Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:01 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Does anyone have experience using a TSU here? I could not find the relevant information in the TSU-related WOH Thread and Wiki (World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]).

I presume the TSU suite is the "Ocean Front Pyramid Suite", which is a standard suite. Is this in the "Turquoize" part of the hotel.
I already have a high floor/Sky Turquoize room, is a suite worthwhile or should I just stick withe the Turquoize Sky room.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold | Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Does anyone have experience using a TSU here? I could not find the relevant information in the TSU-related WOH Thread and Wiki (World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]).

I presume the TSU suite is the "Ocean Front Pyramid Suite", which is a standard suite. Is this in the "Turquoize" part of the hotel.
I already have a high floor/Sky Turquoize room, is a suite worthwhile or should I just stick withe the Turquoize Sky room.

Thanks for any advice.
I used a TSU here a year or two ago. The Ocean Front Pyramid Suite is in the Pyramid Tower (the oldest building), not the Turquoize Tower. I didn't check out the Turquoize Tower so I can't compare. However, apart from a somewhat strange arrangement that spanned two floors, the suite was renovated and nice. I've also seen others post in this thread that they were offered an upgrade to a suite in the Club Tower for a cash copay on top of their TSU. I'm not sure if the same is possible for another room in the Turquoize Tower!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:23 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by makavel
I used a TSU here a year or two ago. The Ocean Front Pyramid Suite is in the Pyramid Tower (the oldest building), not the Turquoize Tower. I didn't check out the Turquoize Tower so I can't compare. However, apart from a somewhat strange arrangement that spanned two floors, the suite was renovated and nice. I've also seen others post in this thread that they were offered an upgrade to a suite in the Club Tower for a cash copay on top of their TSU. I'm not sure if the same is possible for another room in the Turquoize Tower!
Thank you! that helps.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond

Thanks for any advice.
Turquoise tower is the newest building there. In my opinion it is the best in the whole complex, but I have not been to the Club Tower. Turquoise tower comes with complimentary transportation to and from the airport as well. Also you will have your own butler.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:27 pm

Thanks for any advice.
If it's just 2 people in the room, I'd personally keep the Sky Turquoize room vs the Pyramid suite. I'm not a fan of the Pyramid tower or suite. MommyPoints has a good review on that suite you can look it up.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:53 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
If it's just 2 people in the room, I'd personally keep the Sky Turquoize room vs the Pyramid suite. I'm not a fan of the Pyramid tower or suite. MommyPoints has a good review on that suite you can look it up.
Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Putnik
.......Turquoise tower comes with complimentary transportation to and from the airport as well.......
Does complimentary transportation apply to upgrades as well or only for paid guests. i.e. if you are upgraded to Turquoise Tower at check in, do you get complimentary transfer to airport?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:58 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by TerryK
Does complimentary transportation apply to upgrades as well or only for paid guests. i.e. if you are upgraded to Turquoise Tower at check in, do you get complimentary transfer to airport?
There is a minimum stay of 4 nights for the transfer to be included. My assumption is though, that it is on paid nights only, since "group and social rates" are excluded as well , but better check directly with the hotel, because If I read the room description, it could mean, that only the transfer FROM the airport is included, and not TO the airport. But maybe that is just a typo?
https://cancun.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hot...turquoize.html
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:34 am

They used to (1 year ago) send out an email about a month prior to the arrival asking types of pillows and scents in the room. Do they not do that anymore?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
They used to (1 year ago) send out an email about a month prior to the arrival asking types of pillows and scents in the room. Do they not do that anymore?
Not in my experiences.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Not in my experiences.
Thanks! That's good to know.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
We stayed in October for a week and got the email about two weeks before our stay asking what type of room air fresheners/pillows we wanted in the Turquoise suites
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by frogss29
We stayed in October for a week and got the email about two weeks before our stay asking what type of room air fresheners/pillows we wanted in the Turquoise suites
thanks for the DP. We are staying in a standard room so let’s see if they send email to non Turquoise staying customers. I will report back.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Was just there. Not to put a damper on things, but be aware.

Unfortunately it seemed like the resort's f&b and some staff took a significant turn for the worse. Snotty comments by greeter at the front in the french place. Heard an ethically mixed couple received some inappropriate comments from staff.

Noticeably better treatment by waitstaff once I ordered a bottle of wine. Noticed seafood at the Lorenzo's was quite bad - very different from year's past -- and this extended to other F&B outlets. Guac was not as fresh and tasty as before - did it come prepackaged? Some brand name drinks seemed to taste like the same liquid and different from how they would taste if purchased at a liquor store stateside (or on the plane for that matter).

Habeneros is still quite good, though the staff suffers from the same guac issues.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by pWei
Was just there. Not to put a damper on things, but be aware.

Unfortunately it seemed like the resort's f&b and some staff took a significant turn for the worse. Snotty comments by greeter at the front in the french place. Heard an ethically mixed couple received some inappropriate comments from staff.

Noticeably better treatment by waitstaff once I ordered a bottle of wine. Noticed seafood at the Lorenzo's was quite bad - very different from year's past -- and this extended to other F&B outlets. Guac was not as fresh and tasty as before - did it come prepackaged? Some brand name drinks seemed to taste like the same liquid and different from how they would taste if purchased at a liquor store stateside (or on the plane for that matter).

Habeneros is still quite good, though the staff suffers from the same guac issues.
That's definitely sad to hear. I was there January of 2017 and really liked it (I thought it was one of the best Hyatt properties) so I am going back there next month.

Last time I was there, I also noticed that waiter's attitude got worse when we did not order a bottle of wine at Lorenzo's. so I assume nothing is new on this.

I will report back once I stayed there! Hopefully it hasn't drastically gone bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.