Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 21, 20, 11:48 pm

Question -

Do Globalists automatically receive Club Access?

I had emailed the property after reading through posts of stays here indicating Club Access would only be provided if you paid for (or were upgraded to) a Club Room. The property essentially said Globalists do not receive automatic Club Access unless they are upgraded to or pay for a Club Access Room.

I’m a bit confused as it seems to run contrary to Hyatt’s T&C.

d) Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion. (For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Globalists will instead be provided with daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.) Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Not valid at Miraval, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, at the Laurel Inn, the Hotel del Sol, Ventana Campground, or at any Destination Residences location except the following (at which breakfast will be available to Globalist guests in accordance with the above terms): The Lodge at Spruce Peak; Resort at Squaw Creek.”

No mention of an exclusion for Ziva, which should mean Club Access should be conferred to all staying Globalists.

Thoughts on this?
Old Yesterday, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Question -

Thoughts on this?
I'm not sure but the club isn't anything to get excited about. Unless I missed something when I stayed there, it is just the lobby of the club tower and features a few drink fridges, rotating light food and snacks, and a small bar. Nothing you can't get elsewhere at the property.

I'd avoid any hot food at the club anyway. I am an early riser and would see the hot breakfast items appear about an hour before anyone came by to turn on the heat lamps. That same food appeared to remain throughout the morning.
Old Yesterday, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by BookerT View Post
I'm not sure but the club isn't anything to get excited about. Unless I missed something when I stayed there, it is just the lobby of the club tower and features a few drink fridges, rotating light food and snacks, and a small bar. Nothing you can't get elsewhere at the property.

I'd avoid any hot food at the club anyway. I am an early riser and would see the hot breakfast items appear about an hour before anyone came by to turn on the heat lamps. That same food appeared to remain throughout the morning.
They don't guard the club lounge here anyone can visit it, there are two entrances the one across from the spa doesn't lock the one by the pool needs a key card. The only thing that is limited is the punta vista if you aren't in the turquoise tower you can't get into it.
Old Yesterday, 7:27 am

Question -

I had emailed the property after reading through posts of stays here indicating Club Access would only be provided if you paid for (or were upgraded to) a Club Room. The property essentially said Globalists do not receive automatic Club Access unless they are upgraded to or pay for a Club Access Room.

I’m a bit confused as it seems to run contrary to Hyatt’s T&C.

d) Club Lounge Access: When staying at a participating hotel or resort that has a Club lounge, Globalists will receive access to the Club lounge. When staying at a participating hotel or resort that does not have a Club lounge (or if Club lounge is closed), Globalists will receive daily complimentary full breakfast (which includes one entrée or standard breakfast buffet, juice, and coffee, as well as tax, gratuity and service charges) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children. The age cut-off for a “child” is determined by each hotel or resort in its sole discretion. (For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, Globalists will instead be provided with daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) for each registered guest in the room, up to a maximum of two (2) adults and two (2) children.) Breakfast benefit (where provided) is not valid for in-room dining. Not valid at Miraval, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, at the Laurel Inn, the Hotel del Sol, Ventana Campground, or at any Destination Residences location except the following (at which breakfast will be available to Globalist guests in accordance with the above terms): The Lodge at Spruce Peak; Resort at Squaw Creek.”

No mention of an exclusion for Ziva, which should mean Club Access should be conferred to all staying Globalists.

Thoughts on this?
club access for globalist is very ymmv but tbh the club food and drinks are pretty average from what I have heard. Also if you use a suite upgrade you can book into a club corner suite that will grant you club access.
Old Yesterday, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by BookerT View Post

Never stayed All Inclusive, but I like the option of having snacks, beverages available without having to sit down at a restaurant, even take some back to the room.

Would there be a way to get that without the Club?

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb View Post
They don't guard the club lounge here anyone can visit it, there are two entrances the one across from the spa doesn't lock the one by the pool needs a key card. The only thing that is limited is the punta vista if you aren't in the turquoise tower you can't get into it.
Originally Posted by Beachchaser View Post
club access for globalist is very ymmv but tbh the club food and drinks are pretty average from what I have heard. Also if you use a suite upgrade you can book into a club corner suite that will grant you club access.
It’s really strange since the terms support that Globalists should be receiving Club Access.

I know it’s nothing special, but having snacks and drinks readily available just to grab and go is pretty beneficial.

The downside to booking into the Club Access Corner Suite is:

A) You shouldn’t have to if Club Access should already be conferred based on Globalist status.

B) The Pyramid Suite is much nicer and larger as a Standard Suite. You can’t book it though if you want Club Access because it doesn’t give access to the Club.

