Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I then remembered seeing that we should be able to use the restaurants at the sister Zilara resort (a $10 cab ride away), they were able to call Zilara and confirm this arrangements-- where I had a great dinner at the Spanish Tapas restaurant.

Since both places are all inclusive, I assume you did not have to pay at Zilara for dinner? Sorry, this sounds like a stupid question. But, I have been on cruises that says all included, but then you still got to pay for certain things.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by opus2002
I then remembered seeing that we should be able to use the restaurants at the sister Zilara resort (a $10 cab ride away), they were able to call Zilara and confirm this arrangements-- where I had a great dinner at the Spanish Tapas restaurant.

Since both places are all inclusive, I assume you did not have to pay at Zilara for dinner? Sorry, this sounds like a stupid question. But, I have been on cruises that says all included, but then you still got to pay for certain things.
There was no charge for any of the restaurants/bars/services at Zilara. At Ziva there was no bracelet or any other need for id for services, but at arrival at Zilara (Ziva had called ahead and advised of my arrival), I was given a bracelet and told I had free use of everything until midnight. All their restaurants were open and except for the Chef's Table, all were available. I was disappointed that only one of the advertised fine dining spots at Ziva were available- they were all open the previous 2 nights, just not on the only night I was there.

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 21, 2015 at 8:16 am
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Anyone know what a Diamond Suite Upgrade gets you at this resort? Just an upgraded ocean view like the other Zivas? Heard Diamond recognition is pretty lax at these all inclusives.

Also, was wondering what kind of renovations were done since being converted from the old Dreams resort (upgraded common areas, rooms, and bathrooms?) Thanks in advance
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Anyone know what a Diamond Suite Upgrade gets you at this resort? Just an upgraded ocean view like the other Zivas? Heard Diamond recognition is pretty lax at these all inclusives.

Also, was wondering what kind of renovations were done since being converted from the old Dreams resort (upgraded common areas, rooms, and bathrooms?) Thanks in advance
Had a 3 night stay right before Thanksgiving. Used a DSU and was booked/confirmed into a Pyramid Suite. However at check-in, I was told the Pyramid Suite was not available (unclear why) and they instead moved us to a Swim-Up King (as opposed to a swim-up suite). That was just one of the many problems we had during our stay.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
No Response

It has been 3 weeks since my disappointing stay ay Ziva Cancun and not a word from Hyatt. No 'survey' or 'sorry about the problems' from Hyatt or the local hotel management. I know the property acknowledged the issues -- or at least I saw the Club Agent writing them down, but given this is a brand new Hyatt, I would assume they would care, but I guess not. I was charged the correct amount, even though I did not get the services promised.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Are guests at Zilara able to dine at Ziva?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
Out of all the restaurants the Tapas restaurant is the best.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
For those who have stayed at Ziva, how is the cabana situation? Per the reviews at Zilara, those by the pool are seemingly occupied by sunrise, but the beach cabanas remain wide open during the day. What is the situation at Ziva?

Also, for those who have stayed in the Pyramid Suite, does that allow concierge/club access? I'm getting mixed messages on that from the people I have contacted at Hyatt, and would prefer to know what is happening from one whose "boots were on the ground."

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by derby44
Are guests at Zilara able to dine at Ziva?
Since I didn't get a reply I want to share that I just read a trip/hotel report from someone staying at the Zilara and it mentions that guests from the Zilara can indeed dine at the Ziva and vice versa. Happy travels to all.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Just booked a quick getaway for myself and the wife...Jan. 29th - Feb. 1st. Will be our first time at an all inclusive resort.

Any tips you can give us?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Stay away from French. Italian is good. Zilara is walkable if you don't mind walking off your meal after. ~20-30 mins through the entertainment strip.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by pWei
Stay away from French. Italian is good. Zilara is walkable if you don't mind walking off your meal after. ~20-30 mins through the entertainment strip.
Sounds like Zilara is a better option than Ziva. Wasn't available...at least not on points during our stay at no cost?!?!?
I've read we can go use those facilities and that the food is much better.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:25 am

Spent couple days at the end of last year

I booked two rooms last year by trading in two Chase Hyatt Cards' award rooms. Got one room Club Corner Suite, the other SWIM UP DOUBLE(pyramid).

