Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Based on recent posts (May 2023) the Grand Club is open with a nice-looking evening spread and is accessible via room key at other times.

AirTrain is generally recommended, but if you really want to walk from the terminals to the hotel, it's entirely possible (pictorial instructions in post 344)
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:25 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
A couple of updates from my recent stay:
  • Breakfast at Quail and Crain for Globalist is no longer the buffet and is now ordering via the a la carte menu. The buffet simply doesn't exist anymore. The a la carte options are great, but I did like the buffet choices.
  • Dinner options continue to expand, the menu was greatly simplified during the pandemic and options continue to be added back to the menu. I talked with the chef who mentioned the sushi bar will be back hopefully in the next 2 months
Overall - the food quality here at quail and crane remains very high and I enjoy the food quite a bit. This remains the best property in the bay area for Hyatt.
Maui4me1 and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by ryandc99
A couple of updates from my recent stay:
  • Breakfast at Quail and Crain for Globalist is no longer the buffet and is now ordering via the a la carte menu. The buffet simply doesn't exist anymore. The a la carte options are great, but I did like the buffet choices.
  • Dinner options continue to expand, the menu was greatly simplified during the pandemic and options continue to be added back to the menu. I talked with the chef who mentioned the sushi bar will be back hopefully in the next 2 months
Overall - the food quality here at quail and crane remains very high and I enjoy the food quite a bit. This remains the best property in the bay area for Hyatt.
This is the funny thing, we had a much better breakfast experience at the downtown Regency than our two breakfasts at Quail and Crane this past weekend. We didn't try dinner; we always do dinner out in the Bay Area when we visit. But definitely didn't find the breakfast this weekend particularly great.

The rooms themselves were very nice, however. Hyatt just opened a new hotel in uptown Oakland, however, we might try that on our next trip though it doesn't have EV charging which is a minus for us.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Great hotel!

What a great airport hotel with only one drawback (shower pressure)!

The hotel was sold out online (I'm assuming some rooms are left open and unsold for airlines), but I was upgraded to a Runway View King on the 11th floor. When I woke up, I did see that I had a pretty darn good view of the runway facing south. The room was well-designed and reminded me of the Grand Hyatt Nashville (new GHs are looking better than new PHs). A bit small but efficient. Lots of outlets. A nice desk, but the leather chair was a bit squeaky. A small chair with an ottoman. Included binoculars for plane spotting. The bed was wonderful with thick covers - I slept really well. SOUNDPROOFING WAS AMAZING - seriously, I don't understand how this room was so quiet. The bathroom looked nice and had lots of counter space. The shower was a bit annoying with one of those shower heads with the water holes too spread out - even if pressure was okay, the amount of water wasn't enough.

Service was nice - efficient and proactively offered late checkout. The person bringing out the food at breakfast was exceedingly friendly.

Dining was good. I ate a late 10 PM dinner at the bar and had a very good burger with arugula and tater tots. The Grand Club is open for drinks and snacks, but breakfast is either in the Market or Quail and Crane (open at 6 AM). The voucher specifies one entree and beverage - no check to sign. I had a lovely goat cheese omelet and good pressed coffee. Really happy breakfast isn't in the lounge.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and can see myself routing flights through SFO to stay here.

oc2005, dpb132 and madmanshoney like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
One other quick shoutout to the property - I was very impressed at how quickly Engineering came up at 11 PM to fix my TV. Thanks to them, I was able to catch an episode of Naked and Afraid (a show I enjoy watching while laying in luxury hotel rooms - I think it makes them better).
Old May 16, 2022, 4:47 pm

When we move to Asia we will have a long overnight layover at SFO. At first I was pumped cause the HR Embarcadero is shockingly cheap for that night. Figured we would make a run into the city, decent chance to get upgraded to a balcony view, catch up with some friends briefly. But then I realized that on such a long layover (17 h) our airline forces us to pick up our bags. Being that this is a move, I'm assuming we will have at least 4 checked bags (possibly more) plus some carryons...so now I'm scared. I booked the GH SFO instead and still wondering how it's gonna work to get all our stuff to the hotel lol.

Any insights? Would we be able to transport those luggage carts onto the train to the hotel? Maybe I should reach out to the hotel to see if they can help us?
Old May 16, 2022, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
When we move to Asia we will have a long overnight layover at SFO. At first I was pumped cause the HR Embarcadero is shockingly cheap for that night. Figured we would make a run into the city, decent chance to get upgraded to a balcony view, catch up with some friends briefly. But then I realized that on such a long layover (17 h) our airline forces us to pick up our bags. Being that this is a move, I'm assuming we will have at least 4 checked bags (possibly more) plus some carryons...so now I'm scared. I booked the GH SFO instead and still wondering how it's gonna work to get all our stuff to the hotel lol.

Any insights? Would we be able to transport those luggage carts onto the train to the hotel? Maybe I should reach out to the hotel to see if they can help us?
You would definitely be able to physically take a cart and fit it on the AirTrain as it is mostly standing room. Still, I agree with your thought to call the hotel - this can't be the first time this has happened, and I saw mention upthread of a hotel SUV they might be able to pick you and your bags up in.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can take the cart onto the train and in fact to the entrance of the hotel (use the elevator, not escalator, of course) where a bell person will meet you.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:57 pm
RNE

I'm going to arrive at SFO (Terminal 3, I believe) from ORD and collecting checked luggage. How (exactly) do I go from luggage claim to the Hyatt? I understand there's a skybridge (somewhere). And I'm happy to walk across it. I'm just not sure where it is, nor how to get to it from luggage claim. Thanks.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
I'm going to arrive at SFO (Terminal 3, I believe) from ORD and collecting checked luggage. How (exactly) do I go from luggage claim to the Hyatt? I understand there's a skybridge (somewhere). And I'm happy to walk across it. I'm just not sure where it is, nor how to get to it from luggage claim. Thanks.
Follow the signs for the AirTrain (you'll likely have to go up two floors) and then take the (hopefully) Red Line to the Grand Hyatt SFO stop. Check the boards at the AirTrain station for stops and sides for each line. Think it goes 3 to 2 to 1 to Garage to Grand Hyatt.
RNE likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by RNE
If you want to walk, follow Zorak 's step by step directions that are photographically illustrated: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33938475-post344.html

David
RNE likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Think it goes 3 to 2 to 1 to Garage to Grand Hyatt.
There's currently no T1 stop. T3=>T2=>Int A=>Int A Garage=>GH

I wouldn't recommend walking if baggage consists of more than a single roller.
RNE likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:19 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Kacee
There's currently no T1 stop. T3=>T2=>Int A=>Int A Garage=>GH
I'm flying on UA to FAT the next morning. If there's no stop at T1 how do I get there from GH?
Old May 30, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
I'm flying on UA to FAT the next morning. If there's no stop at T1 how do I get there from GH?
The Int A stop is temporarily being used for T1 now. Take the Blue Line two stops and then walk to T1.

See https://www.flysfo.com/to-from/getting-around-sfo
Old May 30, 2022, 5:23 pm
RNE

Never mind. I think I get it now.

Last edited by RNE; May 30, 2022 at 5:29 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Am I right that the Red Line does a circuit around the airport? Thus, either side will eventually stop at the GH?
One side is Red and one is Blue. They always go the opposite direction from each other. Blue will eventually get to the GH, but you have many more stops as you have to go all the way out to the Long Term Parking and then turn around.
RNE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.