FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1725097-hyatt-ziva-cancun-review-master-thread.html)

Daftryan Oct 23, 2020 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 (Post 32768351)
That’s what I was thinking as well in regards to entree portion sizing. We may have to try that!

How do you make the reservations? And are they able to be made prior to arrival? We are going on a weekend so it may be busier, just wondering.

There's a button you press on your in-room phone that connects you to the reservations line. It's super easy. We were there over a weekend + a couple weekdays and honestly didn't need to make reservations anywhere. I would estimate the whole resort was at 20% capacity MAX.

Matt4200 Oct 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan (Post 32768915)
There's a button you press on your in-room phone that connects you to the reservations line. It's super easy. We were there over a weekend + a couple weekdays and honestly didn't need to make reservations anywhere. I would estimate the whole resort was at 20% capacity MAX.

Nice! That’s great to know, hopefully it stays at the lower capacity end for our stay too. :)

Beachchaser Oct 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 (Post 32767126)
I do have a question about that does All Inclusive mean all you can eat or is it just 1 meal per person at the restaurant? May want to try 2 meals in case one we don’t like as All Inclusive tends to have a little lower quality from what people have said.

As far as tip what’s average/good? Last time we were in Mexico we had 3 Adults and ordered 3 meals at a fancy Italian Restaurant (all servers/staff were in suits) along with plenty of alcohol total was about $30 left a $5 tip waiter was amazingly happy. I know in other countries tipping is a bit taboo (some even take it offensively), the exception being resorts like Ziva.

Based on the response from the property and that they’re still selling Club Rooms I’d assume it’s open or they’re doing something additional for those with Club Rooms/Suites.

other than the spa, lobster, upgraded wine/champagne and tomahawk ribeye and surf and turf dinner night (don't think I'm missing anything) its all inclusive, the waiter at the French restaurant actually suggested an entrée, we ordered something else but he knew we would like it so he brought us the haikh fish and filet for our group of 4 to share. Tipping is discretionary but we tipped $1 per drink (bar and coffee shop), $3 a day for housekeeping, $3 to $5 for breakfast, $5 for lunch and $7 to $10 for dinner except for the French restaurant where we gave Marco $15 as his service was extraordinary, the workers will give you great service regardless but they make $8 usd per week before tips so you definitely want to rearward them for their service.

Matt4200 Oct 24, 2020 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Beachchaser (Post 32769156)
other than the spa, lobster, upgraded wine/champagne and tomahawk ribeye and surf and turf dinner night (don't think I'm missing anything) its all inclusive, the waiter at the French restaurant actually suggested an entrée, we ordered something else but he knew we would like it so he brought us the haikh fish and filet for our group of 4 to share. Tipping is discretionary but we tipped $1 per drink (bar and coffee shop), $3 a day for housekeeping, $3 to $5 for breakfast, $5 for lunch and $7 to $10 for dinner except for the French restaurant where we gave Marco $15 as his service was extraordinary, the workers will give you great service regardless but they make $8 usd per week before tips so you definitely want to rearward them for their service.

Perfect! Thanks for the great tips :)

vivimkk Oct 26, 2020 10:54 am

I'm staying at the hotels next Friday and want to ask for a upgrade as explorist.
I heard they email weeks before arrival about accommodation and thinking about ask for it during the email, but I still haven't got anything yet, is this normal?

vivimkk Oct 26, 2020 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Daftryan (Post 32766441)
I just got back from a 4 night stay here. As an Explorist got upgraded from regular room to corner king ocean view with bathtub. This hotel was AWESOME and there couldn't have been more than 20% guest capacity. Magnificent stay and would go back in a heartbeat. The Moongate (asian hibachi restaurant) is fantastic for dinner while Habaneros (mexican right on the beach) made a perfect lunch. I miss it all already.

Did you ask for upgrade before ariival or did they just upgraded during check in?

Daftryan Oct 26, 2020 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by vivimkk (Post 32773987)
Did you ask for upgrade before ariival or did they just upgraded during check in?

I got the notification on my Hyatt app while I was still at DFW AAdmirals Club.

Orange County Commuter Nov 9, 2020 1:37 pm

I am looking at a stay here later this month.

I am a "Discoverist" so no expectation of much in the way of recognition.

I am just trying to decide if it's worth paying the extra for the Turquioze Tower or just stay with club. It's several hundred more to do TT than Club. I know I get the "private pool" but in truth I am not a pool person and will spend 90% of my time on the beach. SO the only real thing I think I get is a lounge without kids (which might be worth something)

For comparison point, my prior stays have been at the Iberostar Grand Pariaso if anyone has stayed there.

I welcome any feedback!

Thanks!

Zelucifer Nov 10, 2020 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter (Post 32808078)
I am looking at a stay here later this month.

I am a "Discoverist" so no expectation of much in the way of recognition.

I am just trying to decide if it's worth paying the extra for the Turquioze Tower or just stay with club. It's several hundred more to do TT than Club. I know I get the "private pool" but in truth I am not a pool person and will spend 90% of my time on the beach. SO the only real thing I think I get is a lounge without kids (which might be worth something)

For comparison point, my prior stays have been at the Iberostar Grand Pariaso if anyone has stayed there.

I welcome any feedback!

Thanks!

If it's just the lounge, it's not worth it. The club rooms have a nicer lounge, and even that is fairly minimal. The Turquoise rooms are significantly larger if that matters to you and they have (small) private hot tubs on the balcony.

BookerT Nov 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Anyone down there right now? We are scheduled to head down at the end of next week and am interested to hear where occupancy is and how things feel there in general.

boryane Nov 24, 2020 6:44 am

We are here now and it doesn’t feel crowded. Yesterday they said they were at 40% occupancy (capped at 50% by local government).

We were here late last year when occupancy was closer to 95%, and it did feel fairly crowded then.

We have only done outdoor dining at the Mercado buffet, and haven’t waited more than a couple minutes for a table. They recommend you make a reservation at the other sit-down restaurants, but I can’t confirm how necessary that is.

BookerT Nov 24, 2020 8:13 am

Originally Posted by boryane (Post 32840960)
We are here now and it doesn’t feel crowded. Yesterday they said they were at 40% occupancy (capped at 50% by local government).

We were here late last year when occupancy was closer to 95%, and it did feel fairly crowded then.

We have only done outdoor dining at the Mercado buffet, and haven’t waited more than a couple minutes for a table. They recommend you make a reservation at the other sit-down restaurants, but I can’t confirm how necessary that is.

Thank you! It was about 90% full when we were there in January and it never felt over-crowded, so 40% has got to feel pretty empty.

halamadrid Nov 26, 2020 1:54 pm

Can someone comment (based on recent experience) on the quality of their WiFi -both in room and throughout the property. Is the quality good enough to sustain Zoom meetings? Thanks.

parrotheadmjb Nov 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid (Post 32846248)
Can someone comment (based on recent experience) on the quality of their WiFi -both in room and throughout the property. Is the quality good enough to sustain Zoom meetings? Thanks.

Wasn't that fast from my room, my connection struggled.

halamadrid Nov 26, 2020 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb (Post 32846524)
Wasn't that fast from my room, my connection struggled.

Thanks...that's worrisome.