Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo

that’s a tough one. The room says max occupancy is 4 but at the end of the day, it won’t hurt to ask. I highly doubt if you showed up with the whole family they wouldn’t let you stay but that’s a calculation you’ll have to make. For what it’s worth, we recently stayed at the St. Regis Bal Harbour and the room max says 3 but we were able to stay with the family of 4 with no problems. Probably YMMV
I hear you although with the youngest being 3, don’t know how much longer I can “oh by the way” add a 5th. Getting harder and harder to find accommodations once you pass 4. Mostly Airbnb or if I get lucky and find a suite redemption that allows 5.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:08 am

Just scheduled a points stay for 5 nights in January 2020. Reached out to upgrade to Turquoize, and agreed on $110/nt for the upgrade. But they then told me that since I didn't book directly into the Turquoize tower, that the round trip airport transfer was not included. Anybody else run into this issue? Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:09 am

We are family of 4 that includes a 3 yr old and 8 yr old. My 3yr old barely eats anything and survives on pediasure and juices for most part. Would be it be risky to do a points booking with just 2 adults and then show up with 2 kids and say they are 2 and 8 and only pay for the 8 yr old?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by Stivelio
We are family of 4 that includes a 3 yr old and 8 yr old. My 3yr old barely eats anything and survives on pediasure and juices for most part. Would be it be risky to do a points booking with just 2 adults and then show up with 2 kids and say they are 2 and 8 and only pay for the 8 yr old?
We just finished up a week stay, and I know they asked for the adults' passports, and I think they asked for the kids' passport too. I'm not sure how carefully they checked the ages (ours were all over the age of 5), but it would be pretty clearly documented on the passports.

We payed $55 extra rather than $110 for the 5 year old.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:49 am

I would do the points booking and add on the kids either in advance or at check in
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by triplehog22
Just scheduled a points stay for 5 nights in January 2020. Reached out to upgrade to Turquoize, and agreed on $110/nt for the upgrade. But they then told me that since I didn't book directly into the Turquoize tower, that the round trip airport transfer was not included. Anybody else run into this issue? Thanks
Just use USA Transfers. Super reliable and cheap.
mikeyyz, levilevi and triplehog22 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Just use USA Transfers. Super reliable and cheap.
We just used USA Transfers. $65 round-trip (plus tip). Very easy and no stress.

For those with little kids, they can bring car seats, but they are infant car seats rather than boosters for big kids. Ours are all in boosters at home, so we just used regular seat belts in the USA Transfer van.

We had a 9:30am departure, and the van picked us up at 6:30am. Left to my own devices, I would have left later than that. We had no trouble getting through security at the airport and had over an hour to kill. I would have preferred breakfast at the hotel and then heading to the airport, but it was my first time through CUN and didn't know how bad security would be, so we left at 6:30am.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
We just used USA Transfers. $65 round-trip (plus tip). Very easy and no stress.

For those with little kids, they can bring car seats, but they are infant car seats rather than boosters for big kids. Ours are all in boosters at home, so we just used regular seat belts in the USA Transfer van.

We had a 9:30am departure, and the van picked us up at 6:30am. Left to my own devices, I would have left later than that. We had no trouble getting through security at the airport and had over an hour to kill. I would have preferred breakfast at the hotel and then heading to the airport, but it was my first time through CUN and didn't know how bad security would be, so we left at 6:30am.
They always try to pick us up super early too. Just email them and tell them what time you want, and they will be there. I think many are surprised how modern the whole CUN experience is. We typically don't check bags so getting there an hour early is more than sufficient. The airport is easy to navigate, clean, and quite efficient. Never had much of wait for anything there - just DON'T lose your exit visa!

Did you get a Corner Suite?
levilevi and danbnash like this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
Did you get a Corner Suite?
We did do the corner suite, and had a regular king on the floor above.

The corner suite was great and had plenty of space for all of us. We used the sofa bed and had a roll-away. The kids loved the tub on the balcony.

We walked by the pyramid building but didn't get a look at what the pyramid suite would look like. However, the pyramid building looked a bit older and not as renovated, so I think the club tower was the best bet.

We had a good time, and everyone liked it.

One odd thing is that all the pools are the same depth (I think 4.5 feet) everywhere (except the small space for babies). My kids are 7 and 5, and they could never touch anywhere other than the step areas of the pools. The pool complexes are huge and very nice, but they are not necessarily little-kid friendly. They like to swim and we had floats they could hang on to, so they were fine, but they are not typical pools with variable depths. It has been a couple of years, but my wife thinks the pools at Ziva Cabo were the same, but the kids were smaller then so we never expected them to be able to touch.

Overall, a very good stay.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Anyone know of a good Chichen Itza tour that won't break the bank?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by triplehog22
Is that $110 per night per person?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Is that $110 per night per person?
No that was total for two people.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:24 am

Is consensus when making a points booking with kids that if you would rather pay cash (~$110/child/night) than points (~120500 WOH points), to make the booking without the kid and then add upon arrival? Or call hotel directly in advance?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:10 am

I have a 4 night points redemption scheduled for February 2020 for myself and my wife as well as our two sons, aged 1 and 5. When I made the redemption I only paid 100,000 points and called Hyatt to ask them to add my sons to the reservation with the intention of paying cash for my 5 year old son as described in this thread. The people on the Hyatt phone line were at first confused but after consulting with a manager said they would have to call the property to find out how much it would cost to add my 5 year old son. Unfortunately, the property was closed at that time, but I called back yesterday and they were able to connect me with the property. After being passed around a few times, I was finally able to speak to someone in the reservations department. He told me that he would put a note in my reservation stating that my sons would be staying at the property with me and that the 1 year old would not have an additional cost but that the 5 year old would cost $110/night.

I just wanted to confirm that this is how others have dealt with the property. I expected the property to ask for my son's names to add them to the reservation and to have to pay for my 5 year old son in advance rather than just showing up at the property in February and dealing with everything at that time. I must also admit that part of me was hoping to pay $55/night for my 5 year old, but I see that others have paid $110 as well.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by setho212
He told me that he would put a note in my reservation stating that my sons would be staying at the property with me and that the 1 year old would not have an additional cost but that the 5 year old would cost $110/night.

I just wanted to confirm that this is how others have dealt with the property. I expected the property to ask for my son's names to add them to the reservation and to have to pay for my 5 year old son in advance rather than just showing up at the property in February and dealing with everything at that time. I must also admit that part of me was hoping to pay $55/night for my 5 year old, but I see that others have paid $110 as well.
I don't think they had the names of our kids before we arrived, so I don't think that is a problem.

My Hyatt Concierge was able to get our 5-year old a rate of $55 a night. We were booking two rooms for 7 nights, so maybe they were cutting us a break. If you have a Concierge, I would see if they could pull a string or two. If not, it cannot hurt to ask for the $55 rate at check-in. Worse they can say is no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.