Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Arriving next week with a toddler in tow. What's the best way to get to the hotel? I got an email from the hyatt staff offering special airport shuttle - RT $165. I'm SURE there are better options.

For those with little ones, did you travel with a car seat or did airport transportation come with a car seat to use?

Looking forward to relaxing. For those picky eaters (we are a paleo/pescatarian household), what are the goto places to eat?

TIA
USA Transfers.

Bastille has the best food on property but it’s adults only (in case you hire a sitter). Arrive early to assure you get a table.

We also love Habaneros. Italian isn’t bad. Room Service can be surprisingly good, especially for breakfast (but only ordered it in Turquoize and it might be different there).

Didnt like the Steakhouse at all (but we’re from Texas..)
gumercindo and danbnash like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

Just spent a quick 3 nights there this past week and had a great time. Went with my wife and 3 year old in tow.

first, USA transfers was great. Beware of the taxi scammers shouting at you coming out of the terminal. lol One asked me which firm I already hired and I made the mistake of saying "USA transfers" and he went on to tell me that those trucks crash all the time. lol. The USA guy was tough to find but eventually found him and we had a real nice Yukon for our trip to the hotel. Granted, we had a regular van for the return trip but I thought this was a nice touch. I get the impression that they upgrade your ride to the hotel and give you a regular ride back to the aiport. Anyhow, nice start to the trip!

We took the upgrade offer of the ocean front room and we were glad we did. We stayed in the pyramid building and had no issues with it. I know food/amenities gets lots of criticism so I'll offer my thoughts. My wife and I enjoy good food. We like to dine at good restaurants but that said, we managed our expectations with regard to food at Ziva.

Mercado: Our go to place for most meals. I think this place is great for breakfast and lunch. Hard to go wrong with the kids section, omelette station and other stations (fruit, etc) throughout. The fruit was always in good shape - nice ripe mangoes, melons, etc the entire time. My only complains were the birds if you ate outside. Only other disappointing part was desserts - mediocre.

Lorenzo: We only came here if we were in a pinch and grabbed a pizza for our son. Pizza was fine.

Chevys: Frankly, only good thing I'll say here was that they had the best margaritas here.

Tradewinds: Enjoyed it. Flank steak was delicious. Ribeye was bad. They were serving rack of lamb as their nightly special and it was quite good! I wouldn't bother with the ceviche section at the buffet outside of the shrimp ceviche. We also ordered the salmon and it was a bit dry

24: really enjoyed the selection of food here espcially at lunch. Underrated.

Pasteles: Hard pressed to find a really yummy dessert here including ice cream

Main pool bar (dips and sips): drinks were as inconsistent as it gets. Most of the time they were watered down and the other half it was pretty good. Thankfully we got a cabana there a few times - have to get there before 7:30. I imagine during peak season you need to be there by 6. There are towel guys that come around and offer to hold a spot the following morning, fyi. They moslty do it for families.

Also, we were able to do the dolphin activities on prem with our son. Was great - super friendly folks and had a great time.

Overall, enjoyed the property - very friendly all around. It's a shame the red seaweed is such an issue throughout. I did make it to the ocean but only in the small section by HAbaneros.

levilevi likes this.

Last edited by gumercindo; Jul 5, 2019 at 8:06 am
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
For the TSU suite at Ziva.... get a CORNER SUITE in the CLUB TOWER. Trust me, you'll be glad you did..... with the adjoining room it will feel like a private floor. The Pyramid Suite is just OK.
The Club Tower Corner Suite for the the week we are there opened up today, so I had my concierge quickly change us from the Pyramid Suite to the corner suite, but she said the hotel said the corner suite does not have any connecting rooms.

Your post above suggested it did, but now that I re-read it, I may have over-interpreted your comment and it may just be that with a hypothetical adjoining room, it would seem like the whole floor.

