Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: hyatt gold passport, united mileage explorer
Originally Posted by avfreedman
Hello all!

I have an upcoming reservation (myself and two others) in April. I used two free nights from the Hyatt credit card sign-up bonus and I'm paying for the third. I was only allowed to book a standard room (double bed) with the credit card nights (garden view, not ocean view) and the third paid night is the same.

I'm curious: As a Hyatt Platinum member, what's my odds of getting an upgrade upon arrival to an ocean facing view or higher floor? Or maybe a swim-up?

I know it's subject to availability, just curious on if any other Platinums have had success.

Thanks!
im platinum and was upgraded to a club tower Jr Suite although it was really them compensating me for a big mistake on their end
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who had been to both Ziva and Zilara, which one is better? I understand you can dine at both no matter which one you stay. Ziva rate is usually lower but they are comparable for my dates.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TerryK
For those who had been to both Ziva and Zilara, which one is better? I understand you can dine at both no matter which one you stay. Ziva rate is usually lower but they are comparable for my dates.
Depends. Can you give a bit of detail about your trip and for what you're looking?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Los Cabos OR Ziva/Zilara Rose Hall are both better.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Just checked out of the hotel. Came down for a long weekend to check things out, we were interested in having our wedding here next year. Everything was excellent, we had a great time. We are nearly set on it being our first choice for the wedding next year, just have to confirm we can get a good group room rate for our guests to seal the deal. Service and food were excellent everywhere. Great recognition and treatment as a Diamond. The property grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Crystal clear blue water that almost "glows." Perfect, soft white sand. Would highly recommend the Ziva Cancun to anyone who is interested. We stayed at the Ziva Rose Hall last month, and actually give the edge to Cancun for a better beach/water. Both great hotels though.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:46 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Is it possible to book these properties via Cash and Points?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Is it possible to book these properties via Cash and Points?
No, it is not.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:31 am

I'm looking forward to my trip coming up in April!

A few quick questions:
1. I have a standard (garden view double) room booked via the two Hyatt credit card nights. I was hoping to upgrade when I got there via Platinum status, but I see now on the website only Ocean View Masters are left (I need a double... or could maybe do a roll-away bed). How terrible is the "garden view" - should I be calling Hyatt now and pay for the upgrade, if a room is even still available?

2. I saw some mixed reviews about the restaurants there and was curious how the seafood was? I was hoping one of the restaurants had lobster but I'm not seeing it on the website menu. I suppose all-inclusive lobster would be pushing it haha.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National EE, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I'm going for my honeymoon. As of now i booked 1 night in the ziva and 1 in the zilara using my 2 sign up nights.. Which one should i take for both nights? As a platinum i'd like to factor in which hotel do i have a better chance of being upgraded in. TIA.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:30 pm
soy

Programs: various
How is the experience as a platinum versus diamond at the ziva?
Given it is an all inclusive, club access seems a less significant benefit, so that would leave suite upgrade as the main difference, which itself is mitigated by how much/little time will be spent in the room.

At some hotels elite status can make a massive difference in the guest experience, so just wondering if this the case here.

I have 2 certs to use. I can go Nov this year (as plat) or wait until March when I should be diamond. (I have 7 nights in Dec that will push me over the line for diamond).
I will be adding some paid nights to the certs. Rates are better in Nov, so is diamond treatment worth the +$150 a night that March will cost me?

Last edited by soy; Apr 6, 2016 at 8:56 am
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:25 pm

Went as diamond last month. Upgraded to club room. It's a nice room but wasn't a suite or anything.

We really didn't spend much time in the room. The resort has so many nice pools and beaches.

The only thing we used at the club lounge was to grab some Coke zeros or Sprite zeros in the can which they do not have at the bars or restaurant.

Interesting fact: Mexican Fresca is not zero calories. It's fully loaded. Was wondering why it tasted so much better

Originally Posted by soy
How is the experience as a platinum versus diamond at the ziva?
Given it is an all inclusive, club access seems a less significant benefit, so that would leave suite upgrade as the main difference, which itself is mitigated by how much/little time will be spent in the room.

At some hotels elite status can make a massive difference in the guest experience, so just wondering if this the case here.

I have 2 certs to use. I can go Nov this year (as plat) or wait until March when I should be diamond. (I have 7 nights in Dec that will push me over the line for diamond).
I will be adding some paid nights to the certs. Rates are better in Nov, so is diamond treatment worth the +$150 a night that March will cost me?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:27 pm

No contest. As of now ziva is hands down better. We don't have kids and stayed two nights at zilara and two at ziva.

Ziva is waaaay better even for people who have kids.

Originally Posted by TerryK
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I have not stayed at Ziva (yet) but used 4 free nights at Zilara and it might have been the most enjoyable vacation I have ever done.
I really liked that the hotel was only one room deep and all rooms had oceanfront views. Also because the hotel is wide, only 5 floors, and only one room deep, the people to beachfront ratio was favorable and we always had a cabana.
Also no kids was a HHUUGGEE plus for me.

I will probably try Ziva on points based on the good reviews and the fact that it is 5k/night cheaper on points.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:42 pm

Had a 4 night stay as a diamond about 2 weeks after they opened. Pretty much no Diamond recognition. Didn't even give me the room I had confirmed (used a DSU for the Pyramid Suite, was given a Swim-up King). Lots of little other problems, but seems like mostly favorable reviews now. Might have to give them another try.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:46 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
How are people redeeming free nights? it seems like they never have award inventory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.