Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:09 am

Anyone knows the current rate for adding a kid to the point booking? My concierge called the hotel and told me that it is $160 + tax/fees per kid per night. Is this right? BTW - my stay will be the Thanksgiving week. Thanks for any info.

Another question - do they have any specialty restaurant that we need to pay surcharge to dine? If so, how much and whether it is worth the money? Thanks,
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:38 pm

This might be the new normal. My experience at both Ziva Cap Cana and Ziva Cancun was an additional $150 per extra adult. I received word from my concierge that at Cap Cana, that has now increased to $180, so this could be something new across all Playa operated resorts.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by MidnightEnnui
This might be the new normal. My experience at both Ziva Cap Cana and Ziva Cancun was an additional $150 per extra adult. I received word from my concierge that at Cap Cana, that has now increased to $180, so this could be something new across all Playa operated resorts.
Thanks for the info. I am OK with the $180 per adult given the inflation situation. However, the $160 per kid is kind of too high IMO, given that kids hardly eat as much as adults, not to mention alcoholic beverages.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:04 pm

We just came back from a week trip. The club desk person told me additional child is 160 and additional adult is 320. It used to be 110 and 210.
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by tonysmom
We just came back from a week trip. The club desk person told me additional child is 160 and additional adult is 320. It used to be 110 and 210.
Thanks a lot for the info. With 160 per kid rate, I would need to burn 320 per night for my 2 young kids. I have better way to spend the 320 per night, such as at Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen.
Beachchaser likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know if they have resumed allowing dining at the Zilara restaurants? (Property hopping)
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Ziva Award Nights During HIgh Season (Christmas/New Years)

Hi All,

Thinking about doing a trip here but have limited window for vacation, and wanted to leverage stay using points. Was wondering if Ziva Cancun releases award rooms for Christmas/New Year's, and if the rate is inflated or has a surcharge.

Couldn't find any award nights for this year, obviously... and would like to know if I need to make some mattress runs and Hyatt credit card applications should award nights be possible during those times.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Hi All,

Thinking about doing a trip here but have limited window for vacation, and wanted to leverage stay using points. Was wondering if Ziva Cancun releases award rooms for Christmas/New Year's, and if the rate is inflated or has a surcharge.

Couldn't find any award nights for this year, obviously... and would like to know if I need to make some mattress runs and Hyatt credit card applications should award nights be possible during those times.

Thanks in advance.
That is most likely peak dates so 29k per night per double occupancy room, due to rates approaching or exceeding 1k per night during this week award nights go fast.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
Hyatt Ziva Cancun

Checked in today as globalist after booking king suite with sofa bed resort view. Upgraded to double suite ocean view with our 12 year old. Only charged $90 per night for the child. Stayed at Ziva Cap Cana in April and I think we paid at least $120 per night. We received a butler during our stay at Cap Cana, but no mention of a butler here. Is that typical?
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:22 am

After many months of checking daily for our September trip, I was informed pyramid suites are no longer available for upgrades using TSU. Only club corner rooms are eligible now.

Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Theicom
After many months of checking daily for our September trip, I was informed pyramid suites are no longer available for upgrades using TSU. Only club corner rooms are eligible now.

Very unfortunate...
Old Sep 9, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Do you not get points for paid upgrades here? I just completed a 4 night stay booked with points for a standard room and a paid upgrade to Turquoise Tower. The upgrade isn't even on my bill (only transportation and gift shop charges).
Old Sep 9, 2022, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by strickerj
Do you not get points for paid upgrades here? I just completed a 4 night stay booked with points for a standard room and a paid upgrade to Turquoise Tower. The upgrade isn't even on my bill (only transportation and gift shop charges).
send hyatt a Facebook or Twitter message 3 days after your stay, I have been credited 0 points on 2 stays, also I didn't earn points for cabana rentals.
strickerj likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
send hyatt a Facebook or Twitter message 3 days after your stay, I have been credited 0 points on 2 stays, also I didn't earn points for cabana rentals.
Are cabana rentals not eligible for points?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:54 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
There are many reports, including myself, where there are issues with points postings of Ziva/Zilara, especially if prepaid. You need to complain. Cabanas and other incidentials would earn points.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.