Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 2, 20, 8:18 am

Upgrade Data Point

Have a 1 week award stay coming up. Booked into an Ocean Front Pyramid Suite. Discoverist status.

Out of curiosity, wrote to the Rooms Controller to ask if any upgrades were available.

She quoted me $400/night to move to the Club Two Bedroom Ocean Front Suite. This was higher than the cash difference between these two rooms when I did dummy bookings. I declined.

Too bad there is no points option for the premium suites at the all inclusive properties.
Old Jan 2, 20, 8:26 am

Same (though I got $350 offer for that room... I'm headed there this weekend and planned to ask at check in ... prior experience had gotten me a better offer then.
Old Jan 2, 20, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by BookerT View Post
She quoted me $400/night to move to the Club Two Bedroom Ocean Front Suite. This was higher than the cash difference between these two rooms when I did dummy bookings. I declined.

Too bad there is no points option for the premium suites at the all inclusive properties.
If you're willing to pay the listed cash difference (e.g. If the website says your room is $500 and the two bedroom is $700, so $200), you can respond while noting the listed price difference and she will honor it. If not, you may be able to get it for less at check in. All the higher end suites seem to sell out though.
Old Jan 2, 20, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
If you're willing to pay the listed cash difference (e.g. If the website says your room is $500 and the two bedroom is $700, so $200), you can respond while noting the listed price difference and she will honor it. If not, you may be able to get it for less at check in. All the higher end suites seem to sell out though.
Originally Posted by levilevi View Post
Same (though I got $350 offer for that room... I'm headed there this weekend and planned to ask at check in ... prior experience had gotten me a better offer then.
Thank you. I'll see if a better offer is available at check-in. The extra space would be nice but we will be happy in our current suite if we don't get one.
Old Jan 2, 20, 11:52 am

Has anyone successfully used the Chase spend $500 get $250 credit? My secure messages with Chase seemed to indicate I would be eligible for the credit by booking online with a rate that collected a deposit 14 days out but some people posted threads on FT that say the opposite and it's only for charges at the resort.
Old Jan 7, 20, 12:17 pm

Has anyone used the offered dining at Zilara during a Ziva stay? I had planned on it, last trip, but never got around to inquiring about it.
Old Jan 7, 20, 3:08 pm

Did you end up getting a better offer at check in?
Old Jan 9, 20, 10:30 am

Upgrade to turquoise at Ziva or switch to Zilara?

We are have reservations for two adults at the Hyatt Ziva for 4 nights in February. The Zilara was originally our first choice because it looked liked the base rooms are better than the base rooms at the ziva but they didnt have base rooms at the Zilara to book with points for our nights. We used 25k hyatt points per night to book the base at the ziva room (upgraded rooms not available to book using points). I emailed the hotel directly about paid upgrades to the turquoise tower, I was originally quoted $140 (they quoted it as $70 per person per night), I manged to get that down to $110 per night.

Today the base rooms just became available at the Zilara.....

So the question is should we:

1) Stick with the Ziva base room? Total cost for stay = 100k points
2) Stick with the Ziva and pay the 110 total per night for the turquoise tower? Total cost for stay = 100k points + $440 cash
3) Switch to the base room at Zilara? Total cost for stay = 100k points.

We've never been to either hotel so input for anyone that has experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by crangit; Jan 9, 20 at 10:34 am Reason: Typos
Old Jan 9, 20, 2:52 pm

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Originally Posted by crangit View Post
We are have reservations for two adults at the Hyatt Ziva for 4 nights in February. The Zilara was originally our first choice because it looked liked the base rooms are better than the base rooms at the ziva but they didnt have base rooms at the Zilara to book with points for our nights. We used 25k hyatt points per night to book the base at the ziva room (upgraded rooms not available to book using points). I emailed the hotel directly about paid upgrades to the turquoise tower, I was originally quoted $140 (they quoted it as $70 per person per night), I manged to get that down to $110 per night.

Today the base rooms just became available at the Zilara.....

So the question is should we:

2) Stick with the Ziva and pay the 110 total per night for the turquoise tower? Total cost for stay = 100k points + $440 cash

We've never been to either hotel so input for anyone that has experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Did you get the WOH card $250 off $500 deal? If so I'd definitely do Ziva+TT (spend the rest on massages etc). Personally, we're doing 3 nights Ziva 3 nights Zilara (also this February), hoping to get the TT upgrade for cash too. I was also originally quoted $140 per night but cash rates for TT are only $85 more expensive than a base room when we will be there, so trying to talk them down- good to know you were successful there. Bottom line though is I'm sure you'll have a great time either way- can't go wrong with either property!
Old Jan 9, 20, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by redstormrising View Post
Did you get the WOH card $250 off $500 deal? If so I'd definitely do Ziva+TT (spend the rest on massages etc). Personally, we're doing 3 nights Ziva 3 nights Zilara (also this February), hoping to get the TT upgrade for cash too. I was also originally quoted $140 per night but cash rates for TT are only $85 more expensive than a base room when we will be there, so trying to talk them down- good to know you were successful there. Bottom line though is I'm sure you'll have a great time either way- can't go wrong with either property!
I don't have the Hyatt card. Points were transferred from Chase UR ink so no $250 off $500 deal or any status with Hyatt that would give me an automatic upgrade
Old Jan 12, 20, 8:19 pm

Wasn't offered and didnt ask.. .check in was actually very hectic.. it was raining heavily and a wedding party was inside the club tower lobby/lounge, so maybe 60-80 people in there reveling (not a problem , understandable), so the front desk agent there was just trying to get us in/out as fast as possible, and I didn't mind what we had. Sorry I couldn't get the data point
Old Jan 13, 20, 12:53 pm

EDIT: This is in response to crangit

All I can recommend is reading tons of reviews of both Ziva and Zilara! Seems to me like you have 3 options: Base Ziva room, Base Zilara room, or pay up for Ziva TT. Personally, at $110 per night for 4 nights that's a pretty big outlay (for me). I would go either base Ziva or Zilara, and you just have to compare and contrast them yourself. Like I said earlier- can't go wrong either way!
Old Jan 13, 20, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by crangit View Post

Thank you
If you're 2 adults, with no status, I would highly recommend the turquoise tower. Ocean front rooms, butler, hot tub on the balcony. OTOH, if you're on the fence, you may be able to get a better rate at check-in. Although they tend to be less open to negotiation if you've discussed price with them before hand.
Old Jan 13, 20, 8:30 pm

Wasn't offered and didnt ask.. .check in was actually very hectic.. it was raining heavily and a wedding party was inside the club tower lobby/lounge, so maybe 60-80 people in there reveling (not a problem , understandable), so the front desk agent there was just trying to get us in/out as fast as possible, and I didn't mind what we had. Sorry I couldn't get the data point
We are here now. It was much slower at our check-in. I asked about upgrades and was taken up to see the Club Ocean Front Master Suite in person. My family said they liked it so he told them to stay and get settled in while I went back to the lobby to finish checking in. When we got all the way back to the main building lobby he dropped "oh by the way it is an extra $100/night, that is okay right?" on me. After being up since 3AM I think I just started at him blankly because he quickly dropped it down to $80.

I feel a bit bamboozled because of the way he left my family up in the room before telling me it was not a complementary upgrade, but we like the room and are enjoying our stay so far.
Old Jan 13, 20, 10:11 pm

DP here, emailed back and forth a few times with the rooms controller and got them down to $100/night for TT room for 3 nights in late February. Accepted that. Rate difference between base room and TT was about $80 (I booked on points though). Will use the WOH $250 off $500 to help offset that.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: