Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Niseko, Hanazono REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Niseko, Hanazono REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:34 pm

Ideally, I would like to visit PH Niseko in winter but the rate in summer is attractive enough to make me want to stay there. My question for those who stayed here or thinking about staying in summer, what activities can you do in summer. I'm not into river rafting but really like hiking, although I plan to just take public transportation to the nearest station and take a taxi to the hotel not driving by myself.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Ideally, I would like to visit PH Niseko in winter but the rate in summer is attractive enough to make me want to stay there. My question for those who stayed here or thinking about staying in summer, what activities can you do in summer. I'm not into river rafting but really like hiking, although I plan to just take public transportation to the nearest station and take a taxi to the hotel not driving by myself.
There's horseback riding and golf too. The hiking will be amazing too.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
There's horseback riding and golf too. The hiking will be amazing too.
This is one of those times when I wish I played golf.... Right now they have 3rd night free + free breakfast deal and the nightly rate is about 26,000 yen.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
This is one of those times when I wish I played golf.... Right now they have 3rd night free + free breakfast deal and the nightly rate is about 26,000 yen.
Outstanding rate for this property, too bad we can't "drop by" and spend a week there.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Anyone have any feedback on the various suite types or any experiences in the highest end suites?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
Looks like the Onsen suites are ~$500 or so next spring / summer (they look fantastic)! Will look forward to a stay there if the family is willing to go to Hokkaido...
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Mariott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Secured a 5 night stay crossing over into the new year 2023, a couple weeks ago. Cost a whooping 205K points given the peak nights (3x45K, 2x35K). Looks like all the rooms and suites are now fully booked, wondering if they'll open up more availability later on
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by immaculatedx
Secured a 5 night stay crossing over into the new year 2023, a couple weeks ago. Cost a whooping 205K points given the peak nights (3x45K, 2x35K). Looks like all the rooms and suites are now fully booked, wondering if they'll open up more availability later on
Looks like it - I was looking on and off, noticed a ton of point availability vanish over the past couple of weeks as more reopening rumors emerged, likely a lot of Australians and nearby folks looking to ski.

Also interesting that the hotel has fixed price ranges based on peak / off peak times, looks like up until November it's ~$200 USD for a base room, skyrocketing to ~$600 during peak ski season, then gradually back down to the $250-300 range for the rest of 2023 post-April. $250 base rate with a TSU for 3-4 days in May seems like a pretty decent deal to me.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Recently finished another excellent four night stay at the Park Hyatt Niseko. I really love this property for summer stays. Rates were fantastic (~$260/night) - especially considering the current weakness of the Yen and the fact this is now a Cat 8 property. Used a suite night award at time of booking to confirm a king bed suite room. Service was fantastic once again and the dining options here are phenomenal.

A few notes/changes since my last stay:
- The hotel side of the property reopened in May 2022, so, unfortunately, no more automatic upgrades to the residence side like last summer. I was hoping to swap my king suite to a king studio residence with onsen (a smaller room but with a private onsen). The studio residence with onsen was priced about $50 more than my suite - and I was happy to pay the difference but was told this wasn't possible and I'd need to pay the full room rate for the upgrade with no consideration for the suite upgrade award I had previously concerned. Not sure if it's true, but the assistant rooms manager insisted it had to do with the compensation for residence owners and it was no longer possible to simply upgrade guests from the hotel to residence side of the property. In the end, I toured the king studio residence with onsen and I actually preferred the king suite I had due to the larger size and increased privacy.
-The amazing Pierre Hermes Ispahan croissants now need to be pre-ordered the day prior for breakfast, and there is a small upcharge for them. Not a big deal, but I wish I knew this prior to my first breakfast. Also, the pre-order went missing on day two so I actually only got to enjoy them for two mornings. First world problems for sure, but these croissants are truly amazing!
- Hanazono Mountain Lights exhibit - until late October there is an evening light exhibit that begins at the hotel and goes up the side of the mountain, accessible using the gondola and then walking down the mountain back to the hotel. It's really well done and tickets can be purchased online (https://mountain-lights.com/) for 3000 JPY.
- Usage of the pool and public onsen still requires reservations and is limited to one hour. For all but once I had the onsen to myself the entire time, so it's certainly not crowded.
- Dining venues here continue to be exceptional. Had another fantastic tasting menu at Moličre Montagne and The Bar is currently doing a "Gin O'Clock" promotion allowing you to enjoy unlimited gins for two hours. They have an impressive gin menu with about 15 different Japanese gins - many from Hokkaido. Provided a great chance to sample some great new craft gins.

A few photo highlights included below. Happy to answer any questions about this property. Already looking forward to returning next summer!

-FlyerBeek

chad75, NOLAnwGOLD, demue and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Booked a Prive rate with 100 usd credit. Are all the restaurants operated by the hotel meaning you can charge your bill to the room? Saw several comments upthread on making reservations in advance so trying to plan ahead
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:42 am

Wrong thread

Last edited by sneamia; Sep 19, 2022 at 4:43 am Reason: Wrong thread
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:20 pm

FlyerBeek did you think a TSU was worth using for your stay? I'm thinking of using one for a 3 night stay on Prive upgrading to a King Suite (3rd night free, ~$240 a night average) vs. booking a Deluxe Onsen Park Suite directly on Prive (3rd night free, 460 USD average). Given the King Suite doesn't have an onsen and is a little smaller, I'm debating whether the value is there when the Deluxe Onsen suite is such a great deal.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by mechu
Booked a Prive rate with 100 usd credit. Are all the restaurants operated by the hotel meaning you can charge your bill to the room? Saw several comments upthread on making reservations in advance so trying to plan ahead
Yes, you can charge all restaurants to your room. Even at Sushi Mitsukawa - which is seemingly the only somewhat independent restaurant on site (their original location is still in Kanazawa).

Originally Posted by Fluff Ermine
FlyerBeek did you think a TSU was worth using for your stay? I'm thinking of using one for a 3 night stay on Prive upgrading to a King Suite (3rd night free, ~$240 a night average) vs. booking a Deluxe Onsen Park Suite directly on Prive (3rd night free, 460 USD average). Given the King Suite doesn't have an onsen and is a little smaller, I'm debating whether the value is there when the Deluxe Onsen suite is such a great deal.
Tough question. The difference between the base king room and my king bed suite was roughly $150/night - so that's the value I got out of burning the TSU. I was happy to use the TSU since I was staying 4 nights and wanted to at least confirm a suite ahead of time. Of course, given the occupancy during my stay there's a very good chance I would have been upgraded to the suite anyways. I would say that I definitely prefer the size and privacy of the king bed suite over the studio residence with onsen (the smallest/cheapest room on property with a private onsen), but given how cheap rates are right now I would be hard pressed to pass on a deluxe park suite with onsen if the price really is $460/night average. That's truly an amazing deal!

-FlyerBeek
Fluff Ermine likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
any tip/recommendation on getting there from chitose airport?
do i have to rent a car to get there?
i've never driven on snow-covered road before. is it too danger to drive ALONE?
(i used to drive on Hokkaido once in Summer visit a couple of years ago.)
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
any tip/recommendation on getting there from chitose airport?
do i have to rent a car to get there?
i've never driven on snow-covered road before. is it too danger to drive ALONE?
(i used to drive on Hokkaido once in Summer visit a couple of years ago.)
There's a bus in the winter, but it may not drop off at Hanazono directly. You can also get a train or taxi. I am sure the property has an exorbitantly expensive transportation option as well.
3rdworldresident likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.