Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Based on recent posts (May 2023) the Grand Club is open with a nice-looking evening spread and is accessible via room key at other times.

AirTrain is generally recommended, but if you really want to walk from the terminals to the hotel, it's entirely possible (pictorial instructions in post 344)
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The location is pretty darned close to where the on-airport SF Hilton used to be many years ago.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:36 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by siliconflyer
I have stayed here several times and GH DFW is far from it. Diamond check in is instead used by AA and I had to wait 30 minutes to check in. Also their service in the restaurant is sub par.
I don't doubt that you have had service failures
They need to be reported
Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns IMHO
If you have service issues you should address them in the individual property thread and or report it to Hyatt Guest Relations
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I don't doubt that you have had service failures
They need to be reported
Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns IMHO
If you have service issues you should address them in the individual property thread and or report it to Hyatt Guest Relations
Dear 777: "Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns". Why so? I am a Hyatt Diamond and this is my evaluation of Diamond recognition at this property. Does it not count?

And yes, I have complained and got some points in compensation. As well there is a standing open invitation for free lunch or dinner from this property. But I do not think I will take them up on it.

I had stayed several times at this property and do not think they are outstanding. YMMV as you are a regular at this property and ex-Hyatt-alumni. I just stated my opinion. Hope you do not mind.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Dear 777: "Diamond recognition is a separate topic from your individual concerns". Why so? I am a Hyatt Diamond and this is my evaluation of Diamond recognition at this property. Does it not count?

And yes, I have complained and got some points in compensation. As well there is a standing open invitation for free lunch or dinner from this property. But I do not think I will take them up on it.

I had stayed several times at this property and do not think they are outstanding. YMMV as you are a regular at this property and ex-Hyatt-alumni. I just stated my opinion. Hope you do not mind.
Hi Siliconflyer
Upgrades and amenities that make up Diamond recognition are separate from service issues that aren't Diamond specific.
Your experience is certainly respected and understood as well as appreciated
To be fair this thread is really dedicated to the new Grand Hyatt in SFO
Stay experiences good and bad really belong in the Grand Hyatt DFW thread as do all our comments related to that property
Be nice to get back on topic!
Though we are all guilty of going off topic from time to time
I'm the champion there

In closing hotel failures happen all over the world if a property makes a gesture that means a lot to me as a guest which says we expect you to have a good experience.
In almost all cases I will be back unless the property have really crossed the line.Many concerns are likely to be isolated and forgiving is a good thing
if its a good establishment and you can likely have a positive experience on a future stay if not by all means move on!
We appreciate your participation on Flyertalk and the Hyatt forum^
Cheers
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hi Siliconflyer
Upgrades and amenities that make up Diamond recognition are separate from service issues that aren't Diamond specific.
Your experience is certainly respected and understood as well as appreciated
To be fair this thread is really dedicated to the new Grand Hyatt in SFO
Stay experiences good and bad really belong in the Grand Hyatt DFW thread as do all our comments related to that property
Be nice to get back on topic!
Though we are all guilty of going off topic from time to time
I'm the champion there

In closing hotel failures happen all over the world if a property makes a gesture that means a lot to me as a guest which says we expect you to have a good experience.
In almost all cases I will be back unless the property have really crossed the line.Many concerns are likely to be isolated and forgiving is a good thing
if its a good establishment and you can likely have a positive experience on a future stay if not by all means move on!
We appreciate your participation on Flyertalk and the Hyatt forum^
Cheers
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, we were all off the topic of the thread. My bad.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
This is good news for for Bay Area travelers, as I hate waiting for the shuttle when you arrive late and want to go to bed, bonus points that it's going to be a Grand Hyatt!

Last edited by Andaz5; Feb 5, 2016 at 6:23 pm
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
As of the last day or two, GH SFO appearing when searching for hotels in San Fran. No bookable dates yet though. New images as well.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What does the construction site look like today? I had completely forgotten about this project and didn't pay attention when I was last driving by the site four months ago.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Looks like it should have some really nice tarmac views!

Imagine that; three years after it was announced, and the opening is still on track for 2019!

Here's the hotel website:
https://sfo.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Located at the entrance to SFO Airport, Grand Hyatt at SFO will sit on a 4.2 acre site close to terminal buildings and parking garages with direct accessibility via an AirTrain station to the terminals. Slated to open in summer 2019, the 351-room hotel will have a fitness center, restaurant, bar and 15,000 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:33 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
What does the construction site look like today? I had completely forgotten about this project and didn't pay attention when I was last driving by the site four months ago.
I took a couple of photos when we were stuck in traffic on the way to the International Terminal last week.

notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA MP
Any word if there'll be a grand club on the property?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Was this the reason the Airtrain was out for almost all of last month?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by caliform
Was this the reason the Airtrain was out for almost all of last month?
Not exactly:
SFO is extending the Blue Line AirTrain from the Rental Car Center to the Lot DD Long-Term Parking Structure. This project includes two new AirTrain stations (one at Lot DD and one at the new on-Airport hotel) and system upgrades. As a result, periodic shutdowns of some roads around the Airport, as well as periodic nighttime shutdowns of the AirTrain, will be necessary through 2020 when the project is complete.
SFO Travel Alert

There is also construction on the new T1 which is impacting the AirTrain.

AFAIK, it's closed 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., not all day.
​​​​
Originally Posted by Pat89339
I took a couple of photos when we were stuck in traffic on the way to the International Terminal last week.
The new SFO normal, thanks to Uber and Lyft (which I am guilty of supporting).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
The AirTrain was out all day for several of the days I was passing through SFO last month, so I am guessing there's closures on top of that.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by erickliu
Any word if there'll be a grand club on the property?
A brand standard. There definitely should be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.