Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issue with Status recognition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Issue with Status recognition

Been having a problem with all my reservations, for some reason Hyatt is logging me as a Platinum member whenever I make reservations (when the confirmation come through it lists me as such) and normally when I check in it has me listed as Platinum, but they seem to be able to "refresh" the booking and it then correctly lists my status. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I you made your reservations before you became a diamond, then they would have to refresh their system in order to see your new status.

Is this happening with reservations you made after becoming diamond?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Is your correct status plain Gold or Diamond?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I you made your reservations before you became a diamond, then they would have to refresh their system in order to see your new status.

Is this happening with reservations you made after becoming diamond?
I've been diamond for over a year and a half and this exact problem still happens to me. So it's definitely not a case of booking before I made diamond. I've called Hyatt GP a few times and they can't figure it out. So I just keep having to re-input the number at every hotel i stay at. If anyone here has the answer, i'd be eternally grateful.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:53 pm

This has happened on my last three bookings, and just happened to me today!

Because I was still at work, my wife decided to check-in, and even though I am a Diamond and made the reservation as a Diamond, the property had me as Platinum and therefore, denied her all Diamond access.

Called Diamond HGP and the agent couldn't figure it out, she was able to call the hotel to straighten it out but denies there's an underlying issue. All she can say over and over is I show you as a Diamond, there's nothing I can do. Agent lacked any willingness to dig further, and gave me an attitude over the phone. It was definitely one of the poorest interactions I have had with the the Diamond line.

Last edited by fangtl; Sep 19, 2015 at 6:03 pm
Old Sep 19, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Regardless of what your status is when you make the booking, your status should show your "live" status at the Hyatt you stay at. They have a line on their computer which shows your status (As an example, Diamond is DIA.) If this is wrong, you should escalate it until it's resolved. There's also a Hyatt lurker on here that I am sure can help.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:43 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

(This is directed towards any and all affected guests, not necessarily just fangtl)

Good Afternoon,

Systems not communicating as they should is one thing, but what you've described is definitely not what is supposed to happen in that case. However rare instances like this may be on the whole, each one is very important to us so we may troubleshoot our tracking/reporting/updating to ensure we're not unnecessarily causing confrontations and headaches with our most frequent guests.

If you were met with anything less than helpfulness when contacting one of our reps, could you please PM us any relevant details when something like this happens so we may investigate and follow up with the appropriate parties? Short term, the most important party to follow up with is the hotel; we need to get you any and all benefits you're due. Long term, we want to prevent it from happening at all.

Safe travels,

Evan V

Originally Posted by fangtl
This has happened on my last three bookings, and just happened to me today!

Because I was still at work, my wife decided to check-in, and even though I am a Diamond and made the reservation as a Diamond, the property had me as Platinum and therefore, denied her all Diamond access.

Called Diamond HGP and the agent couldn't figure it out, she was able to call the hotel to straighten it out but denies there's an underlying issue. All she can say over and over is I show you as a Diamond, there's nothing I can do. Agent lacked any willingness to dig further, and gave me an attitude over the phone. It was definitely one of the poorest interactions I have had with the the Diamond line.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:09 am

Thank you Evan, you've been PM'd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.