Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I usually do the Aloft (for like 89/night) the first night of arrival in cancun, then arrive first thing in the AM to the Ziva and enjoy the facilities
This is really smart... I hadn't thought about this... flights/hotel already booked for our 3rd visit in January... but for the next time!!
uppereastsider and danbnash like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:56 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I love the hotel for what I use it for - a long weekend escape from the cold. I usually do the Aloft (for like 89/night) the first night of arrival in cancun, then arrive first thing in the AM to the Ziva and enjoy the facilities until a slightly late check out and a late afternoon flight back to NYC.
I guess people just do not like different opinion from theirs. I like to state my own opinion and I care less what others think.

I do not like this resort and I do not recommend. Move on and be over with it.

Enjoy your stay....
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
I guess people just do not like different opinion from theirs. I like to state my own opinion and I care less what others think.

Enjoy your stay....
Everyone is welcome to an opinion, but as the old saying goes "Your entitled to your own opinion BUT not your own facts" - and your review included numerous factual errors. I'm still curious how you derived your opinion about the rooftop pool since, by your own statement, you did not have access to that facility....
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:13 am

I'm always curious about Elite Benefits outside all inclusives. Outside of a room upgrade, what other perks would you expect?

For me, they've always upgraded me... Club room with club access, Swim up room (my personal favorite) and Turquoize tower. Have never gotten a standard room and I always use my Cat 1-7 coupon + points for the stay. I've usually managed 1 or 2pm checkout, but have never gotten 4pm. I've appreciated they've extended that due to being a globalist. And they've always claimed to give priority to getting the room ready... have never waited past 1/2pm for my room.

I love the hotel for what I use it for - a long weekend escape from the cold. I usually do the Aloft (for like 89/night) the first night of arrival in cancun, then arrive first thing in the AM to the Ziva and enjoy the facilities until a slightly late check out and a late afternoon flight back to NYC.

One thing I'll agree with on your review - the food will get old after 4/5 days. But that's why I usually do a shorter trip... and just eat as much at Habaneros as possible

Also, can you correct your review to 25k points/night... unless there was a discount you got to 20k... if so, please spill the beans on how to do that!
LOL. We do the EXACT. SAME. THING. Long weekends @ Ziva are the best.... fortunately we live only a couple of hours away so don't need to do the Aloft in order to maximize time, but that's a great idea if your coming from the NE. Always gotten good to excellent treatment, upgrades to suites or Turquoize, and even 4PM checkout

Honestly I can't imagine staying there for more than 2-3 nights at a time as it would get old, but staying there for 2-3 nights every 2-3 months is wonderful.....
uppereastsider and cuthroat like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:13 am
Suspended

Also, as we both agree that the food is the main killer of al-inclusive resort model. We normally do not stay at all-inclusive properties. But I convinced family to stay at Ziva to try it. So I booked it at the end of our trip and it was a short stay. It is a very wise decision. We would have had to pack bag if this were the start of a 7-night stay.

The room is not important at all. Folks should stay outside to enjoy the sun, pool and all the activities.

Only I enjoyed the drinks and the evening shows at Ziva. It is just hard to imagine to offer fine dinning experience (steaks and seafood) at an all-inclusive resort with that many guests. It is just impossible. This is why they use dress code to rid of people.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by levilevi
This is really smart... I hadn't thought about this... flights/hotel already booked for our 3rd visit in January... but for the next time!!
This started when I would do Cancun to qualify for SPG 25 stays... would do the Aloft, then the westin, then the Aloft. Once I switched over to Hyatt and got my first Cat 1-7 night, it evolved into the Aloft then Ziva, then Westin... now it's just Aloft, then Ziva. I've been delayed too many times coming to Cancun that I no longer want to stress about not fully maximizing the all inclusive
levilevi and danbnash like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by RedSun

Enjoy your stay....
You offered your opinion, I offered mine I like that you have a a different opinion and wanted to offer an alternative opinion to offer debate to help others come up with a conclusion.. I agree with you that the food gets annoying after 2-3 days, which is why for others reading this thread, I wanted to let them know it's good for 2-3 day quick getaway (in my opinion, which is all i've ever done), which a lot of others have replied that they agree with.