Ideally we’d like to book the Pyramid Suite and get Club Lounge Access just for quick daily snacks/beverages not for hot foods.
Old Yesterday, 4:34 pm

I just got back from a 4 night stay here. As an Explorist got upgraded from regular room to corner king ocean view with bathtub. This hotel was AWESOME and there couldn't have been more than 20% guest capacity. Magnificent stay and would go back in a heartbeat. The Moongate (asian hibachi restaurant) is fantastic for dinner while Habaneros (mexican right on the beach) made a perfect lunch. I miss it all already.
Old Yesterday, 4:38 pm

B) The Pyramid Suite is much nicer and larger as a Standard Suite. You can’t book it though if you want Club Access because it doesn’t give access to the Club.

Ideally we’d like to book the Pyramid Suite and get Club Lounge Access just for quick daily snacks/beverages not for hot foods.
Fyi, the club ocean front corner suite is Significantly nicer than the Pyramid suite. Newer, better maintained, better location, etc. TSU's book into both. There's a 24 hour grab and go place, as well as room service.
Old Yesterday, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
Fyi, the club ocean front corner suite is Significantly nicer than the Pyramid suite. Newer, better maintained, better location, etc. TSU's book into both. There's a 24 hour grab and go place, as well as room service.
Thanks for the info -

Is the grab and go and room service explained at check in or a learn as you go thing?

I’ve seen threads mention Globalists get more premium entrees at the two best restaurants is that accurate or hit or miss?

Really appreciate the pre-stay info as it’ll make it easier to guide through things and relax more.
Old Yesterday, 9:05 pm

Never stayed All Inclusive, but I like the option of having snacks, beverages available without having to sit down at a restaurant, even take some back to the room.

Would there be a way to get that without the Club?

It’s really strange since the terms support that Globalists should be receiving Club Access.

I know it’s nothing special, but having snacks and drinks readily available just to grab and go is pretty beneficial.

The downside to booking into the Club Access Corner Suite is:

A) You shouldn’t have to if Club Access should already be conferred based on Globalist status.

there is a food truck by the main pool, the Italian restaurant has let us order pizzas to go (they just put them on a plate). Just make sure to tip these hard working people well and you will be treated like absolute royalty.
Old Yesterday, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
I believe the 24 hour lounge is temporarily closed as its a makeshift business center unless that has changed.
Old Yesterday, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Daftryan View Post
I just got back from a 4 night stay here. As an Explorist got upgraded from regular room to corner king ocean view with bathtub. This hotel was AWESOME and there couldn't have been more than 20% guest capacity. Magnificent stay and would go back in a heartbeat. The Moongate (asian hibachi restaurant) is fantastic for dinner while Habaneros (mexican right on the beach) made a perfect lunch. I miss it all already.
habaneros was a letdown for us as we love tacos, hopefully it has changed for the better.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 pm

there is a food truck by the main pool, the Italian restaurant has let us order pizzas to go (they just put them on a plate). Just make sure to tip these hard working people well and you will be treated like absolute royalty.
I do have a question about that does All Inclusive mean all you can eat or is it just 1 meal per person at the restaurant? May want to try 2 meals in case one we don’t like as All Inclusive tends to have a little lower quality from what people have said.

As far as tip what’s average/good? Last time we were in Mexico we had 3 Adults and ordered 3 meals at a fancy Italian Restaurant (all servers/staff were in suits) along with plenty of alcohol total was about $30 left a $5 tip waiter was amazingly happy. I know in other countries tipping is a bit taboo (some even take it offensively), the exception being resorts like Ziva.

I believe the 24 hour lounge is temporarily closed as its a makeshift business center unless that has changed.
Based on the response from the property and that they’re still selling Club Rooms I’d assume it’s open or they’re doing something additional for those with Club Rooms/Suites.
Old Today, 11:53 am

I do have a question about that does All Inclusive mean all you can eat or is it just 1 meal per person at the restaurant? May want to try 2 meals in case one we don’t like as All Inclusive tends to have a little lower quality from what people have said.
It is truly all you can eat and it is GOOD. My wife and I ordered 3 entrees for the 2 of us at Tradewinds and no one batted an inch- we had a massive steak, a fish, and an octopus. Yummmm.
Old Today, 12:05 pm

It is truly all you can eat and it is GOOD. My wife and I ordered 3 entrees for the 2 of us at Tradewinds and no one batted an inch- we had a massive steak, a fish, and an octopus. Yummmm.
yea it's definitely whatever you want. I made reservations for two restaurants one night. I had sushi and sake as an app then moved on to lorenzo's for dinner then ended up eating buffalo wings at tres cervasas. I ordered two entrees at the la bastille because entrees at all inclusives tend to be smaller
Old Today, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb View Post
yea it's definitely whatever you want. I made reservations for two restaurants one night. I had sushi and sake as an app then moved on to lorenzo's for dinner then ended up eating buffalo wings at tres cervasas. I ordered two entrees at the la bastille because entrees at all inclusives tend to be smaller
That’s what I was thinking as well in regards to entree portion sizing. We may have to try that!

How do you make the reservations? And are they able to be made prior to arrival? We are going on a weekend so it may be busier, just wondering.

That sounds amazing, we’ll have what they’re having!

Thank you for the response and the idea for dinner at Tradewinds.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: