Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hyatt | World of Hyatt

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 21, 21, 10:09 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
Status of the lounge as of October, 2021:

Thank you for your interest in Grand Hyatt at SFO. Our Grand Club is currently closed; we strive to re-open our lounge early next [2022] year.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 27, 22, 10:09 am

Zorak - That was very helpful! Even I can follow it--gonna bookmark this, in case I get into SFO when the trains, for whatever reason, weren't operating.
ryandc99 and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old Feb 11, 22, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Looking for a bit of advice from those of you who have stayed here. I have an overnight connection booked for my family coming home from Hawaii. The only rooms that appear to have two beds are standard rooms. I have no problem paying for a suite, but would like two beds. Would a Junior Suite or a Corner Suite have space for rollaway beds? They show as available on the app when I search for 2 adults and 2 kids. Or should I book a Grand Suite?

Also, as an airplane geek, it appears from other posts that the Corner Suites have the best views... is that accurate?
Old Feb 11, 22, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by merice107107 View Post
Looking for a bit of advice from those of you who have stayed here. I have an overnight connection booked for my family coming home from Hawaii. The only rooms that appear to have two beds are standard rooms. I have no problem paying for a suite, but would like two beds. Would a Junior Suite or a Corner Suite have space for rollaway beds? They show as available on the app when I search for 2 adults and 2 kids. Or should I book a Grand Suite?
I suggest you call or email the hotel.

Originally Posted by merice107107 View Post
Also, as an airplane geek, it appears from other posts that the Corner Suites have the best views... is that accurate?
Yes. There was a Fiji Airways 330 parked on the apron right in front of 1102 last night.
merice107107 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 22, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Club lounge open again, only serving snacks. I'm not sure what that means. Probably similar to airlines revised first class offerings of high carb, high sugar boxes 🤔. Have not been to confirm but it doesn't sound enticing right now to rush back, either. Anyone seen what it's like?
Old Feb 26, 22, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by cakiwi View Post
Club lounge open again, only serving snacks. I'm not sure what that means. Probably similar to airlines revised first class offerings of high carb, high sugar boxes 🤔. Have not been to confirm but it doesn't sound enticing right now to rush back, either. Anyone seen what it's like?
It was open when we stayed about 6 months ago and we never saw another person in there. Its a huge, beautiful space that looks out over the tarmac. No hot food options, but some fresh fruit, cliff bars, candy bars, nuts, chips, etc. All of the drink stations, espresso maker, soda and water bottles were available too but no alcohol. We just used for the solid espresso machine and some snacks before driving to Ventana.

Once (if) its full service again, itd be one of the better club lounges in the states IMO.
Old Feb 26, 22, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cmag211 View Post
It was open when we stayed about 6 months ago and we never saw another person in there. Its a huge, beautiful space that looks out over the tarmac. No hot food options, but some fresh fruit, cliff bars, candy bars, nuts, chips, etc. All of the drink stations, espresso maker, soda and water bottles were available too but no alcohol. We just used for the solid espresso machine and some snacks before driving to Ventana.
It's the best of both worlds right now. You get the restaurant breakfast plus access to one of the nicer domestic lounges there is. As you note, it's typically dead empty. Nice place to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee or get some work done.
Old Feb 26, 22, 10:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Worth double the cost of Regency @ 300 plus tax @ GH SFO?
Old Feb 26, 22, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
- Just stayed @ GH SFO for one night. Good cook-to-order breakfast at the restaurant but the menu is somewhat limited - a few variations of the same basic breakfast ingredients. Corned beef hash and the cubes of beef were too tough and chewy - perhaps from overcooking and/or reheating. The fruit plate was nice and fresh. The lounge looks great with snacks, yogurt, non-alcoholic drinks during day time, and an advanced coffee machine. I did not see fresh fruit and beer was locked in a fridge.
Is this worth the cost vs. Regency? On the night I was staying SFO Regency was about 60% of GH SFO and ca. $150 in savings would buy you quite a few snacks + drinks in Regency. In my case, I was arriving after midnight on a direct flight from JFK, I was dead tired, and also had some work to do in the morning before heading to downtown. And it was a business trip.
Old Feb 27, 22, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
I like it at least 2x more than the HR.

For me the real advantage is the proximity to the terminals. HR you have to build in 20-30 minutes for the shuttle, which can be crowded and unpleasant, even at 5 am. GH it's 5-10 minutes by AirTrain.

If GH were in the city, it would be a bargain at $300. It is seriously one of the best domestic properties I've visited in recent years. And it's very very consistent.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 27, 22, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I like it at least 2x more than the HR.

For me the real advantage is the proximity to the terminals. HR you have to build in 20-30 minutes for the shuttle, which can be crowded and unpleasant, even at 5 am. GH it's 5-10 minutes by AirTrain.

If GH were in the city, it would be a bargain at $300. It is seriously one of the best domestic properties I've visited in recent years. And it's very very consistent.
Appreciate the endorsement you know your stuff!
I’m going to spring it’s got 5 stars on TripAdvisor where most complain
The breakfast menu looks good but the dinner menu reads poorly.
Who wants a braised chicken drumstick or wings for dinner in fine dining?
My take is it’s just to get operations back up and running but just not my thing.
I found a Lobster Roll place that also serves corn chowder.I’ll just Uber over and skip the dinner offerings
@ Grand Hyatt DFW the dining options seem better
Old Feb 27, 22, 1:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
Not sure if the place you mentioned is New England Lobster Market but it's worth a stop. Located a few streets North of the Hyatt SFO. Can get crowded but has indoor and outdoor tables. Food was fresh and tasty.
Old Feb 27, 22, 2:42 am

Agreed. Best lobster rolls in SF, better than anything you can get in Fisherman's Wharf
Old Feb 27, 22, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by mitch1 View Post
Not sure if the place you mentioned is New England Lobster Market but it's worth a stop. Located a few streets North of the Hyatt SFO. Can get crowded but has indoor and outdoor tables. Food was fresh and tasty.
Yes thats the one 👍
I discovered it on Eater.com after reviewing the disappointing Dinner menu at GH SFO online.
Seems the earlier menus were superior at the hotel
Old Feb 27, 22, 8:41 am

I had the burger for dinner last time we were there and it was excellent. If they ever have the pork chop available (off menu special), it's fantastic.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 3, 22, 12:47 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Since there's no Park Hyatt level Hyatt property in San Francisco, we decided to try this new Grand Hyatt at SFO, though we're on a road trip from LA. Some nice things about it: valet parking will charge your EV for you, the hotel itself is in the updated, modern Hyatt style which my wife and I love - rooms have a ton of very nice, thoughtful touches. Soundproofing is absolutely perfect - zero airport noise at all inside the hotel. However, because it's an airport hotel there's no pool, and honestly we were somewhat underwhelmed by the food quality - our Globalist breakfast was just okay. On the plus side my wife had an omelette with potatoes that were quite good, but my bagel with salmon was pretty ordinary; the bagel was not that great, it wasn't toasted enough, I've had much better at other Hyatt hotels in California. I had a yogurt parfait the next day that was pretty blah, my wife's avocado toast was just so-so, etc. Just in general not a very premium experience. The Grand Club was a nice place to relax in the evening after a dinner with friends, spacious and mostly empty late at night, with some snacks (chips, etc.), but the tea machine made the water way too lukewarm to get a good tea (in fact the in room hot water was much better!). Overall I won't likely stay here again, I think the Regency in downtown SF, though it's a little dated, was a better experience, with much better food and overall a more fun experience (and they say they are going to update the rooms there soon, so that might be worth checking out again later).

Search this Thread