Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can't get a DSU confirmation email!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

So am staying at the PH Dubai for two weeks in Oct. I applied a DSU and supposedly its been applied. I have called hgp three times asking for email confirmation but have yet to receive any. Hgp continually says its been applied but since I am traveling so far I would like email confirmation. Any of you experienced this before?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:21 am

log into your Hyatt Gold Passport account and check the reservation there. Does it show you being in a suite room?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:05 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
So am staying at the PH Dubai for two weeks in Oct. I applied a DSU and supposedly its been applied. I have called hgp three times asking for email confirmation but have yet to receive any. Hgp continually says its been applied but since I am traveling so far I would like email confirmation. Any of you experienced this before?
Originally Posted by nappington
log into your Hyatt Gold Passport account and check the reservation there. Does it show you being in a suite room?
For some reason, confirmation emails showing application of DSU does not happen. And the reservation in your account doesn't usually show it either. I've had no trouble though at the property level, except once when the primary guest was me but my partner was with me and we used his DSU, was blocked into a club room, had to get the manager to find a suite - system put the DSU application in an unusual place they didn't see.

If you are really worried about it, why don't you confirm with the property directly. I doubt there would be any problem at PH DXB, since it's not really that unusual there for Diamonds to get a suite without DSU, I believe.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
For some reason, confirmation emails showing application of DSU does not happen. And the reservation in your account doesn't usually show it either.
Actually, my experience has been the opposite. I have received confirmation emails every single time I have applied a DSU to a booking. I am just looking at a confirmation email now, for a DSU for Park Hyatt Tokyo in December. The confirmation email clearly states the room booked as "Park Suite King" and the rate information as "Hyatt Gold Passport Points Plus Cash Award Combined w/ Tier Benefit Suite Upgrade Award".

Also shows "Park Suite" when I check the confirmation in my Gold Passport account.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC a DSU is only valid for a stay of seven days or less. Did you use more than one of them to confirm the upgrade? Did you need to make two separate reservations to make this work?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Just click on the "Rate Rules" within your reservation, which you can view online. It will break down exactly how the reservation was made.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
You could always email them to confirm. This is what I did to have it in writing. Email response with confirmation and specific suite type/name came within 48 hours.

For the first 2 DSUs I've ever used (applied them this past month, 2 different properties) I had a similar experience. Called to have the DSU applied, and rep said it's confirmed. I asked for confirmation email .. they said sure it will arrive soon. Never got it. I called HGP again and one rep told me since I booked through my company's travel site, there can't send me the notification. Not sure if that is true, but you can email HGP or like previous poster mentioned, go to Rate Rules.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:28 pm

I never get an email confirmation of a DSU when I book the basic room through an eligible third-party site (e.g., AmEx FHR). But the DSU is always applied.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by SubzeroMSP
You could always email them to confirm. This is what I did to have it in writing. Email response with confirmation and specific suite type/name came within 48 hours.

For the first 2 DSUs I've ever used (applied them this past month, 2 different properties) I had a similar experience. Called to have the DSU applied, and rep said it's confirmed. I asked for confirmation email .. they said sure it will arrive soon. Never got it. I called HGP again and one rep told me since I booked through my company's travel site, there can't send me the notification. Not sure if that is true, but you can email HGP or like previous poster mentioned, go to Rate Rules.
I almost never get confirmation emails on DSUs... sometimes you'll get a 2nd email saying you've booked a room but nowhere in there does it mention a suite. Sort of annoying. I got bit by this earlier this year where I thought a DSU was applied and it wasnt. I wish they would tag your online reservations a little bit more reasonably on hyatt.com so you know they've been used when you click on the reservation.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Actually, my experience has been the opposite. I have received confirmation emails every single time I have applied a DSU to a booking.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
I almost never get confirmation emails on DSUs...
Surprised at the inconsistent reports here.

Personally, I've always received an e-mail reflecting the change to my reservation after confirming a DSU.

But this seems to be a YMMV situation.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Just click on the "Rate Rules" within your reservation, which you can view online. It will break down exactly how the reservation was made.
Thanks for the advice here, I can see the suite description there. Just wish i got an email confirmation given the fact that I am travelling so far. I just don't appreciate the fact that HGP keeps telling me that they will send me something and they don't come through....
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I can see the suite description there
FWIW, 3 of the past 3 DSUs I have had applied were done so incorrectly. Two of the three showed the correct suite room description, but were still wrong. One of the three actually pulled the DSU from my awards page. I've learned to just call back a second time a few days after to verify it was applied.

None of the three have provided suite confirmation emails, even after having Hyatt correct the reservations and re-send emails.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat (0.09 MM), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the advice here, I can see the suite description there. Just wish i got an email confirmation given the fact that I am travelling so far. I just don't appreciate the fact that HGP keeps telling me that they will send me something and they don't come through....
I had to email [email protected], included my confirmation #'s, and specifically asked to verify DSUs were applied. Was replied back with yes, and specific suite room names .
Old Sep 26, 2015, 8:03 pm

Very inconsistent reports.

I have 3 Pts+Cash rezzies over the next 6 months.

Applied DSU to all of them just a few days ago (after hitting Diamond via fast-track).

Received email confirmations for 2 of the three, clearly indicating upgrade (although verbage does vary):
Type of Rate: POINTS CASH DIAX
"Rate Information: HYATT GOLD PASSPORT POINTS PLUS CASH AWARD COMBINED W/ TIER BENEFIT SUITE UPGRADE AWARD"

"Rate Information: HYATT GOLD PASSPORT POINTS PLUS CASH AWARD COMBINED W/ TIER BENEFIT SUITE UPGRADE AWARD"

Third one didn't generate an email, so I called again and requested re-send. No problem and has clear information.

However, online at Hyatt.com, cannot see in any way the upgrade information in Reservations. Even under rate details:
Here what "Rate Rules" displays for the same reservation (as the first listed above):

106.00 EUR Per Night/Per Room

686.88 EUR Total Per Room

Room Description:
A spacious 50-60-sq.-metre room features one king-sized bed, work desk, living area and...

Rate Description:

Cancellation Policy:
Cancel By 24hours Prior To Arrival To Avoid Penalty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.