Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt South East Asia Flash Sale 72 hrs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt South East Asia Flash Sale 72 hrs.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Evening,

I wanted to address the questions we have seen in regards to using a Diamond Suite Upgrade with the special SEA flash sale rates that we are now offering. Our terms and conditions do state that this rate is not eligible to use in conjunction with a Diamond Suite Upgrade. We are reviewing this further for future sales and promotions.

We thank you for your loyalty and for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Jillian McCall
Assistant Manager, Guest Services
Thanks for the update.

You just convinced me NOT to book a room at GH Taipei (because it cannot be applied DSU). Im appreciated that.

Will i still earn diamond benefits if i book with this rate?

P.S. Is 208$ a night (plus taxes) a good deal at this hotel?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:47 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Thanks for the update.

You just convinced me NOT to book a room at GH Taipei (because it cannot be applied DSU). Im appreciated that.

Will i still earn diamond benefits if i book with this rate?

P.S. Is 208$ a night (plus taxes) a good deal at this hotel?
You will get the Diamond benefits.

Considering this hotel goes for around TWD 9000, it's certainly better.

As far as applying your DSU, this property is among the harder ones to apply it to.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:58 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
No way. I would expect rates to be similar to the Erawan. Only the Oriental, Pen, and the siam can charge that much for a standard room, and that's only in the high season.

Only club rooms and (junior) suites or higher categories in BKK will fetch THB 10,000/night under normal circumstances.
I can't imagine the GH being too happy with the PH being so close and possibly charging similar rates. They might be under the Hyatt umbrella but ownership is completely different.

At the moment, St Regis is running a promotion. Breakfast for two, oil massage at the Elemis Spa, with Deluxe room at THB 8,200 ++. The room rate might not necessarily lower, but they are throwing in services.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gemini573
I can't imagine the GH being too happy with the PH being so close and possibly charging similar rates. They might be under the Hyatt umbrella but ownership is completely different.

At the moment, St Regis is running a promotion. Breakfast for two, oil massage at the Elemis Spa, with Deluxe room at THB 8,200 ++. The room rate might not necessarily lower, but they are throwing in services.
An inclusion like a massage is a good value add that allows hotels to maintain higher rates. The cost of the massage to the hotel is relatively small in BKK, and you can be sure that a complimentary massage results in many guests booking additional spa services in conjunction with the massage.

GH probably doesn't like that it will now have competition from another Hyatt in town. Until now, Hyatt Diamonds had a strong incentive to choose Erawan.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Different clientele perhaps for GH and PH?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Mr. Zidell gave a vague response, apologizing for confusion but not retracting the "no Diamond Suite Upgrades" condition, only pledging to "reevaluate for the future"

I assume that this means they have to figure out a way to put more holes in the T&C to do what they want.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:37 pm
formerly gemini573

Originally Posted by Aventine
Different clientele perhaps for GH and PH?
Perhaps. I think the guests that frequent the Erawan will initially check out the PH. I know I will.

Some friends of mine that are in the hotel industry in BKK have said the PH ownership want to be the ones who break the 10k baht per night (standard room), barrier in the CBD. They all said one thing; good luck.

Also, there's a rumor going on of another Hyatt property (Regency) in Bangkok. Somewhere in Sukhumvit.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Omaha Manager
"The conditions governing this specific rate indicate that it is ineligible for Diamond Suite Upgrade awards. All other eligible rates are still, and will continue to be, eligible for the suite upgrade awards, whenever available.

As this is a unique instance, we recognize it can create confusion, and I would like to apologize for that. We are evaluating for future potential offers how to best proceed that will eliminate any uncertainty and ensure that this popular benefit remains available to our members on all eligible rates."
They probably just copy and paste that for all of us. Must be the SOP for complaints on this matter.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 16, 2015 at 7:46 pm
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
" The conditions governing this specific rate indicate that it is ineligible for Diamond Suite Upgrade awards. All other eligible rates are still, and will continue to be, eligible for the suite upgrade awards, whenever available.

As this is a unique instance, we recognize it can create confusion, and I would like to apologize for that. We are evaluating for future potential offers how to best proceed that will eliminate any uncertainty and ensure that this popular benefit remains available to our members on all eligible rates." Another Omaha manager

They probably just copy and paste that for all of us. Must be the SOP for complaints on this matter.
The disingenuous part of this argument that nobody is willing to talk about is that the T&C as written doesn't allow properties to do this. All rates booked on hyatt.com are Eligible Rates. All paid Eligible Rates are eligible for Diamond Suite Upgrades. There is no provision that allows properties to line item veto benefits as they see fit.

