Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Shangri-La Jade
At least you can log in...

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
java.lang.NullPointerException

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP logs.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
My app says "undergoing maintenance "from 15th to 19th." Don't think it said that before!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:14 pm

I've called the Diamond line twice. The recorded greeting is something like "yes, we know your account is a mess. Please don't call until next year.". Then I'm cut off. I've been Diamond for, I think, 18 consecuitive years. This choice was based on, shall we say, a better customer service experience.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Ok so my latest call to the diamond line has a recording saying the system will be back up Tuesday.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
I don't run their business but to me when you get something for free, that others have had to earn, it takes a lot of nerve to complain.
Who's doing the giving? Hyatt. Who's messing up? Hyatt. If you invite people to give you a chance, you can't get too defensive when they call you on your ...... operation.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:54 pm

HGP should credit us all with a couple of "stays" or points next year just for the aggravation.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cliff9973
Ok so my latest call to the diamond line has a recording saying the system will be back up Tuesday.
So, we will have to wait until Tuesday to make award reservation ? Seems crazy
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cliff9973
The HyattConcierge Twitter account told me everything was up and running. I sent them a screenshot of the website showing otherwise. No response after that.

Usually when a company make a ridiculous notice of four days downtime during the business week, they're just covering their arse for the worst case scenario. But in Hyatt's case, it looks like that was a stretch goal.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:24 pm

Seems to be working for some. Anyone try UR> Hyatt transfer yet and if so if it is working?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Was able to apply a DSU ~2pm EST. DSU got in but never received the updated receipt with the price knocked down to the original price.

I had another reservation that I applied a DSU to right before the system went down and had never received updated receipt. Took about 30 minutes and they were able to update that one.

Looks like I'll likely just need to wait on the new one for a couple of days before getting it re-priced appropriately.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was able to change some reservations I had on points and it was done fast
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:10 pm

if you are going to be down for so long you need to hit your commitments Hyatt. At least send out another email saying oops we didn't finish and need a bit more time. Trying to login and make a P&C reservation and its impossible.

How does any company do this???? If the company i worked for said, sorry we won't be able to service you for 4 days, we would promptly lose a large percentage of our business.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
if you are going to be down for so long you need to hit your commitments Hyatt. At least send out another email saying oops we didn't finish and need a bit more time. Trying to login and make a P&C reservation and its impossible.

How does any company do this???? If the company i worked for said, sorry we won't be able to service you for 4 days, we would promptly lose a large percentage of our business.
If Hyatt had any idea of the gravity of the disservice offered to its customers, they'd offer 10000 points for every full day of service downtime...doubled for Platinum members, and quadrupled for Diamonds.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:51 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by hailstorm
If Hyatt had any idea of the gravity of the disservice offered to its customers, they'd offer 10000 points for every full day of service downtime...doubled for Platinum members, and quadrupled for Diamonds.
And then we'd have people complaining about dilution of the program caused by them flooding the market with points.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've seen reports of being able to log in but I'm still in red-letter land.

With a surprise upcoming stay I might have a second booking that goes to another chain due to this outage.

/sigh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.