Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 12, 15, 10:40 am
  #1  
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland
Programs: LT Globalist
Posts: 2,130
Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Just read this today:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ale-Resort-Spa

and it's already online on hyatt.com

http://scottsdale.andaz.hyatt.com/en...scottsdale.com


Looking forward to this!
59Impala is offline  
Old Jun 5, 16, 12:56 pm
  #2  
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland
Programs: LT Globalist
Posts: 2,130
Hotel site now states they're accepting reservations as of November 1st

http://scottsdale.andaz.hyatt.com/en...scottsdale.com


Has anybody been there by chance a could get a glimpse of how far they are?
59Impala is offline  
Old Jun 5, 16, 4:27 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 44,770
Nice location, Paradise Valley adjacent. Not far from Sanctuary, which IMO is the finest resort in the entire valley and one of the best in the country.

On the other hand, I see they are already violating GP program rules by failing to offer award nights when a basic room is available
Kacee is offline  
Old Jun 6, 16, 2:02 am
  #4  
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland
Programs: LT Globalist
Posts: 2,130
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Nice location, Paradise Valley adjacent. Not far from Sanctuary, which IMO is the finest resort in the entire valley and one of the best in the country.

On the other hand, I see they are already violating GP program rules by failing to offer award nights when a basic room is available
yes, it's just south of the Gainey Ranch Hyatt - which is my favorite Hyatt Resort

Truly - just checked the rates - no award nights available, although basic rooms are. let's hope this is just a glitch in Hyatt's IT for now...

It's rated a Cat 5 hotel on gp.com - not bad for an ANdAZ I'd say.
59Impala is offline  
Old Jun 6, 16, 6:53 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: RIC
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by a193991 View Post
yes, it's just south of the Gainey Ranch Hyatt - which is my favorite Hyatt Resort

Truly - just checked the rates - no award nights available, although basic rooms are. let's hope this is just a glitch in Hyatt's IT for now...

It's rated a Cat 5 hotel on gp.com - not bad for an ANdAZ I'd say.
Awards are not available at hotels that have not yet opened.
iherebyresign is offline  
Old Jul 13, 16, 3:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
Posts: 34
FYI - availability (including points @ 20K - no C&P) is open as early as October 19th. We are thinking of staying there during opening week...terrible idea?
missmelon437 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 16, 3:55 pm
  #7  
skj
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,139
Originally Posted by missmelon437 View Post
We are thinking of staying there during opening week...terrible idea?
Possibly ... there's been some "horror stories" posted here of opening dates that slipped or properties being opened before they were fully ready. Most of those that I recall were outside the US, so that may be a difference. Even if the physical plant is completely finished, you're still likely to encounter newly trained staff and run into "teething problems" that frequently plague new properties.

If you're making travel plans that aren't flexible, and you have the Hyatt points, you might consider making a backup reservation at Gainey Ranch for the same dates. You can cancel one or the other as your stay gets closer.
skj is offline  
Old Jul 14, 16, 3:15 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by skj View Post
Possibly ... there's been some "horror stories" posted here of opening dates that slipped or properties being opened before they were fully ready. Most of those that I recall were outside the US, so that may be a difference. Even if the physical plant is completely finished, you're still likely to encounter newly trained staff and run into "teething problems" that frequently plague new properties.

If you're making travel plans that aren't flexible, and you have the Hyatt points, you might consider making a backup reservation at Gainey Ranch for the same dates. You can cancel one or the other as your stay gets closer.
Thanks! I am going to book a book-up Good idea.
missmelon437 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 16, 4:20 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: IAH
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by missmelon437 View Post
FYI - availability (including points @ 20K - no C&P) is open as early as October 19th. We are thinking of staying there during opening week...terrible idea?
I got a call that they are delaying the opening and that they will book me at the Hyatt Regency for the same price and credit me 40k points after the stay for the inconvenience. Any one else have similar comp?
giddyforpoints is offline  
Old Aug 8, 16, 6:04 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SFO / HKG
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by giddyforpoints View Post
I got a call that they are delaying the opening and that they will book me at the Hyatt Regency for the same price and credit me 40k points after the stay for the inconvenience. Any one else have similar comp?
Same offer for me.
jxwo is offline  
Old Aug 10, 16, 3:05 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 718
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 665
There are no suites bookable?? But I see they do have suites under their room types page?
zzrayzz is offline  
Old Aug 23, 16, 2:43 pm
  #12  
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland
Programs: LT Globalist
Posts: 2,130
Further announcement regarding the opening Nov 1st:

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...pen-November-1
59Impala is offline  
Old Aug 27, 16, 5:34 pm
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 44,770
I'm staying at Sanctuary and drove by to check it out. November 1 opening seems highly optimistic. It's an active construction site, not even close to completion.



Location is a bit odd, behind a strip mall. I don't think this will be in Sanctuary or Camelback Inn class.
Kacee is offline  
Old Oct 13, 16, 4:48 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Posts: 197
Anyone have any more recent updates on this property? Is it nearing completion? Website says reservations are accepted for stays from 11/15.

I'm attending a conference at The Phoenician but want to stay at a Hyatt property to maximize my Diamond status and get some nights in. Conference is 12/8-11. I know it's tricky staying a brand new place, but maybe some kinks will be worked out by the time I get there.

ERQ
ERQTraveler is offline  
Old Oct 13, 16, 9:44 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Programs: AA EXP, WOH Globalist
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler View Post
Anyone have any more recent updates on this property? Is it nearing completion? Website says reservations are accepted for stays from 11/15.

I'm attending a conference at The Phoenician but want to stay at a Hyatt property to maximize my Diamond status and get some nights in. Conference is 12/8-11. I know it's tricky staying a brand new place, but maybe some kinks will be worked out by the time I get there.

ERQ
Why don't you stay at Royal Palms then? It's a 5 minute drive away and is part of the Hyatt Collection.
davidajeff is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: