 2015 8:12 pm

I prefer red roof inn or perhaps a conglomerate of hourly-rate hotels to buy it out.

TennisNoob Dec 9, 2015 9:12 pm

.................... Where did you get this from, The Onion?

mecabq Dec 10, 2015 7:55 am

Not sure if the OP is joking, but Best Western is a pretty different business model. Like Choice, aren't all of the BW hotels franchises?

It seems like Accor has a few owned hotels (the higher-end ones) and a mix of management agreements and franchises.

TerryK Dec 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by mecabq (Post 25843142)
Not sure if the OP is joking, but Best Western is a pretty different business model. Like Choice, aren't all of the BW hotels franchises?......

+1. ^ BW is not a hotel management company. It is more like a booking service with market branding.

peteropny Dec 11, 2015 7:55 am

Note I've edited the title - we've gotten a few RBPs on the thread title. At this point it's "old" anyways so edited the title to be clear that there is no credible reports of this happening.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

gum Dec 11, 2015 8:14 am

Thanks Peteropny, appreciated !

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 25848710)
Note I've edited the title - we've gotten a few RBPs on the thread title. At this point it's "old" anyways so edited the title to be clear that there is no credible reports of this happening.

Thanks for the moderator action. Appreciated. ^

TennisNoob Dec 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 25848710)

Now I can leave this at rest :)

Crazyhotelguy Dec 13, 2015 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob (Post 25851935)
Now I can leave this at rest :)

While Best Western is not a likely fit, I would not rule out Wyndham... To me, that is a scarier proposition.....

TennisNoob Dec 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy (Post 25857828)
While Best Western is not a likely fit, I would not rule out Wyndham... To me, that is a scarier proposition.....

Oooo

Bestwestern , Wyndham, and IHG to make the new Hyatt.

Than Hyatt would be competitive against Marriott and Hilton

Brendan Dec 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Say, do y'all suppose that Fairmont --Hyatt merger would have been OK? It would be cool to get free room nights in top Fairmonts for 20--25K Gold Passport points a night!

Aventine Dec 13, 2015 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 25859653)
Say, do y'all suppose that Fairmont --Hyatt merger would have been OK? It would be cool to get free room nights in top Fairmonts for 20--25K Gold Passport points a night!

I would love that for one.