Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hmmmmm....I've been given a glass of wine upon arrival at Napa and Scottsdale, and had the happy hour at West Hollywood, Wall Street, and Fifth Avenue. Savannah had a self serve pantry off the lobby with drinks, IIRC including wine and beer. All of this was as a Glob (or maybe Diamond, I don't remember the dates), so maybe that was why I was offered the welcome wine.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hmmmmm....I've been given a glass of wine upon arrival at Napa and Scottsdale
I've also been offered a drink on arrival at Scottsdale, that's as an Explorist. I'm not sure it has anything to do with status.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Had a recent stay here. Upgraded to Saarinen from entry-level Eames. Similar observations as other posters mention above (meager mini-bar offerings, etc.), although I did like that you can take breakfast through early afternoon.

No welcome drink however or any mention of a happy hour. As for other Andaz locations, the one in London had a happy hour, or at least it did earlier this year. I also remember getting free drink vouchers at the Andaz Singapore.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hmmmmm....I've been given a glass of wine upon arrival at Napa and Scottsdale, and had the happy hour at West Hollywood, Wall Street, and Fifth Avenue. Savannah had a self serve pantry off the lobby with drinks, IIRC including wine and beer. All of this was as a Glob (or maybe Diamond, I don't remember the dates), so maybe that was why I was offered the welcome wine.
Im a Globalist, too, and am wondering if Covid is being used as an excuse to cut all the benefits that made the brand special.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:21 pm

I got a welcome glass of wine at check in at Scottsdale and Napa. I think that's pretty common.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I got a welcome glass of wine at check in at Scottsdale and Napa. I think that's pretty common.
I was informed only beer or water. Who knows...maybe the check-in person was mis-informed. Either way, the property is very simple and underwhelming in my opinion.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I had a recent stay here, and echoed the thoughts above. I've stayed here twice in the past, and a lot has been cut back. Welcome beverage of a beer was offered, but lots of the fun amenities included in the resort fee, like cocktail classes, etc, aren't available at this time. I stayed in the cattle track suite, which you can see a full tour of in my video of my time at the Andaz below. Happy to answer any questions.

jlisi984 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:37 pm

Great video review, thanks for sharing!
TheTravelPlaybook likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
So I learned today that they only upgrade (complimentary) to the Saarinen King. According to the front desk they “do not participate in suite upgrades”. Unless using a DSU. the room had 3 waters and a bag of chips.

yes the welcome drink is only beer. I would prefer wine.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
So I learned today that they only upgrade (complimentary) to the Saarinen King. According to the front desk they “do not participate in suite upgrades”. Unless using a DSU. the room had 3 waters and a bag of chips.

yes the welcome drink is only beer. I would prefer wine.
what’s your assessment of covid safety protocols and related amenity closures/modifications?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
So I learned today that they only upgrade (complimentary) to the Saarinen King. According to the front desk they “do not participate in suite upgrades”. Unless using a DSU.
Hmm. I have an upcoming stay in a couple nights and had texted the hotel to inquire what upgrades might look like. The agent was able to confirm a Saarinen King and said that if I wanted a Cattle Track Suite I'd have to use a TSU, to which I responded I'd inquire about a complimentary upgrade at check in (since I know they were already doing me a favor by blocking me into a Saarinen King two days before check in). They also quoted a $150 per night fee to upgrade into a Saarinen King with a cabana; apparently they do not do complimentary upgrades into those (I did get one as a confirmed Prive upgrade over the summer).

Did you inquire specifically about suites at check in and get that response? If so, did you press any further? Seems like they are straight up flouting WoH T&Cs by not honoring complimentary standard suite upgrades at check in--if it's available for a TSU upgrade, it should definitely be available for free to a Globalist upon check in.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dkc192
They also quoted a $150 per night fee to upgrade into a Saarinen King with a cabana; apparently they do not do complimentary upgrades into those (I did get one as a confirmed Prive upgrade over the summer).
I got upgraded to one last summer as Explorist. One night stay during low occupancy period though.

Originally Posted by dkc192
Seems like they are straight up flouting WoH T&Cs by not honoring complimentary standard suite upgrades at check in--if it's available for a TSU upgrade, it should definitely be available for free to a Globalist upon check in.
This is new and definitely a T&C violation. I wonder if there's been a management change.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
what’s your assessment of covid safety protocols and related amenity closures/modifications?
. Nothing really closed, this is Arizona after all.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 7:53 am

So per the blogs, this property is going from a 5 to a 6. Pricing awards in AZ can be a challenge because of the huge disparity in rates winter/summer. This place could be a relative bargain as a 5 during high season, when rates are often over $400 plus resort fee, but a terrible deal in the summer, when they drop below $200.

Six seems high to me, particularly when you add in the peak pricing that will no doubt apply during high season, putting price at 29k per night. This is at best a mid-tier valley property, and I would have a hard time paying $400 a night. The things I like best about the place are the Paradise Valley location and the convenient self-parking, and that's really not what you want to be saying at those kinds of prices.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Kacee
Six seems high to me, particularly when you add in the peak pricing that will no doubt apply during high season, putting price at 29k per night.
I do like this property (especially during recently ended promo where it could be had for 15k/night after points rebate). But 25-29k/night does seem a little steep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.