If you were able to get an adjoining room to the corner suite, I wonder if I am not in the same type of corner suite you are recommending, but my concierge said was a Club Tower Ocean Front Corner Suite.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
The Club Tower Corner Suite for the the week we are there opened up today, so I had my concierge quickly change us from the Pyramid Suite to the corner suite, but she said the hotel said the corner suite does not have any connecting rooms.

Your post above suggested it did, but now that I re-read it, I may have over-interpreted your comment and it may just be that with a hypothetical adjoining room, it would seem like the whole floor.

If you were able to get an adjoining room to the corner suite, I wonder if I am not in the same type of corner suite you are recommending, but my concierge said was a Club Tower Ocean Front Corner Suite.
There was a misinterpretation. The Club Tower floors have a grand total of six rooms (or therabouts) per floor. The corner suite takes up a large chunk of each floor. That's what I meant in terms of private floor. If you must have interior connecting door (rather than being literally feet apart on a club tower floor), then it won't work. For me, it'd be a no-brainer choice, as the corner suites are among my favorite hotel rooms on the planet, but to each their own.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by lighthouse206
For me, it'd be a no-brainer choice, as the corner suites are among my favorite hotel rooms on the planet, but to each their own.
I'm trusting you, random anonymous internet person, and I changed over to the corner suite. We'll see about moving the other room over to the club tower as well. Right now, that request was denied, but my concierge seems pretty persuasive, so we'll see.

Sincerely, the corner suite does look nicer than the pyramid suite, and the kids will think the balcony hot tub is pretty cool.
danbnash likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I stayed in a corner suite and am certain that they do not connect to other rooms.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:31 pm

Seaweed?

im going here next week. Does anyone who has stayed here recently have any comments on the seaweed concerns popping up everywhere?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo
im going here next week. Does anyone who has stayed here recently have any comments on the seaweed concerns popping up everywhere?
was there 2 weeks ago. It’s a problem on the ocean side. On the lagoon side there is sand and no seaweed issue.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:25 am

was there 2 weeks ago. It’s a problem on the ocean side. On the lagoon side there is sand and no seaweed issue.
thanks that’s good to know! Last time we were there we mostly stayed by the pools and the lagoon side so hopefully the smell won’t be a problem either! Excited - used points to book a pyramid suite and upgraded to a club ocean front master suite for an extra 120 per night. We’ll see how it goes!
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:06 am

thanks that’s good to know! Last time we were there we mostly stayed by the pools and the lagoon side so hopefully the smell won’t be a problem either! Excited - used points to book a pyramid suite and upgraded to a club ocean front master suite for an extra 120 per night. We’ll see how it goes!
nice! How many points was pyramid suite?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:27 am

nice! How many points was pyramid suite?
40k per night. The pyramid suite is nice (we stayed in one last year) but i wanted to try something new this year. It’s a surprise for the family and the upgrade was pretty affordable for what the difference is!
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:41 am

40k per night. The pyramid suite is nice (we stayed in one last year) but i wanted to try something new this year. It’s a surprise for the family and the upgrade was pretty affordable for what the difference is!
how many are in your family?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:46 am

how many are in your family?
4 total - 2 adults, 1 4 year old and 1 23 month old. I'm planning on paying the extra $110 a night for the 4 year old
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:14 pm

4 total - 2 adults, 1 4 year old and 1 23 month old. I'm planning on paying the extra $110 a night for the 4 year old
got it. I am a family of 5 and wondering if a master suite is doable with 5 or am I SOOL?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:18 pm

got it. I am a family of 5 and wondering if a master suite is doable with 5 or am I SOOL?
that’s a tough one. The room says max occupancy is 4 but at the end of the day, it won’t hurt to ask. I highly doubt if you showed up with the whole family they wouldn’t let you stay but that’s a calculation you’ll have to make. For what it’s worth, we recently stayed at the St. Regis Bal Harbour and the room max says 3 but we were able to stay with the family of 4 with no problems. Probably YMMV

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.