Got the 15h floor Club tower inside corner Suite. View is great, got to catch sunrise and sunset! Jacuzzi is out on the balcony. did not get private check in though. Don't really matter, we didn't wait at check in. This suite is on one of the sharp triangle corner, had a pretty big living room, two large HDTV.

Swim up double turn out to be a king suite. We wanted it to be close to the club tower, so they give us the corner unit closest to the tower. We let the grand parents took this suite, worked out great. But this suite is in wifi dead zone. no curtain or shade for the east facing window! also the phone can't be dialed in, but they can call out.

Hotel location is great, pools are nice, and you can pick your surfing or nursing beach!

Kids loved the steak at the Tradewinds. visited the candy shop several times a day. Italian restaurant was OK for me, Pizza is good, so is the Veal. But no fresh bread, kind of odd. Buffet is pretty good, lot of seafood. Make sure get them fresh, guess I got lucky with Mahi-Mahi & tuna steak. Also check out the grill station, other then the cooking time, we didn't have to wait much. One day they had some Dim sum, surprisingly, not bad. Fajitas is good, they actually have both corn and flour tortillas.

Stuffs are very nice, worked super hard for you. Some times service maybe slow. But we are on vacation, not really in any hurry for anything. Our flight was in late afternoon and also got delayed. They won't let me do late checkout, but did give us a suite to shower and change before we left. Guess it helps to be nice with them and play the kids and grandpa cards.

All in all, this is the best Mexican All inclusive we have stayed.
Attached Images    
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by shouyi
I booked two rooms last year by trading in two Chase Hyatt Cards' award rooms. Got one room Club Corner Suite, the other SWIM UP DOUBLE(pyramid).

Got the 15h floor Club tower inside corner Suite. View is great, got to catch sunrise and sunset! Jacuzzi is out on the balcony. did not get private check in though. Don't really matter, we didn't wait at check in. This suite is on one of the sharp triangle corner, had a pretty big living room, two large HDTV.

Swim up double turn out to be a king suite. We wanted it to be close to the club tower, so they give us the corner unit closest to the tower. We let the grand parents took this suite, worked out great. But this suite is in wifi dead zone. no curtain or shade for the east facing window! also the phone can't be dialed in, but they can call out.

Hotel location is great, pools are nice, and you can pick your surfing or nursing beach!

Kids loved the steak at the Tradewinds. visited the candy shop several times a day. Italian restaurant was OK for me, Pizza is good, so is the Veal. But no fresh bread, kind of odd. Buffet is pretty good, lot of seafood. Make sure get them fresh, guess I got lucky with Mahi-Mahi & tuna steak. Also check out the grill station, other then the cooking time, we didn't have to wait much. One day they had some Dim sum, surprisingly, not bad. Fajitas is good, they actually have both corn and flour tortillas.

Stuffs are very nice, worked super hard for you. Some times service maybe slow. But we are on vacation, not really in any hurry for anything. Our flight was in late afternoon and also got delayed. They won't let me do late checkout, but did give us a suite to shower and change before we left. Guess it helps to be nice with them and play the kids and grandpa cards.

All in all, this is the best Mexican All inclusive we have stayed.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, AA Platinum
You are very lucky. We also stayed a couple days with kids and used the Hyatt Visa free nights. Despite having jetted tub on the reservation confirmation email, we were put in a shower only unit on the 12th floor. Through out our stay we were fighting roaches and we complained a couple days ago, but there are still dead roaches through out our hallway. I just can't believe this is a hyatt. This was also our honeymoon which has embarrassingly been ruined. The dolphin show and interaction was not available and was one of the principal reasons we chose this hotel. Some notice of this would have been nice, but given the level of service we have experienced I'm not surprised no one bothered to contact us. I'm going to have a very meaningful conversation with the diamond line when I get home tomorrow. This was the worst experience and we will NEVER return here again!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.