Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: solewalker
On Thursday, November 19 at 12:43 PM EST, @HyattConcierge sent the following tweet via the Twitter social media platform:

"Looking for a new loyalty program? DM us and lets talk."

12:43 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667397894987767808
2:55 PM EST - https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/status/667431140815450112

Q: What was offered by Hyatt Gold Passport?
A: Hyatt Gold Passport offered a status match for qualifying elite status in qualifying hotel loyalty programs to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. This status level remains valid through the end of February 2017.

Q: Which hotel loyalty programs? Which elite status level?
A: As of Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that requests with proof of elite status with almost any hotel loyalty program were matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond. It has been reported that Marriott Rewards Gold, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, and others were matched to Hyatt Diamond.

After Friday, November 20 at 12:00 PM EST, it appears that only some top-tier elite status level in some hotel loyalty programs were being matched, for example Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Platinum. There is no supporting evidence that any sort of cut-off date/time was implemented in actual denials. However, this is most likely due to the fact that requests made after the cut-off date/time have not yet been processed (refer to the "How long will it take" question below).

There are a number of reports that indicate being told by Hyatt representatives that there was a cut-off date/time and that the current status match is for SPG Platinum members only.

It seems there have been varied reports around what elite status and hotel loyalty program qualified, which ones didn't qualify, which level of Hyatt Gold Password was matched to, etc. More information should be available on November 24 when it is expected that the cut-off date/time is processed and the wiki will be updated as we have some additional reports roll in.

As always, YMMV.

Q: How does this differ from the previous Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offers?
A: The requirements for the current status match were: 1) proof of elite status with a qualifying hotel loyalty program and 2) proof of ONE stay during this calendar year. This is an outright status match not a status challenge.

Q: How long will it take for the status match to be applied?
A: As of November 24 at 1:30 AM EST, it appears that they have reviewed requests made up to around November 20 at 11:30 AM EST. The initial response was "within 48 hours," but that has since been extended to "within 14 days." Based on reports, it appears that requests are being processed on the weekends and late into the evenings (author note: my status match was processed at 1:30 AM EST).

Q: If I am matched to Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond level, will I receive the Diamond Suite Upgrade awards?
A: Yes. As with any Diamond member, you will receive four DSU awards within one to two business days. These will expire at the end of February 2016. You can attach these to future reservations - past February 2016 - as long as they are used prior to their expiration - changes to the reservation may result in the loss of the expired DSU though. You will receive an additional four DSU awards next year for use by early March 2016 which will expire February 28, 2017. This is no different than any other Diamond member.

Q: If I currently have Diamond status, will Hyatt extend my status an additional year?
A: No. Hyatt is not offering extensions on existing Diamond status. Once again, this is based on reports from the community, so YMMV. Anything is possible if you ask; nothing is possible if you do not ask.

Q: If I previously attained Diamond level status through a Diamond Status Challenge or Diamond Fast Track offer, am I eligible for the current status match offer?
A: As long as you are not currently a Diamond member and meet the other qualifications, it appears you will be eligible for this offer. Previous status challenges should not affect this offer.

Q: Why would Hyatt make this kind of offer?
A: While the reasons can only be discussed as hypothetical situations, the recently announced acquisition of Starwood Hotels by Marriott Hotels and the subsequent disgruntled reaction from many SPG elite members most likely played a role. However, this is unconfirmed and merely speculation.

Q: I missed this promotion before. Is this promotion still active? If so, how do I request a status match?
A: At this time, there is no evidence to suggest the promotion has ended. To request the status match, email [email protected] with a screenshot of 1) proof of your current elite status level with a competing hotel loyalty program AND 2) proof of at least one stay during the current calendar year AND 3) your Hyatt GP membership number.

NOTE: It appears that only new requests from SPG Platinum members will receive the Diamond status match. This does not mean you should not try if you have some other type of status, but you should expect the request to be declined. Again, "YMMV" applies.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Doing Status Matches on Twitter! (11/19/15)

Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I disagree.
Originally Posted by sethb
I disagree.
Originally Posted by RTW1
That's what FT is for :-).
I disagree with all 3 of you
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
This is what i have received after follow-up of initial platinum status match email

For me Concierge or lounge access is important and i believe Platinum doesn't have access in HYATT , correct me if i am wrong

Second - with Chase CC , i can get platinum , So nothing great with status match offer

I have asked for any option for fast track to reach diamond , see what they have to say
Thanks

----------------
Thank you so much for reaching out to Gold Passport Customer Service regarding the recent tier match request.

I have reviewed all of your attachments and correspondences with my colleagues. The match to Diamond has been restricted to SPG Platinum members who have had at least 20 nights in the past year only. If you had submitted your information prior to 12:00 PM CST on 11/20/15 other elite member's from the competing hotels were given Diamond status if we received the documentation prior to 12:00 PM CST. Our corporate office made the decision to restrict who was eligible for Diamond status and who was eligible for Platinum status as these are our elite statuses. Upon my research, we received the documentation from you after 12:00 PM CST which is why you are not eligible for the Diamond Tier Upgrade.

It is my pleasure to inform you that we have upgraded your account to Platinum until February 2017. You will begin to enjoy the many benefits of the Platinum tier status such as guaranteed availability 72 hours prior to arrival, best room within the category booked, as well as 15% bonus points per stay among many other wonderful benefits.

You may maintain this tier going forward by completing 5 eligible stays or 15 qualifying nights between January 1 December 31, 2016.

