Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I agree. Simply not professional to take a site down for 4+ days, especially when people are still trying to qualify at the end of the year and during a busy time.

I made a few reservations, but when I checked into hotels, no record of my golupassport account of status was evident to the hotel - despite the fact it seemed to have been included on the reservation confirmation page. These were essentially mattress runs, so glad I asked the agent to ensure number was in there. Also, anybody try to get them to post Mlife stays- Hyatt agents have no clue.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Just been matched to Diamond. So far, not impressed! Can't login for FOUR days now to use my upgrades!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:24 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Just been matched to Diamond. So far, not impressed! Can't login for FOUR days now to use my upgrades!
DSUs weren't book able online anyways - but I don't think you can apply one during this outage even by Hyatt agents.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Worst time for maintenance in my opinion. Had to email property directly to cancel a reservation. Much prefer two clicks and finished.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I can't login on either full site or app. But, I was able to log on via the mobil version on iPhone. I needed to cancel 2 reservations. I was able to do so and I got email confirmations for both. One reservation was on points and I can see the points are back in my account.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I can't login on either full site or app. But, I was able to log on via the mobil version on iPhone. I needed to cancel 2 reservations. I was able to do so and I got email confirmations for both. One reservation was on points and I can see the points are back in my account.
I had to call to cancel award reservations and the website wouldn't allow online cancelation. But that was almost a year ago.Is it a new feature that you can cancel bookings online?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:39 am

10:38AM US Eastern time on the 19th. I still can't get into app. Just me?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:51 am
BLV

Still can't get in online or via app.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
From the Hyatt website:

"The Hyatt Gold Passport system is undergoing maintenance at this time."

Approximately 11 am Eastern (USA) time, Saturday December 19th.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Same here. Also, the last time I was able to sign in successfully, my account only reflected 23 stays, which is incorrect. I have already requalified for Diamond.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Nope. Whole system is still down. I'd bet Monday at the earliest since it's the weekend now. It's the holidays though and there are more people trying to use the system, so the better bet is probably that it won't be back up until after Christmas.

Half of all IT projects are outright failures in that they never even get launched. Of the other half that aren't outright failures, about 90% of those are either over budget or past deadline or both, so a mere 5% of IT projects are even complete successes.

But the general SOP is to gradual replace the old system and to leave the old system in place as a backup until the new one is completely online. Taking the old system offline for days while the new system goes in is suicide.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, US Air Gold
If Hyatt thought it was going to take longer, why did they say the system would be down from the 15th to 18th? I still can't figure out what would have to be done that would require the system to be down for 3 entire days.

What are the chances that when it is up it works smoothly?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:19 am

Had so many troubles due to this and had to book 11 nights at spg, damn ...
Would have stayed loyal to Hyatt in 2016, but this is simply as bad as it gets.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I thought it was bad that all of the announcements just said that it would go down on the 15th, but didn't say when. It should have been easy to specify that time in advance, even if they're unsure when they'll be able to bring it back up.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:33 am

The just re-enabled the login and took the message off the website that the system is down..... but I still can't login. It says there's an internal error and I need to contact the call center. I'd say another day at least.

Edit: able to log in now, it's a miracle!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.