Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 14, 2021, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by skj
Appreciate the update. Now the property should update their website ...
It's an Aimbridge operated property.... they are probably the worst operator of hotel's I've ever experienced in my admittedly sheltered life. Not surprised they haven't updated the website. Also, they use tacky vouchers for breakfast - I think it's much classier to just charge it to your room (even if you have to ask for them to adjust it off later).
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:58 am

If the restaurant was opened earlier this year, it has closed again. Or so it was on each of my one-week stays the last three months. Bars open and the limited food options are decent if you dont feel like venturing out and trying one of the many good restaurants around.

Lounge closed still.

Masks have gone from mandatory to optional for staff or at least not enforced at all somewhere in between my stays, noticed a difference from one to the next.

A bit disorganized though

I check in the app, tell them a realistic expectation for my arrival, say 5p, room not ready until 6:30p. No explanation, no apology, and out of bottled water to hand out too. I can hang out at the bar on my own tab!

First stay, no housekeeping until the fifth night wasnt around long enough. Fair, I knew and planned accordingly.

Last stay, app says housekeeping every day unless I request otherwise. 3 days in, no housekeeping and when I inquire, told I need to request it 24 hours in advance (they mean 24 hours ask at 6 pm, you get it not the next day but the day after). They wouldnt even send someone to pick up the trash, so these tiny little trash cans by the desk found their way into the hall..
Valet is hit and miss. Texting to retrieve car works half the time.Despite all this I am going back. Cant beat the location.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by furnaceflyer
If the restaurant was opened earlier this year, it has closed again. Or so it was on each of my one-week stays the last three months. Bars open and the limited food options are decent if you dont feel like venturing out and trying one of the many good restaurants around.

Lounge closed still.

Masks have gone from mandatory to optional for staff or at least not enforced at all somewhere in between my stays, noticed a difference from one to the next.

A bit disorganized though

I check in the app, tell them a realistic expectation for my arrival, say 5p, room not ready until 6:30p. No explanation, no apology, and out of bottled water to hand out too. I can hang out at the bar on my own tab!

First stay, no housekeeping until the fifth night wasnt around long enough. Fair, I knew and planned accordingly.

Last stay, app says housekeeping every day unless I request otherwise. 3 days in, no housekeeping and when I inquire, told I need to request it 24 hours in advance (they mean 24 hours ask at 6 pm, you get it not the next day but the day after). They wouldnt even send someone to pick up the trash, so these tiny little trash cans by the desk found their way into the hall..
Valet is hit and miss. Texting to retrieve car works half the time.Despite all this I am going back. Cant beat the location.
That doesn't sound like the best review. Are you a globalist? If so, what was the breakfast setup?

I've got a stay here in a couple of weeks for a wedding and after reading this I'm considering switching to the HR downtown. Anyone have better experience there?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
That doesn't sound like the best review. Are you a globalist? If so, what was the breakfast setup?

I've got a stay here in a couple of weeks for a wedding and after reading this I'm considering switching to the HR downtown. Anyone have better experience there?
We had a great weekend stay on points two weeks ago as globalists. We were upgraded ahead of time into a Regency Suite. There was an amenity of chocolates, nuts and fruit along with a couple of craft beers and a welcome note for us in the suite. Front desk agents were nice and remembered our name. Valet was free on an award stay.

Breakfast was filled out on a menu each night, due by 11pm and you put what time you wanted to pick it up. There were about 6 options such as bacon & eggs, a gigantic avocado toast, continental breakfast,etc. In the morning you just go pick it up, as it is grab n go.

The bar was open and lively at night as they had a couple weddings or some big event.

Pool was a mess due to lots of traffic there so towels were strayed.

Overall,the hotel is in great condition and we had a great stay.
Dsnow0819 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by madipides
We had a great weekend stay on points two weeks ago as globalists. We were upgraded ahead of time into a Regency Suite. There was an amenity of chocolates, nuts and fruit along with a couple of craft beers and a welcome note for us in the suite. Front desk agents were nice and remembered our name. Valet was free on an award stay.

Breakfast was filled out on a menu each night, due by 11pm and you put what time you wanted to pick it up. There were about 6 options such as bacon & eggs, a gigantic avocado toast, continental breakfast,etc. In the morning you just go pick it up, as it is grab n go.

