Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:39 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
The hotel should allow you to add your child for the cash co-pay upon arrival. WoH cannot do this for you in advance.

Points values are subjective. AI values are even more subjective. That's going to be up to you what you feel is worth it. As far as AIs in Cancun, Hyatt Ziva Cancun is a beautiful resort with decent food and excellent service. Though I don't believe 2 days are enough.
These two nights are at the tail end of my trip. I'll also book reward nights at IHG Cancun and Ritz Carlton Cancun. If it only costs $110 or so to add a child, then I should definitely pay with cash. I just feel that $0.018 is still a decent redemption value thought it is not optimal. I just do not feel like to spend $2,000 out of my pocket now or get to some lower-quality resorts. I can always earn more points from my Chase cards...
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:42 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo
I'm trying to plan a trip in August and I'm only getting 1.7 cents per point. I usually like to get at least 2 cents because I would have to transfer points from UR to do this. However, I'm thinking about doing it because I have the points and I don't see myself flying international premium class anytime soon (6 month and 3 year old)! I also inquired about upgrading to a suite and according to the CSR I spoke to, the data points of 6,000 points to upgrade are only if you pay cash for the base room. If you want to use points, it's 40,000 points for a suite. Thought people might be interested in that.
It costs 40,000 points to upgrade to a suite? What is the occupancy for the suite? When I called to book the rooms with points, it took the CSR quite some time to figure out how to do it.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
It costs 40,000 points to upgrade to a suite? What is the occupancy for the suite? When I called to book the rooms with points, it took the CSR quite some time to figure out how to do it.
That's a good question - I didn't book it yet so I didn't get into the fine details of occupancy. I will look into that at some point. I suspect it is still 2 people but that is pure speculation.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by benosufan
We are staying 3 nights on points and 4 on the certificates from Hyatt CC. The 4 free nights included the kids so no extra fees using the certificates. I wanted to book 2 rooms for the extra 3 nights but I was told they did not have adjoining rooms. So I opted to keep us all together in the same room at 50k points/night.

I just confirmed with concierge that we are upgraded to Ocean view for our entire stay. The free nights certificate and booking with points only gets you resort view.
Did you email to ask for the upgrade? Are you Discoverist? Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Amy Tessin
Did you email to ask for the upgrade? Are you Discoverist? Thanks
I too emailed the conceirge to ask for an upgrade for our an anniversary and was upgraded to an Ocean View.
We are staying 4 nights using the certificates with a family of four.

As far as the transportation to the hotel, I see some of you used the hotel if you were higher status. Is there any other options or are they the best to use?
Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by elk290
As far as the transportation to the hotel, I see some of you used the hotel if you were higher status. Is there any other options or are they the best to use?
Thank you in advance.
Look into USA Transfers or Canada Transfer. Both are reliable and you will pay 1/3 for transportation. You have to prearrange it (via their website).
levilevi and elk290 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:34 am

Look into USA Transfers or Canada Transfer. Both are reliable and you will pay 1/3 for transportation. You have to prearrange it (via their website).
+1

(We were there last month. Paid $55 round trip for 2 plus tip using USA Transfers. Big van but we were by ourselves)
elk290 and danbnash like this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy platinum
Try Cancun Express. Pay online with paypal. $22.00 each way for 2 people. plus tip to driver.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:30 am

Thanks appreciate the recommendation. Seems like it'll be 65 round trip for 4. Not bad. One more thing off the checklist!
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt
Hey Adam,

I took your advice and booked through USA Transfers, only question is what time do they pick you up the day you are departing cancun? It only asked for my flight departure time.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nickt1596
Hey Adam,

I took your advice and booked through USA Transfers, only question is what time do they pick you up the day you are departing cancun? It only asked for my flight departure time.
3 hours before your flight departure time. A few hours after you book online, they will email you the "vouchers" which will have your pick-up time listed. You can always email them back if you desire a slightly earlier or later pick-up...but usually 3 hours before departure is perfect.
levilevi likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by elk290
Thanks appreciate the recommendation. Seems like it'll be 65 round trip for 4. Not bad. One more thing off the checklist!
You're welcome.

A tip for all: After you exit the Customs hall, DO NOT talk to anyone in the "car rental / information / book your excursions" hall. Keep walking until you are outside the building and over there you will see dozens of representatives from various companies and you can find USA Transfers greeters a few feet away.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:57 pm

agree with this - we took USA Transfers as well - its a little "sensory overload" but you'll find them.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by thenumblehigwoo
I just called and they said it is $110 per day for a child.
I talked to them through FB messenger and I was told that they don’t offer a family plan rate for a second room. Who should I be talking to, the Hyatt reservations phone line or the hotel?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ryn996

I talked to them through FB messenger and I was told that they don’t offer a family plan rate for a second room. Who should I be talking to, the Hyatt reservations phone line or the hotel?
That’s because you are not getting a second room. $110/night child add-on means to your existing room (as long as you are under the max occupancy for your room-type).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.