Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 24, 19, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That sounds right but I'm not sure and I don't have that information in front of me. There was a nice little hallway outside of the room with a window, which made the entrance very attractive.
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 19, 9:03 pm

My room is x48 and there is a physical door separating the rooms
Old Nov 24, 19, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by ZBigFam View Post
My room is x48 and there is a physical door separating the rooms
So when you got off the elevator you go to the right?
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pagotto View Post
I stayed at the hotel last week and arrived after midnight when the AirTrain wasn't working. Protesting the Blue Line from T1, I called the hotel since I was told by an AirTrain person they have a shuttle - they don't. That said, it is walkable - I did it. Took about 15 minutes (I didn't have any bags). You have to go down to the arrivals level and you can follow a sidewalk from T1 to the international terminal and they on the lower level past the garage and across a street to the hotel. Was easy at 12:15am with no traffic but during the day could be more challenging.

Other than that, the hotel was excellent - definitely my favorite property in SF.
This is really good directions if you want to walk to the hotel (in the case AirTrain Red line isn't working and you don't want to loop all the way to the rental car center on the Blue line). One tip is to go to the A Gate side of the international terminal and then take the escalators to the very bottom floor (1 floor below the arrivals level). Then when you exit, follow the sidewalk on the left side all the way to the hotel. You have to cross one street before arriving at the hotel. It's a solid 15 minute walk so not the easiest walk if you have luggage.
Old Nov 25, 19, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Maui4me1 View Post
So when you got off the elevator you go to the right?
Yes. x48 is to the right from the elevators. I used a TSU to upgrade to a corner suite (I believe you can also upgrade to the junior suite using a TSU). When checking in, i had been told I was upgraded to the Junior Suite. Assuming Corner was better than Junior, i asked about the difference. That set off a flurry of front desk staff talking to each other and they came back quite confident that the junior suite was the better of the two categories. Upstairs we went and I was quite pleased with the room. It has a the pocket door between bedroom and living room. Giant bathroom. Good view of the A gates.

I thought the lounge was very nice but the food a bit underwhelming in the evening. Also the lounge is in an awkward location as you have to walk through the crane and quail restaurant to get there. Room service was hit and miss. loved the soup. chicken sandwich not so much.

The valets did double as bell hops. Got our stuff onto a cart and took us up to the lobby on the 4th floor and handed us off to someone else who helped us up to our room.

Service has been incredibly outgoing.

I still wouldn't recommend staying here if you're visiting San Francisco proper. But this is a great property for the airport and for the northern peninsula.
Old Nov 25, 19, 6:00 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
One annoying downside if you're staying here for peninsula access is that Ubers all pay the airport tax each time which adds about $5-10 to the cost of each ride. Infuriating.

I'm back here for another stay and didn't get a suite this time for a 1-night stay booked in the am day-of, for a 10pm check-in. They put me in a x30 room this time. Still a lovely hotel, though not as nice as the lovely x02 suite I had.

Service here is still absolutely wonderful.
Old Nov 25, 19, 8:09 am

Fyi, in case you want to catch an Uber you catch them on the first floor

Last edited by ZBigFam; Nov 25, 19 at 7:56 pm
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:36 pm

Chocolate chip cookies here in the lounge are amazing
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:55 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by boolean64 View Post
Yes. x48 is to the right from the elevators. I used a TSU to upgrade to a corner suite (I believe you can also upgrade to the junior suite using a TSU). When checking in, i had been told I was upgraded to the Junior Suite. Assuming Corner was better than Junior, i asked about the difference. That set off a flurry of front desk staff talking to each other and they came back quite confident that the junior suite was the better of the two categories. Upstairs we went and I was quite pleased with the room. It has a the pocket door between bedroom and living room. Giant bathroom. Good view of the A gates.

I thought the lounge was very nice but the food a bit underwhelming in the evening. Also the lounge is in an awkward location as you have to walk through the crane and quail restaurant to get there. Room service was hit and miss. loved the soup. chicken sandwich not so much.

The valets did double as bell hops. Got our stuff onto a cart and took us up to the lobby on the 4th floor and handed us off to someone else who helped us up to our room.

Service has been incredibly outgoing.

I still wouldn't recommend staying here if you're visiting San Francisco proper. But this is a great property for the airport and for the northern peninsula.
When you use a TSU, you're confirmed immediately into a particular suite category. Your My Hyatt Concierge should be able to clarify whether you had a junior suite booked or the corner suite as it's not always obvious on the reservation itself IME.
Old Nov 27, 19, 10:59 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The GH SFO is now offered opaquely on Hotwire. A couple of random searches returned rates about $50 less than the Member Rate offered on hyatt.com.
Old Nov 28, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry

Chocolate chip cookies here in the lounge are amazing
I was there Saturday night, biggest chocolate chips I've ever seen!
Old Nov 29, 19, 4:40 pm

Fyi if you stay here through Nov (one day left I know) you get an extra 2,000 points on top of the promo that's going on right now. I think it's because they just opened. If I'd known sooner I would have changed things around but I didn't until I look at my folio.
Old Nov 29, 19, 6:17 pm

Fyi if you stay here through Nov (one day left I know) you get an extra 2,000 points on top of the promo that's going on right now. I think it's because they just opened. If I'd known sooner I would have changed things around but I didn't until I look at my folio.
I think itís 500
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Maui4me1 View Post
I think itís 500
No, it's 2,000. This was announced in an email listing a bunch of new hotels and effective dates for the promo.
Old Nov 29, 19, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
No, it's 2,000. This was announced in an email listing a bunch of new hotels and effective dates for the promo.
I have stayed twice and only got 500

Search this Thread
Search Engine: