Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by NewAgeTraveler
You are very lucky. We also stayed a couple days with kids and used the Hyatt Visa free nights. Despite having jetted tub on the reservation confirmation email, we were put in a shower only unit on the 12th floor. Through out our stay we were fighting roaches and we complained a couple days ago, but there are still dead roaches through out our hallway. I just can't believe this is a hyatt. This was also our honeymoon which has embarrassingly been ruined. The dolphin show and interaction was not available and was one of the principal reasons we chose this hotel. Some notice of this would have been nice, but given the level of service we have experienced I'm not surprised no one bothered to contact us. I'm going to have a very meaningful conversation with the diamond line when I get home tomorrow. This was the worst experience and we will NEVER return here again!!!
Man, I'm not happy to hear this as I'll be there in a few weeks...sorry it's worked out that way for you.

Would you mind detailing some of the service issues you've had?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:14 pm

Spent 4 nights here in mid-December and actually loved it.
Maybe my expectation was set so low from bad reviews but ididnt have any major issues and i am planning to return this year.
Loved the location and the food was surprisingly good in most restaurants.

Few things i noticed but didnt bother much
- No diamond recognition but they are more than willing to upgrade your room if you ask
- DSU gets you Pyramid Suite but wasn't bookable during my stay(under construction)
- No jetted tub in rooms unlike the description on their website
- No dolphins yet
- Rooftop pools were under construction
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt
So just booked this hotel for check-in this coming weekend. Tried to use a DSU - Gold Passport (GP) called the property - apparently the property had previously asked GP to switch the policy in their systems for room upgrade from the Pyramid Suite to the Oceanfront King Room. GP systems weren't updated as yet - so GP apparently had to listen to the property and were thus only able to give me Ocean King room.

I requested GP to conference me in with the property and explain to them that the DSU should be a "Suite" not just a different room category, and I was given the Pyramid Suite after my insistence. Hopefully this policy change is not a permanent thing.

Additionally, the hotel rep made it sounds like club was an upgrade they were giving me due to the DSU usage - when club is a diamond benefit.

Have heard a lot of good things about the property - hopefully they do respect the diamond benefits when we get there.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by pranu
So just booked this hotel for check-in this coming weekend. Tried to use a DSU - Gold Passport (GP) called the property - apparently the property had previously asked GP to switch the policy in their systems for room upgrade from the Pyramid Suite to the Oceanfront King Room. GP systems weren't updated as yet - so GP apparently had to listen to the property and were thus only able to give me Ocean King room.

I requested GP to conference me in with the property and explain to them that the DSU should be a "Suite" not just a different room category, and I was given the Pyramid Suite after my insistence. Hopefully this policy change is not a permanent thing.

Additionally, the hotel rep made it sounds like club was an upgrade they were giving me due to the DSU usage - when club is a diamond benefit.

Have heard a lot of good things about the property - hopefully they do respect the diamond benefits when we get there.
Please do report back on your experience for those of us with later reservations using the DSU into a Pyramid Suite, as it's not too late for us to change!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:44 pm

It sounds like most issues are "new resort" issues that they need to work out the kinks. Cockroaches are of course a major no-no, but bugs to happen.

What about the seaweed situation at the beaches? Was it still an issue and staff are busy cleaning it throughout the day, or has the issue died down and it is now a non-issue?

We are planning a trip for New Year's 2017 (likely Dec 29 - 3), so I know it will be peak season. We'd be locking in points and CC free nights to make it happen, so we will be booking well in advance.

Family of 4 with two toddlers.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
I only have the Platinum status via chase hyatt card. Can I get a room with the hot tube in Balcony??... if I book with points?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Originally Posted by dprocuk
It sounds like most issues are "new resort" issues that they need to work out the kinks. Cockroaches are of course a major no-no, but bugs to happen.

What about the seaweed situation at the beaches? Was it still an issue and staff are busy cleaning it throughout the day, or has the issue died down and it is now a non-issue?

We are planning a trip for New Year's 2017 (likely Dec 29 - 3), so I know it will be peak season. We'd be locking in points and CC free nights to make it happen, so we will be booking well in advance.

Family of 4 with two toddlers.
I tried booking with points almost 9 months out with a 7 & 5 year old....they would not release rooms to fit 4. good luck
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Elmatador
I only have the Platinum status via chase hyatt card. Can I get a room with the hot tube in Balcony??... if I book with points?
Probably not for free - if it's really important to you, contact the property and ask if they'll confirm that feature for a cash copayment (note central reservations line cannot do this).
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Leaving on Friday for a 3 night stay.

Can anyone tell me if we need reservations for restaurants?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 3:04 pm

No reservations is needed for all restaurants.

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Leaving on Friday for a 3 night stay.

Can anyone tell me if we need reservations for restaurants?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shouyi
No reservations is needed for all restaurants.
Thanks so much! ^
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:35 pm

Club Suite layouts

Hello,

Our family is considering spending Thanksgiving at the Cancun Ziva. We've got about 15-16 people, and we want someplace we can all hang out. We're considering getting one two bedroom suite in the club area for some of us. Does that have a separate living room/sitting area? Do the corner suites? Is this an appropriate question?

Thank you. Checking online, I couldn't be sure.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here now. Checking out tomorrow. So far, VERY impressed. I will post a thorough review when I'm back in a few days...with pics if I can figure it out.

If you want me to look into something specific before I leave tomorrow at 1:30 EST, let me know.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Here now. Checking out tomorrow. So far, VERY impressed. I will post a thorough review when I'm back in a few days...with pics if I can figure it out.

If you want me to look into something specific before I leave tomorrow at 1:30 EST, let me know.
Thanks. We are probably booking it tomorrow, so is it possible for you to ask about sitting areas in club suites. Specifically, does the two-bedroom have a separate "living room" and do the corner and master suites (also club) have distinct sitting areas?

And what activities do they offer at no additional charge?

if this is too much of a pain to ask, don't bother and thanks for whatever you can find out.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:33 pm

Hello again,

We are currently holding a 2-bedroom suite, but have until tomorrow morning to decide if we want to go to a Club Level Master Suite (plus an additional room). Moving would save money, but we need to know if there is enough room in the sitting area of the master suite for our group of approximately 15 to gather and just hang out. Has anyone seen one of these?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.