That's a problem with their understanding, not ours!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Perhaps. I think the guests that frequent the Erawan will initially check out the PH. I know I will.

Some friends of mine that are in the hotel industry in BKK have said the PH ownership want to be the ones who break the 10k baht per night (standard room), barrier in the CBD. They all said one thing; good luck.
That is very unlikely I think. Even the Siam, Mandarin Oriental have lead in rooms starting from THB 7,000~9,000 in the low season. Since I can negotiate rates for a Deluxe Suite (or whatever that category is now called) at Anantara Siam, or a Spa Cottege at GH Erawan, significantly below BAR, there is no chance in hell that I would ever shell out THB 10,000++ for a standard room at a Hyatt in BKK.

Re DSUs, I think it is fine that hotels opt out of this for the deeply discounted flash sale rates. They have to draw the line somewhere. Want to use a DSU? Pay an eligible rate.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is very unlikely I think. Even the Siam, Mandarin Oriental have lead in rooms starting from THB 7,000~9,000 in the low season. Since I can negotiate rates for a Deluxe Suite (or whatever that category is now called) at Anantara Siam, or a Spa Cottege at GH Erawan, significantly below BAR, there is no chance in hell that I would ever shell out THB 10,000++ for a standard room at a Hyatt in BKK.
Maybe if they had their own man-made beach on the property then they could get away with 10,000 baht a night. Those owners must be dreaming high
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Re DSUs, I think it is fine that hotels opt out of this for the deeply discounted flash sale rates. They have to draw the line somewhere. Want to use a DSU? Pay an eligible rate.
The Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions state that all paid rates offered by the hotel are eligible rates. If Hyatt is going to allow hotels to pick and choose which Hyatt Gold Passport benefits apply to which rate, then they must amend their policies in advance stating so.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:27 pm
Suspended

they have in the T&Cs of this sale

Hyatt Flash Sale special rate is valid for reservations made between July 4, 2015 and July 7, 2015, for stays between July 11, 2015 and August 31, 2015 (both dates inclusive), at participating hotels in Asia Pacific. Hyatt Flash Sale special rate applies to bookings at participating hotels in Asia Pacific, and the discount special rate varies among the participating hotels by room type and selected stay dates, as determined by each participating hotel at its discretion and taking into account room availability. Savings is based on the Hyatt Daily Rates, and will be reflected in rate confirmed at time of reservation. Bookings must be made at least seven days in advance of the intended stay (either via any Hyatt Global Contact Centre or through Hyatt.com), using offer code APA40), with full, non-refundable payment. Rates are per room, per night, excluding service charges, taxes and other incidental expenses (except in Australia where rates are tax inclusive). Additional charges may apply for additional guests and room-type upgrades. Bookings are subject to availability and a limited number of rooms are allocated to this promotion. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply, including, but not limited to, minimum length of stay and day of week restrictions. This promotion may not be combined with other offers or discounts. Offer may not be used in conjunction with the Diamond suite upgrade award.
http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...ferId=55662842

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions state that all paid rates offered by the hotel are eligible rates. If Hyatt is going to allow hotels to pick and choose which Hyatt Gold Passport benefits apply to which rate, then they must amend their policies in advance stating so.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leeky
they have in the T&Cs of this sale

Hyatt Flash Sale special rate is valid for reservations made between July 4, 2015 and July 7, 2015, for stays between July 11, 2015 and August 31, 2015 (both dates inclusive), at participating hotels in Asia Pacific. Hyatt Flash Sale special rate applies to bookings at participating hotels in Asia Pacific, and the discount special rate varies among the participating hotels by room type and selected stay dates, as determined by each participating hotel at its discretion and taking into account room availability. Savings is based on the Hyatt Daily Rates, and will be reflected in rate confirmed at time of reservation. Bookings must be made at least seven days in advance of the intended stay (either via any Hyatt Global Contact Centre or through Hyatt.com), using offer code APA40), with full, non-refundable payment. Rates are per room, per night, excluding service charges, taxes and other incidental expenses (except in Australia where rates are tax inclusive). Additional charges may apply for additional guests and room-type upgrades. Bookings are subject to availability and a limited number of rooms are allocated to this promotion. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply, including, but not limited to, minimum length of stay and day of week restrictions. This promotion may not be combined with other offers or discounts. Offer may not be used in conjunction with the Diamond suite upgrade award.
http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/...ferId=55662842
The Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions prohibit a property from structuring a rate like this.

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/2015/09...th-flash-sale/
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:43 pm
Suspended

the properties didn't do it - Hyatt did it or are you of the opinion that Hyatt is not allowed to change their T&Cs !!??

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions prohibit a property from structuring a rate like this.

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/2015/09...th-flash-sale/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.