Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 16, 19, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by iflyjetz View Post
One can debate on comparable properties
There are no comparable properties, either in quality or convenience.

In addition to its convenience to the terminals, this property will be BART convenient as well, making it a viable option for those who need to be in SF.
Old Apr 16, 19, 9:04 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I agree. I know I'd easily be willing to pay $100 more per night than the existing Hyatt Regency SFO. The new Hyatt is:

New
"Grand"
Essentially In-Terminal
Old Apr 16, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star

In addition to its convenience to the terminals, this property will be BART convenient as well, making it a viable option for those who need to be in SF.
well then, it's settled even though it's not much more than a shell right now.
Old Apr 16, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by TravelStar View Post
I agree. I know I'd easily be willing to pay $100 more per night than the existing Hyatt Regency SFO. The new Hyatt is:

New
"Grand"
Essentially In-Terminal
looks like $200/night more.
Old Apr 16, 19, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
well then, it's settled even though it's not much more than a shell right now.
There's really no credible basis to dispute that this property will be far superior to any other SFO hotel in both hard product and convenience. The market will determine the price, but I won't be surprised to see it command a significant premium over everything else out there. Though on the very cheapest weekends it will likely be available for under $200, similar to GH Union Square (where rates range from $150 to over $1000 per night, depending on demand).
Old Apr 16, 19, 9:50 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
looks like $200/night more.
That might work. Remains to be seen how "Grand" it actually turns out to be.
I usually park in short term parking at $36/day for the convenience. I'd be more likely to stay in Long Term and take the tram if I were to stay at the GH.
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:34 am

There's really no credible basis to dispute that this property will be far superior to any other SFO hotel in both hard product and convenience. The market will determine the price, but I won't be surprised to see it command a significant premium over everything else out there. Though on the very cheapest weekends it will likely be available for under $200, similar to GH Union Square (where rates range from $150 to over $1000 per night, depending on demand).
correct. There's also no credible basis that it will be far superior to any other San Francisco hotel.
Old Apr 16, 19, 11:37 am

correct. There's also no credible basis that it will be far superior to any other San Francisco hotel.
Huh? Who said that it would be? It will be more convenient and have a better hard product than any SFO hotel. SFO is not "San Francisco."
invalyd likes this.
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:40 pm

Huh? Who said that it would be? It will be more convenient and have a better hard product than any SFO hotel. SFO is not "San Francisco."
I'll wait until the hotel opens before proclaiming it to be the best SFO hotel (it's a cat 5). Personally, I find the San Francisco Marriott Waterfront to be the best hotel near SFO. While I'm sure it will be competitive with the Marriott; I do not see it carrying a large premium over every other SFO area hotel.
Old Apr 18, 19, 11:06 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Looks like a great new option in SF.

Hope it's not yet another of those domestic Hyatts that tries to charge guests for drinks at the "honor bar" I hate this standard.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jul 21, 19, 11:33 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the new terminal 1 public day yesterday, representatives of the GH were present. The rep said they expect it to open in October and it will have a Grand Club as well as a gym.

The pamphlet they handed out said it will have 361 rooms including 22 suites and 12 ADA accessible rooms. There will also be plenty of meeting space including a grand ballroom. There will be an all day restaurant called "Quail & Crane" which will include a sushi bar. There will also be a "market and bar" facility in the lobby.
Old Jul 21, 19, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

"Now accepting reservations for October 1, 2019 and beyond."

But not bookable when I tried.

Fact Sheet
Old Jul 21, 19, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by dayone View Post
"Now accepting reservations for October 1, 2019 and beyond."

But not bookable when I tried.

Fact Sheet
i have 1 night booked in October and 1 in November

Last edited by Markie; Jul 27, 19 at 4:03 pm
Old Jul 21, 19, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF View Post
At the new terminal 1 public day yesterday, representatives of the GH were present. The rep said they expect it to open in October and it will have a Grand Club as well as a gym.
I wonder if the AirTrain connection will be done by then. Because it looks like there's an awful lot of work left on that.
Old Jul 22, 19, 9:06 am

Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
Looks like a great new option in SF.

Hope it's not yet another of those domestic Hyatts that tries to charge guests for drinks at the "honor bar" I hate this standard.
Why wouldn't they? Does any domestic hotel chain offer free liquor?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: