Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10

Yes. The Club Corner Suite is newer and more modern. And the building is 16 floors high so a chance of better views (pyramid tower is only 3-4 stories high).

MommyPoints has a good write up on the Pyramid Suite. Google her site for it and you should be able to get a better idea about it.
Yeah I did read over that post a few days ago, it does seem like a nice suite for sure. I just wish I could find a good write up like that about the Club Corner Suite to be able to compare it a bit more.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:51 am

Does hotel offered fresh cocount?I’m consider go to Ziva or GH PDC next month
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by mmills06
Do you mind sharing which email you used? Heading there next month!
I 2nd this. Can someone provide a current email for upgrade options? Willing to pay for an upgrade.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:49 am

Anyone know if it's possible to pay the additional person charge with cash, on an award stay? This will be the first time having to pay for my 3 year old, and 12,500 extra in points seems a bit much.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by wangjie564032
Does hotel offered fresh cocount?I’m consider go to Ziva or GH PDC next month
I don't recall there being fresh coconuts at Ziva Cancun when we were there last July (nor the other times). I know its not coconuts, but they did have a guy walking around with a cart of mangos (spiced, optional).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Nickt1596
Yeah I did read over that post a few days ago, it does seem like a nice suite for sure. I just wish I could find a good write up like that about the Club Corner Suite to be able to compare it a bit more.
We've stayed in most of the suites (Pyramid, Club Corner, Club Master, Presidential). We only stayed in the Pyramid Suite for a night as I didn't feel it was safe for our 2 year old. We much preferred the other suites anyway. Didn't much like the walk from the Pyramid Suite to the elevators, whereas all the rooms in the Club tower are pretty much next to an elevator. It's a small thing, but something that bothered me. Let me know what other questions you have, and I'll do my best to answer.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by ajshin27
We've stayed in most of the suites (Pyramid, Club Corner, Club Master, Presidential). We only stayed in the Pyramid Suite for a night as I didn't feel it was safe for our 2 year old. We much preferred the other suites anyway. Didn't much like the walk from the Pyramid Suite to the elevators, whereas all the rooms in the Club tower are pretty much next to an elevator. It's a small thing, but something that bothered me. Let me know what other questions you have, and I'll do my best to answer.
The suite upgrade award uses pyramid or club ocean front corner, correct? looks like those are the 2 standard types and I think i'm booked into pyramid but I'm requesting a change to corner.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by shakim
The suite upgrade award uses pyramid or club ocean front corner, correct? looks like those are the 2 standard types and I think i'm booked into pyramid but I'm requesting a change to corner.
Not sure if its changed, but they only allowed our suite upgrade award to be used on the Pyramid Suite, though they allowed us to switch to the club corner suite at the resort at no charge.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:47 pm

I am hoping to get so advice on what you believe would be best for me. Me and my girlfriend are going to Ziva for a full week in June, I already called up and booked for the week in a standard room and inquired about a suite upgrade using points, I was offered an upgrade to either the Club Ocean Front Corner Suite or the Pyramid Suite for 6,000 points a night. I choice the Corner Suite for now but she said I can change it by calling in. But now I am thinking if I should be trying to stay in the Turquoise Tower? Me and my girlfriend are in our young 20s although not much of a party type. I would like the best room possible and hope to get some insight from you all!
I believe you will enjoy the Club Ocean Front Corner Suite vs a standard room in the Turqouize tower. After many visits there, I have come to the conclusion that Club tower is the best (unless you are someone who wants access to the Turqouize adults-only pool).

Welcome to FlyerTalk! ^
Thanks so much for the feedback! Would you think that Suite would be better then the Pyramid Suite which was also offered to me?
Was there a year ago - saw both suites and upgraded to the Club Ocean Front Corner - granted, different scenario (young child with us), but I loved the corner suite - two balconies (not wrap around) with different views, great service, and spread out space, bathroom, etc... club tower was really nice I thought, and not noisy - lobby of club tower has kids running around here and there sometimes, but if that bothers you... ?

Pyramid suite is cool-looking, but really like the club corner layout/space better.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ajshin27
Anyone know if it's possible to pay the additional person charge with cash, on an award stay? This will be the first time having to pay for my 3 year old, and 12,500 extra in points seems a bit much.
Yes. I believe it’s $125 per day for children.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by levilevi
Was there a year ago - saw both suites and upgraded to the Club Ocean Front Corner - granted, different scenario (young child with us), but I loved the corner suite - two balconies (not wrap around) with different views, great service, and spread out space, bathroom, etc... club tower was really nice I thought, and not noisy - lobby of club tower has kids running around here and there sometimes, but if that bothers you... ?

Pyramid suite is cool-looking, but really like the club corner layout/space better.
Awesome thank you so much. I was actually able to e-mail the Hyatt Ziva Cancun and asked about any additional possible upgrades from my club corner suite. They offered me the Club Master Suite for only an extra $30/night so I went ahead and took advantage of that.
CodeAdam10 and levilevi like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:08 pm

Yes. I believe it’s $125 per day for children.
I just called and they said it is $110 per day for a child.
CodeAdam10 and levilevi like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:25 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just want to hear your opinion. I booked two nights of stays at Ziva Cancun in late May. For a family of 5, I had to book two rooms. So it is 62,500 points total for each night. So I emptied all my 125,000 Hyatt points. The redemption value is about $0.016 to $0.018/pp. I tried to pay the cash ($110?) for a 10-year old. But was told that I can't mix points and cash.

Here I'm just not sure if the 12,500/person (or about $225/person) is too high at Cancun. There are various cheaper all-inclusive resorts. Then I would be spending cash $$ for those stays.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Just want to hear your opinion. I booked two nights of stays at Ziva Cancun in late May. For a family of 5, I had to book two rooms. So it is 62,500 points total for each night. So I emptied all my 125,000 Hyatt points. The redemption value is about $0.016 to $0.018/pp. I tried to pay the cash ($110?) for a 10-year old. But was told that I can't mix points and cash.

Here I'm just not sure if the 12,500/person (or about $225/person) is too high at Cancun. There are various cheaper all-inclusive resorts. Then I would be spending cash $$ for those stays.
The hotel should allow you to add your child for the cash co-pay upon arrival. WoH cannot do this for you in advance.

Points values are subjective. AI values are even more subjective. That's going to be up to you what you feel is worth it. As far as AIs in Cancun, Hyatt Ziva Cancun is a beautiful resort with decent food and excellent service. Though I don't believe 2 days are enough.
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by RedSun

I'm trying to plan a trip in August and I'm only getting 1.7 cents per point. I usually like to get at least 2 cents because I would have to transfer points from UR to do this. However, I'm thinking about doing it because I have the points and I don't see myself flying international premium class anytime soon (6 month and 3 year old)! I also inquired about upgrading to a suite and according to the CSR I spoke to, the data points of 6,000 points to upgrade are only if you pay cash for the base room. If you want to use points, it's 40,000 points for a suite. Thought people might be interested in that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.