Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Here now. Thongs galore.
etsmyers and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:36 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by Daftryan
Eagerly awaiting your wife pics here.
The good ones are and will be on MeWe, not here!!!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
The good ones are and will be on MeWe, not here!!!
... is MeWe?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:15 am

I am booked into a Ocean Front Pyramid Suite with a TSU for an upcoming trip. A Club Ocean Front Corner Suite has become available as well with a TSU. Anyone have recommendations for one over another? I'll be traveling with two young kids if that makes a difference. Leaning toward the Club Corner since the bi-level seems less useful, but I have never been to this resort so do not know the differences in location, etc. that might be important factors.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
I am booked into a Ocean Front Pyramid Suite with a TSU for an upcoming trip. A Club Ocean Front Corner Suite has become available as well with a TSU. Anyone have recommendations for one over another? I'll be traveling with two young kids if that makes a difference. Leaning toward the Club Corner since the bi-level seems less useful, but I have never been to this resort so do not know the differences in location, etc. that might be important factors.
I have never stayed in the Pryamid suite, but stayed in the Club Corner 3 times with 3xkids. Love the corner suite and fits the needs very well.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 5:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Anyone have any advice as to where the best cabana location is? Looks like they're divided into two sections: Sahara and Norte.
\Leaning towards Norte, but curious if anyone has any experience.

Also, what's the seating availability in the adults-only pool in the TT? Are there chars available?

I'm in the TT for 4 nights later this month. I'd like to spend at least one day in a cabana, as my wife likes the sun more than I do.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Are folks using usa transfers to get to the resort from the airport or something else? Not there until next month and want to work that logistics part out.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:31 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Are folks using usa transfers to get to the resort from the airport or something else? Not there until next month and want to work that logistics part out.
I used both USA and CANADA Transfers. both very good and reliable.
levilevi and cuthroat like this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
I have used usa transfers on all 4 of my visits, I highly recommend them.
levilevi likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
How young?

I put one of our family with teenagers at Pyramid. With 2 floors, that give the family more space and privacy. Not all Pyramid suite has hot tub on the balcony, so we requested and luckily they assigned one for us.

Took 2 Club corner suites for the rest of the families. Being on top of the club with a bar and open fridge (during operation hours), a larger hot tub, view of both sides of the property from higher floor....., this is our party's preference.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by 168
How young?

I put one of our family with teenagers at Pyramid. With 2 floors, that give the family more space and privacy. Not all Pyramid suite has hot tub on the balcony, so we requested and luckily they assigned one for us.

Took 2 Club corner suites for the rest of the families. Being on top of the club with a bar and open fridge (during operation hours), a larger hot tub, view of both sides of the property from higher floor....., this is our party's preference.
Kids are 7 and 6. I went ahead and switched to the Club Corner. They don't need the privacy of a separate floor and wouldn't want to sleep on a separate floor. The Club actually gives us a little more privacy because the queen sofa bed is in the living instead of the bedroom.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
My wife and I booked 2 standard rooms with points (a king room and a 2 bed room) for this winter. There will be five us. My wife, myself, our teenager, our six-year old, and our four-year old. The reservation as currently made indicates that 4 people are on the reservation (as a points reservation is for 2 people per room). Should I call the resort in advance to add the four-year old to the reservation? If I wait until showing up is that fine? Also, my impression is that sometimes the desk agent won't charge for the extra person (and sometimes will). Any reason not to just wait until check-in and see if they will charge the $110/day for the four-year old.
Also, we have requested connecting rooms. Obviously, that is based upon availability, but do you think that will be an issue? Also, the account holder should be an Explorist at the time we will be at the resort.
Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2021, 6:07 pm

It seems that Alexandre de Brouwer is no longer the general manager of Ziva Cancun. Does anyone know who the new GM is? and his email address?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by FLYERIL
My wife and I booked 2 standard rooms with points (a king room and a 2 bed room) for this winter. There will be five us. My wife, myself, our teenager, our six-year old, and our four-year old. The reservation as currently made indicates that 4 people are on the reservation (as a points reservation is for 2 people per room). Should I call the resort in advance to add the four-year old to the reservation? If I wait until showing up is that fine? Also, my impression is that sometimes the desk agent won't charge for the extra person (and sometimes will). Any reason not to just wait until check-in and see if they will charge the $110/day for the four-year old.
Also, we have requested connecting rooms. Obviously, that is based upon availability, but do you think that will be an issue? Also, the account holder should be an Explorist at the time we will be at the resort.
Thanks
ymmv but the price of adding the 5th person could be way more at arrival than in advance, also when you get the price for the 5th by email that is in writing essentially.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:41 pm

Anyone can help with contact email of GM or supervisors at Ziva Cancun, please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.