We are always evaluating our offers based on the needs of our guests and business needs and we are always exploring new options for the future to help make maintaining status more exciting. Please check back after the first of the year as there may be new tier trials or promotions available.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Global Contact Centre
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
This is what i have received after follow-up of initial platinum status match email

For me Concierge or lounge access is important and i believe Platinum doesn't have access in HYATT , correct me if i am wrong

Second - with Chase CC , i can get platinum , So nothing great with status match offer

I have asked for any option for fast track to reach diamond , see what they have to say
Thanks

----------------
Thank you so much for reaching out to Gold Passport Customer Service regarding the recent tier match request.

I have reviewed all of your attachments and correspondences with my colleagues. The match to Diamond has been restricted to SPG Platinum members who have had at least 20 nights in the past year only. If you had submitted your information prior to 12:00 PM CST on 11/20/15 other elite member's from the competing hotels were given Diamond status if we received the documentation prior to 12:00 PM CST. Our corporate office made the decision to restrict who was eligible for Diamond status and who was eligible for Platinum status as these are our elite statuses. Upon my research, we received the documentation from you after 12:00 PM CST which is why you are not eligible for the Diamond Tier Upgrade.

It is my pleasure to inform you that we have upgraded your account to Platinum until February 2017. You will begin to enjoy the many benefits of the Platinum tier status such as guaranteed availability 72 hours prior to arrival, best room within the category booked, as well as 15% bonus points per stay among many other wonderful benefits.

You may maintain this tier going forward by completing 5 eligible stays or 15 qualifying nights between January 1 December 31, 2016.

We are always evaluating our offers based on the needs of our guests and business needs and we are always exploring new options for the future to help make maintaining status more exciting. Please check back after the first of the year as there may be new tier trials or promotions available.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Global Contact Centre
So this means after 11/20, even I have 20 nights stay in other hotel chain group, we still can't get Diamond?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It sure looks that way to me. Hyatt got rid of their regular status match program a few years ago and replaced it with a challenge, which currently no longer available.

My thoughts all along were that this was a mistake, and now they're trying to fix it by limiting it to their original target group.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:12 pm

Hyatt "matching" turned me away from the brand

After seeing that even Gold was matched to Diamond Hyatt, I sent IHG Platinum and Hilton Diamond screenshots showing my status and points. Waited for some time then got an email saying that they`d need another screenshot with the stays - sent that. Waited again. Received an email saying that they would match me to Platinum while I was Platinum through Chase Hyatt card.

Called Hyatt and spoke to Brittney (?), she didn`t even ask for my number or anything, she just said that no matching other than to SPG starting from November 20. I said why did you people asked me for multiple screenshots in December if you saw IHG and Hilton? She was rude and responded with some nonsense. I asked for a manager, and she said she was one.
What a disgrace and waste of my time!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I think the terms may not have been as strict if they had structured this correctly from the beginning. It may could have been just a straight status match, top tier to top tier. I do agree though that you need to at least show some level of stays, not necessarily 20 but definitely not 1.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... why start another thread?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
... why start another thread?
It`s a bit different.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
IMHO, they should just go back to their original status match program. When I did it, which was over 10 years ago, it was high status to high status AND once in a lifetime only. I can't recall if I had to prove any stays.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Kat007
It`s a bit different.
No it's not - being merged.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kat007
After seeing that even Gold was matched to Diamond Hyatt, I sent IHG Platinum and Hilton Diamond screenshots showing my status and points. Waited for some time then got an email saying that they`d need another screenshot with the stays - sent that. Waited again. Received an email saying that they would match me to Platinum while I was Platinum through Chase Hyatt card.

Called Hyatt and spoke to Brittney (?), she didn`t even ask for my number or anything, she just said that no matching other than to SPG starting from November 20. I said why did you people asked me for multiple screenshots in December if you saw IHG and Hilton? She was rude and responded with some nonsense. I asked for a manager, and she said she was one.
What a disgrace and waste of my time!
If you read this thread (or even the Wiki), then you would have known that that was reported since 12/20. Nothing new so no you didn't have to start a new thread. To answer your question though, they probably asked for the screenshots to match you to Platinum.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Wow. So much butt hurt going on in here. It's not like 99% of the people who are status matching will even bring their stays over to Hyatt.

Luckily I have started my stays for early next year and have Hyatt stays booked due to now being Diamond.

My personal stays will stay with SPG as that's my personal program of choice. However my business stays will certainly change.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
If you read this thread (or even the Wiki), then you would have known that that was reported since 12/20. Nothing new so no you didn't have to start a new thread. To answer your question though, they probably asked for the screenshots to match you to Platinum.
I sent the request in December, and they requested more while those programs didn`t qualify for almost two weeks?
Why do they need my screenshots to "upgrade" me if I was Platinum already??
I was told they had hired new folks to deal with this mismatching, so no wonder this is such a disaster, not mentioning that those newbies didn`t know that Ritz and Marriott is the same loyalty program.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
Wow. So much butt hurt going on in here. It's not like 99% of the people who are status matching will even bring their stays over to Hyatt.

Luckily I have started my stays for early next year and have Hyatt stays booked due to now being Diamond.

My personal stays will stay with SPG as that's my personal program of choice. However my business stays will certainly change.
Yeah I agree with you. I have 3 PH stays and 2 GH stays already booked for 2016!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I'm definitely one of those who will take full advantage of my newly minted Diamond status. 162 total nights in hotels in 2015 (109 with SPG, 47 with Hilton and 6 with Ritz/Marriott). Over 50 of those nights will now go to Hyatt as I'm reasonably sure Marriott will not be keeping SPG Ambassador status. I only wish Hyatt would introduce a 100 night status including a Courtesy Card (hey a guy can dream).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.