Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt - New York City - Surveillance Video

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:52 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood

Thought it was interesting that on tonight's NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, the story about the gentleman who used to play tennis and was waiting for a car to the US Open and was wrongly identified as a suspect. Turns out that the Grand Hyatt had surveillance video from an outside camera that showed everything that happened!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant
Thought it was interesting that on tonight's NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, the story about the gentleman who used to play tennis and was waiting for a car to the US Open and was wrongly identified as a suspect. Turns out that the Grand Hyatt had surveillance video from an outside camera that showed everything that happened!
So what happened? If you are going to start a thread, it would be helpful to have some background information and context...

The gentelman who used to play tennis??
Was waiting for a car??
Identified as a suspect in what crime??

Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/10/us/ten...ckled-by-nypd/
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:25 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
So what happened? If you are going to start a thread, it would be helpful to have some background information and context...

The gentelman who used to play tennis??
Was waiting for a car??
Identified as a suspect in what crime??

Sorry - these days when I tweet or share something I'm used to people using google (google.com) when they are looking for more details.

Curious why it appears so many people on FT these days go immediately into "snark mode?" I was posting a "I thought this was interesting. . ." post.

Thank you to TerryK for finding the link and posting it.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Terrible post.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:35 am

It would be customary to at least include basic information such as who, what, when, where, etc... Also perhaps a link to a news article would have helped.

Otherwise, it just reads like: the guy who used to play tennis was waiting for a car and misidentified ad a suspect. Without context and more information that makes for a completely useless post.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I know someone that did something! Google it for details!

Just thought all of you would like to know.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

At least Grand Hyatt NY was in the news.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are we to infer that the OP thinks the GH NYC surveillance cameras are a good thing or a bad thing because they violate privacy? Does the OP want to start a discussion about the appropriateness of Hyatt hotels having lots of surveillance cameras everywhere?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
... so can you get Diamond or CC status comped for this?

http://deadspin.com/nypd-releases-vi...nni-1730137308

Poor tennis pro getting a bit of a "frisk" while heading into the GH NYC.

I hope the welcoming committee is a little nicer when I roll through the doors.

/joke
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by austin_modern
http://deadspin.com/nypd-releases-vi...nni-1730137308

Poor tennis pro getting a bit of a "frisk" while heading into the GH NYC.

I hope the welcoming committee is a little nicer when I roll through the doors.

/joke
It seems like some other hotel guest(s)/users of the hotel were in on the illegal purchases acts and were the intended target of the NYPD hit. It's interesting that the NYPD didn't release the picture of the intended target of the NYPD hit, but perhaps that comes out in due civil litigation against the NYPD on this matter.

This American tennis pro doesn't sound British, with British being the background of the two visitors arrested for the credit card fraud while utilizing the services of the "Hyatt" concierge.

The NYPD got off him only after some retired NYPD person informed them that they had jumped a rather famous tennis player.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:51 pm

This thread should probably be closed. The incident really had nothing to do with Hyatt apart from the proximity to GH NY.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:02 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
This thread should probably be closed. The incident really had nothing to do with Hyatt apart from the proximity to GH NY.
As an FYI - the small icon with the yield sign and ! (in the corner) can be clicked on and will bring up a text box enabling you to alert the moderator(s) that there is something wrong with the post. Enter your text then select the button that says Report Post. This will send a message to the Moderators so they can close/edit/etc.

I have already done this so the mods will pay attention to it shortly I am sure.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It seems like some other hotel guest(s)/users of the hotel were in on the illegal purchases acts and were the intended target of the NYPD hit. It's interesting that the NYPD didn't release the picture of the intended target of the NYPD hit, but perhaps that comes out in due civil litigation against the NYPD on this matter.

This American tennis pro doesn't sound British, with British being the background of the two visitors arrested for the credit card fraud while utilizing the services of the "Hyatt" concierge.

The NYPD got off him only after some retired NYPD person informed them that they had jumped a rather famous tennis player.
I read that they were working off the wrong photo of the suspect - they didn't release the photo they were working off of, it's entirely wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.