And hopefully others wanting to come here for 7 days can read these two opinions/thoughts and form their own conclusions

One thing tho - can you tell us if you got it for 20k, or was that a typo in the review? I'd love to get a discount on points here.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:51 am
Suspended

This started when I would do Cancun to qualify for SPG 25 stays... would do the Aloft, then the westin, then the Aloft. Once I switched over to Hyatt and got my first Cat 1-7 night, it evolved into the Aloft then Ziva, then Westin... now it's just Aloft, then Ziva. I've been delayed too many times coming to Cancun that I no longer want to stress about not fully maximizing the all inclusive
We do not frequent the same hotel again and again. Even the good ones. The appeal is gone if we come back to the same resort the very next year.

Also local culture and local cuisine are the must-haves for us. We only go to Mexico or Bahamas when we are under time constrains and can't take two days off to travel. I still get a long bucket list to cross off the targets.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
agree with you that the food gets annoying after 2-3 days, which is why for others reading this thread, I wanted to let them know it's good for 2-3 day quick getaway (in my opinion,.
To offer a slightly different opinion, we did 7-nights with four adults and three kids (7, 7, and 5) this summer.

All three kids and two of the adults are relatively picky eaters, and by picky, I mean non-adventurous. My wife views food as something she needs to survive, but she is just an odd person who never really gets excited by food. She'll indulge me and go along to great restaurants, but she'd prefer something simple.

When traveling, the kids are generally happy with pancakes, waffles, and cereal for breakfast with pasta, pizza, hot dogs, and chicken the rest of the day. Other than Chevy's closing at 5pm (maybe it was 6pm), Ziva fits that pretty well. The two picky adults were always able to find something.

Having the option of room service (which was surprisingly fast) was good for the couple of evenings when the kids did not eat dinner prior to Chevy's shutting down (we were often the last group in Chevy's as it was closing).

Between the Italian place, Asian place, room service, and the buffets, I never had the same dinner twice. None of the food would be described as spectacular, but I wasn't expecting spectacular, and I never went hungry.

One of the reasons we chose Ziva over Mayakoba was that I didn't think the kids and picky adults would find much to eat without making a special request at every meal at Mayakoba. I would undoubtedly have liked the food better in Mayakoba, but sometimes plain and simple works better. .

Before kids, I'd happily build trips around great places to eat, but with three relatively young kids, I'm happy to get through meals with the least amount of effort, and Ziva handles that just fine.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by ricohitman
Does anyone have contact email for upgrading my room at ziva. Trying to use the $250 off $500 offer.
Any luck with this? I am trying to do the same for our trip in 02/20. We want to upgrade from the standard room to a suite. Not sure how much per night.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:02 pm

[email protected] Response time seems to be pretty darn slow though! I tend to follow up my initial email after 3-4 days and than finally get a response.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:46 pm

I sent email to both econcierge.zivacancun & zivacancun-reservations this morning. I will report back when I get an answer from them.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL, WoH
FYI I just found an old email from awhile back that I sent to for an upgrade asking pricing. It still works!

[email protected]
levilevi and cuthroat like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
anyone have experience cutting down the minimum stay?

shows sold out of the night we want unless we increase it to 3 nights. but then suddenly available at a good cash rate or even standard award rooms @ 25k or cat 7 voucher are available.

If it was a stay way in the future I could have a workaround but this is for LAST minute travel and the site says immediately will charge all 3 nights in full, regardless of the rate code/plan picked.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I sent email to both econcierge.zivacancun & zivacancun-reservations this morning. I will report back when I get an answer from them.
Just got a response from the resort:
Standard room to Club Ocean Front Corner Suite: $330/night (negotiable)
Teen age children: 220 pppn. It seems to be a bit much. From the recent reports here, the price is $110 pppn.
This is for a stay in mid 02/2020.

Last edited by asdfghjk; Sep 13, 2019 at 2:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.