The bar was open and lively at night as they had a couple weddings or some big event.

Pool was a mess due to lots of traffic there so towels were strayed.

Overall,the hotel is in great condition and we had a great stay.
Thanks for the update. That sounds like a better stay than the other member.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:45 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

If you're comparing Glob breakfasts, Shula's, the restaurant at the HR Houston downtown, is now open for breakfast 7 days a week. It's a full buffet, plus you can order eggs, omelets, pancakes, and waffles as part of the buffet. We'll be eating there once a week during the month of August as we take advantage of Houston Restaurant Week.
Dsnow0819 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 9:32 pm

On my last stay (this past week), the restaurant is open for breakfast and the housekeeping practices match what the app advertises. You may have to remind them of your status. On my last stay (still), they tried to stick me in a room on the side of the building. Smaller than other rooms, and with a great view on an alley and the office building right across.
Dsnow0819 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:04 am

Overall our stay here last weekend was less than stellar. We checked in close to 11pm and weren't given water vouchers or told about the breakfast situation (globalist). The restaurant is currently closed, but the market & bar are open. Breakfast is a card that you're supposed to fill out by 11pm the day before. The next morning they told us we could get breakfast with a 20-25 min wait for the food. An hour later they still hadn't even started preparing it. It would have big no big deal if they just gave us a realistic wait time so we could have actually gotten breakfast somewhere else before our event. They were not that busy. The room was out of shampoo & conditioner on arrival. At one point I needed to ask the front desk a question, but had to wait ~10 min while she finished her very loud personal conversation with a friend (who was obviously not a hotel guest) - take a break if you have personal business to take care of.

The location by the galleria is decent. A few food options that you can easily walk to. The hotel coffee was decent. The room was clean & very quiet. We never heard our neighbors. The hotel is not enforcing any type of mask policy even though there are signs. The valets were doing a great job of trying to keep a clear path so you could actually drive through (we took a lot of lyfts).
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by twbird18
The hotel is not enforcing any type of mask policy even though there are signs.
Welcome to Texas.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by twbird18
Overall our stay here last weekend was less than stellar. We checked in close to 11pm and weren't given water vouchers or told about the breakfast situation (globalist). The restaurant is currently closed, but the market & bar are open..
Maybe staff shortage? Not that this makes up for that, however I did check in this past Monday and checked out today... Restaurant open for breakfast every day. Obviously wouldn't know about weekends, but a sign by the coffee shop said it was open weekends too.

Seems like a decent long-term setup too. Plenty of good options around the hotel for lunch or dinner.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:33 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Just stayed for a night and burned a TSU thats expiring in 1.5 months anyway. I think prior posts have pretty much covered the pros and cons of the hotel, but figure Id add some photos and an update on whats open - bar and market are still open, Regency Club is not, breakfast is still to-go and ordered the night prior. Had to specifically ask about breakfast at check-in.

One thing to note, because my wife always asks when we travel together - no robe and slippers in the room, though Id be surprised if you couldnt request them.

Breakfast menu. Need to circle selections and return to front desk by 11pm
ralphs likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:26 pm

Does anyone have an email address for this hotel? There is something that looks like an email on their PDF hotel fact sheet, but with no '@". Yes, I've tried inserting one. Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Im looking for a modern hotel in Houston with a decent gym and a large desk, for a one night stay.
It shouldnt be too far from the Galleria area.
The Hyatt Regency looks extremely nice, though its one of the more expensive options.
Im extremely stingy with my points maybe I should just redeem some for the Regency? Or is there an option that offers better value for money?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:13 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Im looking for a modern hotel in Houston with a decent gym and a large desk, for a one night stay.
It shouldnt be too far from the Galleria area.
The Hyatt Regency looks extremely nice, though its one of the more expensive options.
Im extremely stingy with my points maybe I should just redeem some for the Regency? Or is there an option that offers better value for money?
No desks at this property. The only flat surface is the semi elliptical shaped table you can see in some of the photos in previous posts.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Oh, thanks! I guess that could work… provided there are power outlets somewhere not too far away?
I have to admit I really like the design otherwise.
Any feedback on the gym? Do they have a proper breakfast again? Is the lounge open? (I’ll probably give them a call later, I’m on a plane at the moment.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.