Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Wall Street or Grand Hyatt NY coming from JFK overnight?

Old Dec 2, 15, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I am a diamond member and have a question on which NYC Hotel to choose, I am flying into JFK around 9PM so I am literally going to the Hotel to sleep, have breakfast, then go to Penn Station the following morning to catch a train. So basically which Hotel is best for breakfast as a diamond member and getting there via the AirTran from JFK as the price is equal? Obviously the Grand Hyatt location is better but haven't stayed in either so what should I choose?
Old Dec 2, 15, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130 View Post
Hello,

I am a diamond member and have a question on which NYC Hotel to choose, I am flying into JFK around 9PM so I am literally going to the Hotel to sleep, have breakfast, then go to Penn Station the following morning to catch a train. So basically which Hotel is best for breakfast as a diamond member and getting there via the AirTran from JFK as the price is equal? Obviously the Grand Hyatt location is better but haven't stayed in either so what should I choose?
Grand Hyatt is located next to the Grand Central Station, not Penn so is not that much of beneficial location.

Why not Andaz 5th avenue? Easy 10 min or so walk to/from Penn Station. Same #of points if using that and great breakfast benefits for Diamonds.

I'd also consider Andaz Wall Street as superior to the Grand Hyatt NYC (no club lounge means full breakfast at Andaz)
Old Dec 2, 15, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by njdealguy View Post
Grand Hyatt is located next to the Grand Central Station, not Penn so is not that much of beneficial location.

Why not Andaz 5th avenue? Easy 10 min or so walk to/from Penn Station. Same #of points if using that and great breakfast benefits for Diamonds.

I'd also consider Andaz Wall Street as superior to the Grand Hyatt NYC (no club lounge means full breakfast at Andaz)
The price of the GHNY and the Wall Street Hotel were the same and the 5th Avenue Hotel was much more.
Old Dec 2, 15, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Those are both poor choices for that plan. Neither location is convenient for taking public transit to or from JFK.

The Hyatt Herald Square would be a much better choice.
Old Dec 2, 15, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Those are both poor choices for that plan. Neither location is convenient for taking public transit to or from JFK.

The Hyatt Herald Square would be a much better choice.
No club lounge there either. Great news.
Old Dec 2, 15, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by pWei View Post
No club lounge there either. Great news.
Where? At Andaz WS? Correct. Nor at Andaz 5th, nor Park Hyatt, nor Hyatt Union Square . . . .

What does lounge have to do with transit to and from JFK in any event?
Old Dec 2, 15, 3:13 pm

Just did the same stop at the AWS and we could not have been happier. Nice room, good breakfast, friendly staff, coffee and sweets throughout the day, and a wine hour in the evening (didn't go, don't know what is served). The hotel is about a 10 min walk from the A/C at Fulton St. and 5 mins to the J/Z at Broad St., both of which are accessible by Airtrain. The J/Z is a longer trip from JFK, but it gets you closer to the hotel. I haven't stayed at the GHNY for a few years, but it was tired and I don't know of any renovations since.
Old Dec 2, 15, 4:14 pm

I personally dont really like the Hyatt Herald Square, really tiny rooms and is more like a Hyatt Place. No contest versus the Andaz's and wouldnt mind if is some more hassle to reach (or worth a $10 uber pool ride from any station in manhattan).
Old Dec 2, 15, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by njdealguy View Post
I personally dont really like the Hyatt Herald Square, really tiny rooms and is more like a Hyatt Place. No contest versus the Andaz's and wouldnt mind if is some more hassle to reach (or worth a $10 uber pool ride from any station in manhattan).
I don't disagree that Andaz WS is a nicer property. But we're talking about a 9 pm arrival and departure immediatley after breakfast the next day. For that, Herald Square is fine and it's a much easier transit.
Old Dec 3, 15, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Agreed, for such a short trip I would stay at Herald Sq., it's a short walk from PENN. Yes the rooms are tiny but if you just need a bed to sleep in it delivers.
Diamond Breakfast is generous, and better than Wall Street.

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I don't disagree that Andaz WS is a nicer property. But we're talking about a 9 pm arrival and departure immediatley after breakfast the next day. For that, Herald Square is fine and it's a much easier transit.