Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 6, 19, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B View Post
Link provided is not for Grand Hyatt SFO...
Old Oct 7, 19, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Here's the correct link for the Grand Hyatt SFO: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...t-at-sfo/sfogh
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:50 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Deleted

Last edited by schriste; Oct 7, 19 at 11:07 am Reason: mispost
Old Oct 7, 19, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
Here's the correct link for the Grand Hyatt SFO: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...t-at-sfo/sfogh
That's the hotel's website, but I don't see any indication of hours for the grand club lounge.

.....and the link for the wrong hotel (the airport HR) only lists the total hours lounge is open, about 6 am to 9 pm, not the specific hours for breakfast in the lounge and evening appetizers or happy hour in the lounge (plus perhaps the late evening desserts that some hotel lounges offer at the end of happy hour).
Old Oct 7, 19, 12:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Aw the plane spotter guide and binoculars is a really nice touch.
Old Oct 7, 19, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
That's the hotel's website, but I don't see any indication of hours for the grand club lounge.

.....and the link for the wrong hotel (the airport HR) only lists the total hours lounge is open, about 6 am to 9 pm, not the specific hours for breakfast in the lounge and evening appetizers or happy hour in the lounge (plus perhaps the late evening desserts that some hotel lounges offer at the end of happy hour).
Yeah, I made no promises when I posted it, other than that it is the correct link for the Grand Hyatt SFO (airport).

Out of curiosity, how often do hotel websites include detailed info on their club lounges and hours? IME, such info is usually either very limited or missing altogether. Probably because it's only for the elite of the elite.
Old Oct 8, 19, 12:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Out of curiosity, how often do hotel websites include detailed info on their club lounges and hours?
Pretty much never
Old Oct 8, 19, 1:26 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I notice the room carpets are dirt-colored; i.e., designed to hide dirt etc so they don't have to be vacuumed well. I hate that particular hotel trend!
Old Oct 8, 19, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
I notice the room carpets are dirt-colored; i.e., designed to hide dirt etc so they don't have to be vacuumed well. I hate that particular hotel trend!
"Dirt-colored?"

They don't look like that to me in the photos.
Old Oct 8, 19, 9:18 am

Like the photos, even the dirt color (LOL) and will check it out before my next early morning departure.
Old Oct 8, 19, 10:55 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LTP, Le Club Accor hotels Plat
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Like the photos, even the dirt color (LOL) and will check it out before my next early morning departure.
It is good to know there are people that actually like what I refer to as psychotic carpet (I think a better description than dirt-colored). I of course hate it, and have unfortunately been seeing it showing up in HGTV renovation shows too... so not just hotels trying to hide a wine stain.

Last edited by schriste; Oct 23, 19 at 1:56 pm
Old Oct 8, 19, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by schriste View Post
It is good to know there are people that actually like what I refer to as psychotic carpet (I think a better description than dirt-colored).
Who knows! Maybe, I'll feel differently when I see it in person, especially if it drives me to drink. Not that I never needed an excuse to raid the minibar. LOL
Old Oct 8, 19, 2:12 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, I made no promises when I posted it, other than that it is the correct link for the Grand Hyatt SFO (airport).

Out of curiosity, how often do hotel websites include detailed info on their club lounges and hours? IME, such info is usually either very limited or missing altogether. Probably because it's only for the elite of the elite.
Usually not, but the hours are often posted at the lounge door or sometimes printed on the key card envelope. That's why I was asking people who have been to this hotel, whom I assume would mostly be Hyatt elites since this is FT.
Old Oct 18, 19, 11:38 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Just stayed here and thought I'd add my feedback...

The Good
Location is amazing compared to other hotels around SFO. The hotel is directly on the AirTran, and is 2-5 stops from all terminals at SFO. Pretty cool hotel design, too.
I had a runway view room and it was really cool (and also included spotter booklet & binoculars).
Club lounge is large for a hotel this small (there are only 8 floors of guestrooms)

The Bad
The rooms are tiny--particularly by GH standards. As a previous review shows, there's only a small table in the corner of the room--no desk. Also, rooms with 2 beds barely have room for the small table in corner. Since this is an airport hotel, room size may not be too important to most guests, however don't think you'll be able to fit rollaways in these rooms or have lots of space for luggage. Families will probably need two rooms.

The Ugly
The showerheads in this hotel are truly awful (both waterfall & hand units--they have almost the same head design). Among the worst I've every experienced at any hotel and definitely the worst at a nicer chain like GH. I'm all for water conservation but not if it requires a 20 minute shower because of how little water comes out. Since some guests may book day rooms from international flights to come and shower after landing & before heading to meetings, don't come here!

Regarding the previous post, I don't know the club lounge hours however they were putting away all evening apps at 7pm (which seems early to me). Also, I was told at check-in that the club isn't doing breakfast yet, so to eat at restaurant (which is directly outside the club lounge). I was in a hurry and chose the buffet, which was honestly not far removed from larger club breakfast spreads (GH Kauai comes to mind). Eggs & meats in hot plates and then fruits, grains...etc. A total rip-off at $35/person though (if paying). I hope the hotel continues to offer restaurant breakfast instead of club though, because offerings would presumably overlap anyway and I imagine would save them a lot of $ (and better options for guests).

Quick tip for anyone arriving at night and wanting a quick meal, you can take the AirTran two stops to Intl Terminal A, which has a pre-security food court. Nothing amazing (asian place, Wendy's, sandwich & salad place) but much cheaper and faster than hotel restaurant.

Last edited by moulder3; Oct 18, 19 at 11:45 am
Old Oct 18, 19, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moulder3 View Post
...Quick tip for anyone arriving at night and wanting a quick meal, you can take the AirTran two stops to Intl Terminal A, which has a pre-security food court. Nothing amazing (asian place, Wendy's, sandwich & salad place) but much cheaper and faster than hotel restaurant.
There are two landside food courts at the international terminal, one on the A side and one on the G side. They have different places in them.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: